You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SinbadSound3 (resized).jpg
SinbadSound2 (resized).jpg
SinbadSound1 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Anyone know how to change the chimes to a gottlieb first gen soundcard?
How to wire speaker and to connect the card?

#2 6 years ago

I just did that to my Sinbad last week. I have done this to all my system 1 games that have chimes. I will take some pictures tonight when I get home. I typically add a connector so I can easily switch between the chimes and the sound card. I like the chimes but they are loud and makes for playing at night hard without waking up the neighbors and the rest of the house. The chimes also have a hard time keeping up when you have 3x, 4x and 5x bonus.

#3 6 years ago

I would recommend making it a reversible modification if you do go ahead with it. Most people prefer the chimes for the earlier games. I know a lot of people who have owned close encounters, and have changed from the electronic sounds back to chimes.

#4 6 years ago

I agree. That is why I install the connector so all I have to do is open the coin door and unplug the sound card and plug in the chimes, which I do on occasion when I want to hear the chimes. I also just lay the speaker in the bottom of the cabinet without cutting any holes or even screwing it down.

#5 6 years ago

I took some pictures but did not have time to create a complete document. I can take the time to do that if there are people interested in doing this. Otherwise, just get a schematic of the System 1 sound (tone) board and go from there. The tone board is pretty simple and uses the solenoid inputs. So you just connect the chime solenoid inputs to the tone board, connect an 8 ohm speaker to the tone board and pick up the 24 vdc for the tone board from the knocker solenoid. If you need more detail pm me and I will see what I can do for you.

SinbadSound1 (resized).jpgSinbadSound1 (resized).jpg

SinbadSound2 (resized).jpgSinbadSound2 (resized).jpg

SinbadSound3 (resized).jpgSinbadSound3 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6 6 years ago

AWSOME
Please do a guide

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sinbad-sound?hl=andreas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.