Topic poll

“Would you want to see a new Simpsons Table or a VE”

• Yes 34 votes
    40%
  • No 51 votes
    60%

(85 votes)

#1 5 years ago

With the Simpsons entering into its 30th season anyone speculating that we might see a new Simpsons VE or TSPP remake?? I know they made a decent amount the first time around, guess one can dream

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

With the Simpsons entering into its 30th season anyone speculating that we might see a new Simpsons VE or TSPP remake??

Yes, you are speculating on a Simpsons VE.

That's pretty much it though as far as I can tell.

One thing I'll say is people need to stop basing speculating on anniversaries. They are fleeting and mean absolutely nothing when it comes to pinball production. A simpsons VE is just as likely or unlikely on the 29th anniversary as it is on the 30th or 31st.

#3 5 years ago

Only you. Won;t happen, hope it doesn't even more.

#4 5 years ago

I'd love for a new run of TSPP but it makes no financial sense for Stern to do it. There are plenty available on the secondary market for $4k-5k, and a VE run would likely MSRP for at least 8k to stay in line with their current pricing and profit margin expectations. 0% chance of it happening and maybe a 1% chance of them doing a new Simpsons game since they do not carry the same pop culture cache as they did in 2003.

#5 5 years ago

Would you pay $7200+ for one NIB? How many folks would be in at that price?

#6 5 years ago

it would be nice if they could clean up the animations and sound. but with that said I think its extremely unlikely... about as likely as a transformers VE

#7 5 years ago

There are many other titles much more deserving of a Vault Edition from Stern.

#8 5 years ago

Big no for me .

#9 5 years ago

As it sits the question for the poll makes no sense. It’s not a yes or no question op asked. He asked which people would rather see...a new game based on simpsons or a ve and then he only supplied yes or no options...its an either or question not a yes or or no poll.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

As it sits the question for the poll makes no sense. It’s not a yes or no question op asked.

Speak for yourself, I didn't have a hard time answering no.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Speak for yourself, I didn't have a hard time answering no.

Read his question again.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Read his question again.

Makes total sense.

"Would you want to see a new Simpsons Table or a VE”

No.

Can you just read it like a non lawyer?

#13 5 years ago

Kinda reminds me of

"TWD Club: Only Walkers Not Welcome!!!"

uhhhh what?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

With the Simpsons entering into its 30th season anyone speculating that we might see a new Simpsons VE or TSPP remake?? I know they made a decent amount the first time around, guess one can dream

Renewing the rights may take some work. Also the voice rights are on there own as well.

#15 5 years ago

"Can I get you somthing...Would you like Pizza or a beer?"
"Yeah that would be great."
"Which one?"
"Wait, what the shit is happening?"

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Renewing the rights may take some work. Also the voice rights are on there own as well.

Plus it's probably racist now?

#16 5 years ago

I was having trouble in 2015 finding a MINT TSPP so at that years CES I asked Gary point blank if they would consider a TSPP VE and he said any machine could be made into a vault. I thanked him and walked away.

#17 5 years ago

I want a new machine. The Simpsons Tree house of Horror edition.

#18 5 years ago

I’d love to see a TSPP given the full colour changing led treatment, with different colours for each mode. I find it hard to keep track of everything in that game.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

I want a new machine. The Simpsons Tree house of Horror edition.

Same here....it would be great to see a tree house of horror pin.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'd love for a new run of TSPP but it makes no financial sense for Stern to do it. There are plenty available on the secondary market for $4k-5k, and a VE run would likely MSRP for at least 8k to stay in line with their current pricing and profit margin expectations. 0% chance of it happening and maybe a 1% chance of them doing a new Simpsons game since they do not carry the same pop culture cache as they did in 2003.

No there’s not. Zero on the market here and has been for some time. Those that do are well over 5.

eBay and refurbished sites list 7.5+

I would gladly pay that for a brand new, despite more than budget allows.

#21 5 years ago

Since this seems to be a wishful thinking thread I’ll wish for a Simpsons with WMS style flippers. Game is fantastic but the buzzing is annoying and makes the game feel cheaper than it should.

#22 5 years ago

No simpsons, please

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Same here....it would be great to see a tree house of horror pin.

that's an awesome idea, with there being so many tree house of horror episodes they could make a machine on just those, Stern, I hope you are watching (probably not but hey)

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

No there’s not. Zero on the market here and has been for some time. Those that do are well over 5.

If you are willing to spend $5k+ for one and $7k+ for a new you will find a TSPP.

PM owners in the area. Post a WTB ad. Your show is coming up in April, so get ready for a lot of folks coming in from out of town and local selling for something new. Good luck!

#25 5 years ago

Who wants the same damn game. I'd rather see something new on Simpsons front

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Agreed, I did find a MINT TSPP and loved it so a new version like TreeHouse of Horrors would be amazing and I am sure would sell better than a TSPP. VE

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Some folks might be afraid that a new Simpson’s pin would mean a lame playfield with characters on springs.

If that’s the case I’ll take a TSPP VE all day long.

#28 5 years ago

Whitestar is dead.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

People sell games in places other than pinside. It's really not that hard to find a routed TSPP for around $4k-$5k

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

People sell games in places other than pinside. It's really not that hard to find a routed TSPP for around $4k-$5k

All I’m saying is that people keep claiming this and I’m just not seeing it. I’ve been looking to add this to my collection. Both are anecdotal, just giving my counter argument against it is all.

If you got a lead for me or others, I’ll take it. Like mentioned above, I’m hitting local cons to see what I can find, but through online means, it’s been dry.

#31 5 years ago

I just searched the pinside classifieds archive. The first page of results for TSPP goes back to mid-June 2018. There are 20 that sold for $5k or less on that page alone.

#32 5 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (no thanks)

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I just searched the pinside classifieds archive. The first page of results for TSPP goes back to mid-June 2018. There are 20 that sold for $5k or less on that page alone.

I have noticed TSPP's price has been rising recently, but it's still firmly in that range for a routed games. I think most of the price increase is from people way overvaluing all the mods they dumped into the game (most of them are junk) and the general price increases on all games.

Go join a bunch of facebook groups, trawl the typical resell sites, and maybe go to an auction.

If you're looking for a mint or collectors quality example, yes it will be more expensive. Just like every other game under the sun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-ve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.