By spongeking

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

working on Sinbad have read many forms but none has address the issue i have
turn off and on most of the time it credits 48 credits i get down to 38 turn off back on it goes back to 48 all dips are right volts 5.01 12.06
have swapped cpu board with another but it was a buck rogers rom that one i got it working
soon as i swap roms it goes back to this

any thoughts or help thank you
so say we all

#2 11 years ago

Thats a great problem to have. No freeplay setting on sys1 games. So never have to add credits.

#3 11 years ago

I thought System 1's were limited to 15 credits max...???

#4 11 years ago

Did you go into selftest mode and clear out all audits/credits after doing the swaps?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from spongeking:

working on Sinbad have read many forms but none has address the issue i have
turn off and on most of the time it credits 48 credits i get down to 38 turn off back on it goes back to 48 all dips are right volts 5.01 12.06
have swapped cpu board with another but it was a buck rogers rom that one i got it working
soon as i swap roms it goes back to this
any thoughts or help thank you
so say we all

Quoted from 85Txaggie:

I thought System 1's were limited to 15 credits max...???

Oops, that´s an interesting thing

If the original accu/battery is removed from the CPU-board, the data are logically deleted. But - if you then look at the credit display, you will see and notice, that the credits have exceeded the predetermined fixed value of Gottlieb; the credit-limit value for system 1 is maximum 15 credits!

Not very much indeed. With this "trick" - inserting a new battery to the CPU-board with the machine powered on - you can drive up the limit of 15 credits to maximum 99 credits. But caution: exceeding the 99-limit and falling below the 15-limit leads to the "Gottlieb standard", that says, that the MPU then is virtually "calibrated"!

- Ingo

#6 11 years ago

Clearing out the audits should fix this. Could also be a bad 5101 too.
Steve

#7 11 years ago

i would check your coin switches to see if one is bad or stuck. i know on mine, if i trigger the coin switch once, it registers 99 credits, same thing if i win a free game. the stange thing is, it doesnt actually give you 99 credits, since set to free play, "99" will disappear after a game is started.

#8 11 years ago

found out that the rom is bad placed another rom in from buck rogers and was able to clear out credits and keep crediting right now

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

i would check your coin switches to see if one is bad or stuck. i know on mine, if i trigger the coin switch once, it registers 99 credits, same thing if i win a free game. the stange thing is, it doesnt actually give you 99 credits, since set to free play, "99" will disappear after a game is started.

the dip's were set right i have a second cpu board joker poke and the rom did the same in it
thank very much for the help

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from zarco:

Clearing out the audits should fix this. Could also be a bad 5101 too.
Steve

Yes a friend said the same did this and still same
thanks very much for the help

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

Oops, that´s an interesting thing
If the original accu/battery is removed from the CPU-board, the data are logically deleted. But - if you then look at the credit display, you will see and notice, that the credits have exceeded the predetermined fixed value of Gottlieb; the credit-limit value for system 1 is maximum 15 credits!
Not very much indeed. With this "trick" - inserting a new battery to the CPU-board with the machine powered on - you can drive up the limit of 15 credits to maximum 99 credits. But caution: exceeding the 99-limit and falling below the 15-limit leads to the "Gottlieb standard", that says, that the MPU then is virtually "calibrated"!
- Ingo

thanks did not know that

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Did you go into selftest mode and clear out all audits/credits after doing the swaps?

yes it was same bad rom rare but had another one and it works fine
thanks for the help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sinbad-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.