• Stern Jurassic Park Pro 95 votes
    56%

(170 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1581125376856 (resized).jpg
SIMP (resized).jpg
side by side (resized).png
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

UGH TSPP...
It earned on route is the only nice thing I can say about it!

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

I’ve only had my TSPP for a few months, but the only thing that I’ve had to replace was the VUK switch under the upper playfield.

I've had mine for a little over 4 years and that's the only thing I've had to replace as well. I did break the mode TV at one point but that was because I pulled a wire out of the harness doing something stupid. I had to buy a molex crimper to fix it, which would have eventually been a requirement anyway.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

Thinking about trading up my WCS for a JP pro. Any opinions? Didn't mean to hijack the thread but I figured it's relevant[quoted image]

Someone is willing to trade a JP pro for WCS? If you pass can you send them my way? Haha

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

I'm like the only person in the world that does not like TSPP. JP!

Cody M agrees with you!

#55 4 years ago

TSPP is a fabulous game. The theme integration helps for sure but the game is deep, fast, challenging and more than anything else there are endless ways to approach it which gives him the highest replayability I know.

#56 4 years ago

I’d go for the JP Premium when compared to TSSP, but not the Pro.
And I own two TSSPs.

#57 4 years ago

I’d be curious to see how this poll would change if an updated vault tspp with lcd and assets came out vs jp. I feel like while jp is a great game, it gets the shiny new toy advantage automatically compared to older dmd games.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’d be curious to see how this poll would change if an updated vault tspp with lcd and assets came out vs jp. I feel like while jp is a great game, it gets the shiny new toy advantage automatically compared to older dmd games.

True, but a ColorDMD in one of the non-dots modes is kinda close. Only really works as a substitute due it it being a cartoon.

#59 4 years ago

I have no idea how much Stern would charge for a modern Simpsons. 5 flippers, mini playfield, tv, expensive license, etc. etc. Aside from the bling, it's beyond a premium.
Add in all that shiny stuff and the LCD addition and I would guess it would be priced in Batman SLE territory.

I have both games, and love both games. But if I had to pick one, I'd go with Simpsons. My wife would disagree.

Quoted from cjchand:

True, but a ColorDMD in one of the non-dots modes is kinda close. Only really works as a substitute due it it being a cartoon.

Quoted from konghusker:

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

I’ve only had my TSPP for a few months, but the only thing that I’ve had to replace was the VUK switch under the upper playfield. That’s pretty much a guarantee to go given how often it is hit.
Per the owner’s thread, it’s built like a tank - I’m inclined to believe it.

Don't doubt that. Just older games in general can be more work... But, then again some new games might be a lot of work too... Turns out I think I need to contact Stern and then take whole bunch of things apart on my brand new elvira... just to hit the ever important skill shot(don't know how that wasn't fully tested, before manufacturing. And that is why I actually hate. LE's being made first... Yeah, you're paying for a better package. But, the manufacturing process is still in its learning curve.

And some old games do turn out to be more reliable. Like my Sinbad. That thing is a tank as well.

So... I was just being more general about the situation. But, I guess... New or old. It's pinball. Crap is going to break, and you're going to need to tinker. That'ts the nature of the beast.

#61 4 years ago

100% agree. Full LED with OCD and Color DMD and can't imagine this one ever leaving the collection.

Quoted from RTS:

TSPP is one of the best coded games ever. It's all because of the great stackability.
There are so many ways to approach the game that you don't really need to suffer through a long game to be challenged and crank up the score. Stack the modes and finish them in a single ball (without draining or timing out the clock) and you'll blow up the score. Combine it with double scoring on shots and it's through the roof. This approach can only occur on a single ball. If you started several unfinished modes and drain, kiss this potentially high scoring approach goodbye.
But if you prefer depth that can also be had with several balls, TSPP still delivers beyond the TV modes. You will see modes that open up only when more accomplishments are achieved (Treehouse (crazy extra ball, Apu's Giveaway, Nuclear Disaster, Krusty spinner etc), Pretzel, Secret Stash, Alien Invasion). Heck, if you can wind the clock up to a full 60 seconds, it'll light an extra ball. So much code. It's the best of both worlds.
JP is good too, but TSPP set the standard for a non-repetitive deep home game. Sounds like the routed Simpson's you play is not a good example.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#62 4 years ago

tspp rocks! nowadays it would be a $8k game

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

tspp rocks! nowadays it would be a $8k game

Look in the Marketplace long enough and you’ll see someone trying to pass one off for $8k

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Look in the Marketplace long enough and you’ll see someone trying to pass one off for $8k

I'll sell you a routed TSPP for 8k

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I'll sell you a routed TSPP for 8k

Oh, it has ColorDMD? I’ll pay $9k!

#66 4 years ago

I'm shocked no one has said anything about flow vs stop and go yet.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I'm shocked no one has said anything about flow vs stop and go yet.

I often see TSPP being viewed as a stop and go game but I don't think it's accurate. Since the modes are stacked, there's a point where almost all the shots can help move a mode forward. I end up not stopping the ball much on that game.

#68 4 years ago

Both are incredible games. As a fan of objective based games I favor JP more as I feel that the modes themselves are more interesting. Simpsons seems to have far more of the "hit random switches" style modes versus modes that have the player working the entire playfield in unique ways. I feel that JP wins in that area.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

that's if stern made it new, of course!

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've only ever played the TSPP at MOM's in College Park MD, but the sound on that always really bothered me. The callouts and music are great, but that game (along with the Twilight Zone) always seemed to have poor sound. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, but it always sounded overly compressed like downloaded music in more compressed formats at lower bitrates sounded off of Napster back in the day.

It's a Whitestar game. That platform is from 1995 so the audio hardware leaves a bit to be desired.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Simpson’s is the game everyone regrets selling. Compared to the jp pro it’s a no brained getting Simpson’s. Now if you compare a premium jp it’s a toss up on theme preference imo

I don’t regret selling mine. Fun game not the best ever.

#72 4 years ago

JP pro looks so barren compared to TSPP. JP premium is better matchup.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

JP pro looks so barren compared to TSPP. JP premium is better matchup.

Completely agree, but the Premium JP puts it in a different price category, JP pro and TSPP are running roughly the same price and this would be temporary.

After all of this on the thread I'm leaning JP Pro but we will see what's available in a month or 2 when I finish my current projects (High Speed boots again!).

The way I see it, if TSPP averages 5200 and is in good condition, JP PRO wins out at $4800 or less. JP premium wins at $6200 or less (not going to happen in 2020).

Hoping for a Stern grand slam TNMNT as the next release to drive down prices on JPs as people move on to the next big thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-vs-jurassic-park/page/2?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.