• Simpsons 7 votes
    29%
  • TMNT 5 votes
    21%
  • Don't waste your $$$ 12 votes
    50%

(24 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

Hey, I'd like to get everyones opinion on which Data East game is a better buy. I've got both a Simpsons and TMNT up for sale near me. Both around the same price. I grew up in the 90's so am a huge fan of both themes. But I've only got $ for one. Which one do I get? I realize that neither game is very deep when I comes to rules. I have 2 young kids who love pinball. What's the better buy?

#2 8 years ago

TMNT was the first game I ever owned, and it took me maybe a day or two to realize it was a mistake. I sold it after about 2 months.

The Simpsons - Love the artwork, but a few dollars at the arcade was about all it took for me to decide it wasn't for me.

The flipside? If the price is right, buy it, and if you don't like it, sell it. I think both are about equal as far as gameplay is concerned.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks BJD. The Simpsons has mods it looks like. Seems pretty nice. I'm leaning that way. I like the Apu kickback. Decision pending.

#4 8 years ago

I personally like the Simpsons, but be careful this game is very hard to find in decent shape!

#5 8 years ago

Simpsons is better gameplay-wise, but tmnt had a certain charm. The callouts and turtle power theme are great. The spinny pizza disk and sewer kickout... Meh.

#6 8 years ago

I've owned both. Wanted TMNT to be great, since I own both turtles arcades. But, the turtles pinball is pretty terrible.

Simpsons is slightly better.

#7 8 years ago

Depends its all about state,
ive played both,
a good tmnt is more fun then a crappy state simpsons
but if in good state id buy simpsons

i got a great state tmnt pure mindless fun

to be honest id buy neither but rather another pin

Good luck
testplay is the word

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-vs-tmnt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.