(Topic ID: 190585)

Sinbad Playfield Restoration (Fail and Recovery!)

By quinntopia

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by quinntopia
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sinbad Decals (resized).png
White Decals FINAL (resized).png
5C0F15F8-738D-4E94-A289-C28988DB79CA (resized).jpeg
E7870D7E-FFDC-4896-A412-9F1F23C279AF (resized).jpeg
DE996419-351C-41D6-A277-A925BAB5A1BC (resized).jpeg
IMG_6264 (resized).jpg
IMG_6263 (resized).jpg
IMG_6259 (resized).jpg
IMG_6262 (resized).jpg
IMG_6167 (resized).JPG
IMG_6166 (resized).JPG
IMG_6140 (resized).JPG
IMG_6144 (resized).JPG
IMG_6129 (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).png
IMG_6126 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gryszzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

What's with the space between the sentences/paragraphs? Do you speak like that, with an emphatic pause?
I mean, it is Sinbad...

so I believe it.

#13 6 years ago

No PacMan, I did not mean you.

#15 6 years ago

Looks like they'll be about 4 Sinbah restos starting simultaneously. Guess that's a great thing for planet Earth! Will be following

closely.

#18 6 years ago

OP...please retitle yer thread to "Sinbad. Restore. By. Bill. Shatner."

We're just joshin ya man! Good start. Was seriously waiting for TXJay to start his. It will definitely be worth watching...his work is spot on. Nice to see some love for this great title!

#42 6 years ago

Lunch break​'s over. How'd the orange go?

#45 6 years ago

Color me silly but you sure seem to know all the right steps for a "dumb newbie."
Dumb luck or Decapitated?
With that big sword, I'm going for Decapitated.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from quinntopia:

I've actually considered creating a "process diagram" or flow chart of all the steps, preparation, supplies and parts that are needed!

Would be super awesome of ya if ya did. Not many restores on this title. Super stoked to get my (non working) machine next week. Guess I should've already ordered the Pascal board. Not in a hurry though, still bleeding from the ACDC purchase.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from quinntopia:

Question for you...you've got some cool pins, what is it about Sinbad? I haven't been doing this long but seems like most people who have modern games don't care too much for older pins?

What's NOT to love about Sinbah?
4 linear flippers that present all kinds of crazy ball movement. Almost a whole different skill set playin with 4. The rules are somewhat easy (always a huge plus for me!). The spinner is right in the middle to rip on, and it's kinda the best of both worlds being a SS yet retaining the wonderful EM bells and chimes (ok so they're not authentic, but real enough for me.) Plus it was a pretty awesome movie; I remember watching it with my Dad. People can say whatever they want, but I believe most all of us are suckers for nostalgia. I am.
Keep up the great work Q! Can't wait to finally get my machine on Fri!

#53 6 years ago

Oh and thanks for posting that flowchart! That info will come in handy for a quick reference. Sinbad restorers unite!

#65 6 years ago

I heart this thread. Great job Q.

#67 6 years ago

When I posted that last night I just saw there had been 11 new posts....so I didn't see the insert pics. Wow. Everything was going so good! Wasn't being sarcastic or a dick...I just didn't see yer last post. Hope you figure that out man!

3 months later
#169 6 years ago

My guy. I absolutely ❤ your tenacity. Keep up the great work! And hurry up with this pf so I can really start following this lol..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gryszzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sinbad-restoration?tu=gryszzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.