New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 190739)

Sinbad Club

By Gryszzz

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by quinntopia
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6534 (resized).jpg
IMG_6536 (resized).jpg
IMG_6545 (resized).jpg
IMG_6542 (resized).jpg
20170617_152954 (resized).jpg
IMG_1526 (resized).JPG
51mcwi-4puL._SY400_ (resized).jpg
MV5BOTI2MzU4NjM4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTkwNzYzNTE@._V1_SX178_AL_ (resized).jpg
20170606_201619 (resized).jpg
20170606_201805 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quinntopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sorry, not really backbox. The speckled orange trim around backglass. That paint job. Is awesome.

The colors on this game are awesome! In fact, every system 1 seems to have great colors, but the orange and magenta really look great on the cab!

2 weeks later
#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Righty ho! Got my Pascal 4-in-1 board ordered. So where do you guys buy yer System 1 parts? PBR? Bay Area?

Once I get my playfield sorted out I have a Pascal 4x1 to install as well. I've been debating repinning the connectors while I work on the playfield, but I'll probably just take my chances.

I've already replaced fuses, added more fuses (from the Pinrepair.com sys1 guide), rebuilt all 4 flippers, replaced pop bumper coils, and have all new rubber and LEDs to install. Whew. I just hope it works!

#31 3 years ago

What is the opinion on replacing the plastic playfield posts? Sinbad uses a white 1" post, but I wonder if it would look better with some of the semi-retired colored posts?

Is this a terrible thing to do, or best to keep it original in your opinion?

I would really like orange/Amber, but since Sinbad needs two of their "siamese" double posts and I can only find them in clear or red, not sure those would look as good.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Righty ho! Got my Pascal 4-in-1 board ordered. So where do you guys buy yer System 1 parts? PBR? Bay Area?

Marco for most stuff for me. Good prices, fast shipping, easy PayPal.

Odds n ends from flippers.com and cointaker and a couple of others.

8 months later
#33 2 years ago

My year-long resto is done! And I can now finally play my four-flipper, fantasy-themed Gottlieb based on what was going to be the best movie of 1977 (there was some other movie that summer that apparently stole all of its thunder).

Most of the major and minor things that can be done were made (additional fuses, repinning, flipper rebuild, Pascal P1-X4 board, etc...) but the most obvious was the restoration of the playfield and few cosmetic mods of my own to the playfield.

IMG_6542 (resized).jpg

#34 2 years ago

One of the mods was painting the siderails. The wood laminate was a bit worn, and rather than fixing that with more wood rails, I decided to paint them a gloss black, which I think really helps make the playfield art 'pop' a lot more.

IMG_6545 (resized).jpg

#35 2 years ago

Another mod was swapping out the stock pop bumpers with yellow w/black rings pop and yellow covers and an orange skirt. I think this is a better match for the theme, although obviously, not original.

IMG_6536 (resized).jpg

#36 2 years ago

I also went with translucent posts and orange silicon rings from Titan pinball. A lot of orange on this machine, and the orange rings really look nice, especially on the flippers themselves - which I didn't expect.

I also have some blue lane guides (instead of stock yellow) I am experimenting with. These don't work that well right now, I think mostly because the blue LED I had on hand is the wrong color blue and looks like a purple. I may try a teal to match the 'aqua-blue' on the playfield better.

All my plastics are pretty warped and mostly cracked at corners, and the plastic over the yellow drop targets isn't even from a Sinbad, so that will probably be my next (and final?) purchase on this restore.

IMG_6534 (resized).jpg

#37 2 years ago

One more thing....when I won this machine off a blind auction a year ago, all three boards in the backbox were missing, so I had to replace them, and going to a Pascal P1-X4 was the best solution, although not a cheap one. So I can't compare this game to a standard board or the original features, but I love the Pascal and if I get another System 1, I would definetly spend the $300 for a Pascal board. I love the 'attract mode', skill shot, and other features - it really makes this a fun game to play!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 289.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 30.00
Apparel - Men
Pinball Haus
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 36.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 1,400.00
$ 52.00
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quinntopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside