IMG_20190209_175654.jpg
d1fdd90042ce69db (resized).jpg
IMG_20160926_224208 (resized).jpg
Cockpit2 (resized).jpg
Cockpit3 (resized).jpg
Cockpit (resized).jpg
IMG_1632 (resized).JPG
IMG_1631 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 7 years ago

Before pinball I was hardcore into SimRacing. Started with Nascar2003, GT Legends then to rFactor then finally to iRacing. I built many rigs and this was my last one. I have since sold my wheels and disassembled my rig (now is my camera rig for pinball) Short of it is I don't have room for my rig anymore. I do miss it. I even road raced for a while back in 2009-2012. Owned an SCCA ITA car with my brother. Too much of a money sink though and the closest track was 4 hours.

I still have my custom hydraulic set of pedals for sale if anybody is interested, along with a DSD Bent shaft sequential shifter.

IMG_1631 (resized).JPGIMG_1631 (resized).JPG

IMG_1632 (resized).JPGIMG_1632 (resized).JPG

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What are you looking to get for those? I'd guess you want more than I'm willing to spend on sim stuff right now, but doesn't hurt to check.

I would like to get $400 out of them. I have over $750 in them. I had the pedal assembly made by a race shop in the UK with the wider brake pedal and powder coated white. Right now they are just a two pedal setup, but the clutch pedal is there if somebody wanted to put a spring/master cylinder and pot on it.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I picked up an Oculus Rift last month and started using it with a Logitech G27 and Project Cars. I'm using a Wheel Stand Pro for the G27 that allows me to fairly easily setup / store the wheel.
So far the immersion with the headset + wheel is pretty damn awesome. I have a 4K monitor and while the Rift headset isn't as sharp / vivid as playing on the monitor I would take playing it in VR over the monitor due to the immersion factor alone. Playing a racing game in VR with proper native VR support is incredible.
I tried last night to get Assetto Corsa to work with the Rift, which has native support for it, but I haven't had much luck getting it to run properly.

I had a DK2 for a while and I think it is the way of the future in regards to sim racing, but the tech just isn't quite there yet. We need better resolution and much better optimization/horsepower to make it viable. I am excited for it though and the smaller footprint with VR is nice.

#29 7 years ago

I recommend the 80/20 aluminum for sure. Such a great building material. Expensive up front, but you can use it for so many things later on

d1fdd90042ce69db (resized).jpgd1fdd90042ce69db (resized).jpg

2 years later
#34 4 years ago

Going to dig this one up from the grave

I noted years ago that VR wasn't quite there yet. I just picked up a Rift S cheap of of Facebook and tried it out in iRacing and rFactor2 and WOW, it has come a long way in a few years. I can only image how good the Valve Index or Pimax 5k is.

I am currently building my racing rig back up and even purchased a Simucube 2 wheel that should be here around the end of next month. Looking forward to it. I have missed racing a lot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simracing?tu=Gov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.