Another fun and simple question, The Simpsons Pinball Party or Stern Jurassic Park Pro. Both cost the same in the market around now, both are amazingly fun, and both could be easily moved when my Rick and Morty is ready.
Positives for both:
• Amazing themes
• One of my kids is obsessed with dinosaurs and they both love the Simpsons, the pin is mostly for me but it would still look good in the basement.
• Deep rulesets on highly regarded machines
• 3+ flipper games
• I can’t help modding my machine with crappy little toys and both machines are perfect for this
Positives for Jurassic Park
• It’s new and the code is still developing
• The Data East Jurassic Park was my favorite machine for a long time, I loved the dinosaur eating the ball (but it’s not on the pro)
• Full motion video gets a point.
• The sound package in this is way better than the Simpsons
• Unique layout
• My middle kid would play this
Positives for the Simpsons
• I’ll never beat it
• My oldest kid will play this one more
• I’ll never learn everything there is to do on it.
• Playfield toys gets the point
• Playfield art gets the point
• Cabinet art gets the point
All in all both are amazing games I’d love to have. I’m not in the market for one just yet (I have about 2 months of pinball projects to finish first) but wanted to hear the crowd consensus on this one. Neither would not be forever pins and would probably only stay 6 months, but I really like both and have some extra pin money I’d rather have in pins that in cash. This would be in a lineup next to ST:TNG, an arcade, and replace either Whirlwind, High Speed, or Taxi.
After a disaster in our datacenter took down our server, we are now running Pinside on a brand new server. However, things may not work as expected as we are still polishing the playfield and adjusting some switches! We might be switching to maintenance mode a few times. Please see this forum topic for more info.