• Latest reply 2 years ago by slochar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210709_214806075 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hey there, long time pinball enthusiast with his first game here is having issues.

My understanding is pretty basic when it comes to electronics, bear with this learning mind.

My Solid State Sinbad is having an issue, my 1000 chime unit is not hitting the chime! Haven't touched the chimes at all, was working completely fine until it didnt. NOW when the coil is activated, the striker hits just below the chime itself so Everytime I hit a thousand points I hear it firing but no music, having a pascal board installed, Ive just been getting by with a cheaper speaker and the tones built it.

Does it need slight adjustment to the chime itself, does the coil need to rebuild?

Please help me diagnosis and educate a first timer.

IMG_20210709_214806075 (resized).jpgIMG_20210709_214806075 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Chime_Units

The plunger not making it all the way could be either stickiness or missing pads on the bottom, or the nylon tip could be worn away. Sometimes a hole digs itself into the chime bar itself if it's really worn out or it was run without the nylon tip.

I know that's in the EM section, but basically your chime unit is an EM unit with diodes added to the coils.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sinbad-chime-unit-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.