Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

036.JPG

#1 10 years ago

What is a better pin simpsons party pinball or star trex ng?

#2 10 years ago

Both great games and deep rules -tough call.play them both if you can then choose.

#3 10 years ago

Star trek ng is very nice game. good sound and very good work out.
simsons if you like humor. but olso good game. both very differend

#4 10 years ago

They are both great games, I'd buy the Simpsons because I like the theme better and it's a great family/friend game as well...

#5 10 years ago

I went and played the sttng and love it. I traded my simpsons that i have had for 2 1/2 years. for the sttng and $1000. my simpsons was a routed game. the sttng is very nice shape. I like it alot better than the simpsons. It has the exstenders on the out lanes might be taking them off to see.

#6 10 years ago

STTNG has great sound too, can't go wrong either way..

#7 10 years ago

what a game got it set up .

036.JPG

#8 10 years ago

dose any one have the laser mods that go on the cannons?

#9 10 years ago

I have the laser mods and they are cool,kind of high priced,but I like them,not to hard to install.You have to do little soldering.

#10 10 years ago

VERY VERY nice lineup! A local guy here has a GnR but it's completely beat to shit..

#11 10 years ago

Tatman9999 a Star Trek pin Needs Lasers,Phasers we will call them!

#12 10 years ago

I orered the phasers. my gnr is huo very nice.

#13 10 years ago

do you guys have the exsenders on the out lanes? mine has them. should i take them out? It has a shaker motor installed in it. what other mods are you using

i will have a huo monster bash wednsday.

#14 10 years ago

Do not have lane extenders or shaker motor,but I do have the Enterprise and updated Klingon ship mods.

#15 10 years ago

Is that the ships on pinballdecal.com

#17 10 years ago

has anyone put leds in there sttng pins?or add lights in the left rear (it is pretty dark back there).

#18 10 years ago

Put LEDS on the Klingon ship,I like the lighting otherwise.Quite a light show,sound package and DMD animations as well as game play.A little nudging helps with the outlanes,still perfecting that 1.A wonderful Pin my wife loves it too!

#19 10 years ago

tatman9999 I don't have the lane extenders - they are killing the game for me. It harder without them but thats the way Steve wanted the game to be!

#20 10 years ago

I will keep the exstenders on for now.It still drains with them on. I orered the 2 ships from pinballdecals. I orered leg protectors and the lasers from pinballlife.

#21 10 years ago

Hey Tatman, are you going to keep the plastic Romulan ship in the left hand corner.
I changed it over for a pewter one, which you can source from ebay.
Kept the old one just in case, but to me it just looks to damn cheap.

1 year later
#22 9 years ago

Hello everyone,

May I ask where you all purchased your lane extenders for the ST:TNG pin? I have been looking and have been unable to loacte them

Thanks!

#24 9 years ago

I've played both, and while STTNG is a great game. I think simpsons has longer staying power in a home enviroment.

#25 9 years ago

CREEPY... I just played the Simpsons and STTNG both for the first time this weekend. (I have been a "pinball wild sarari" here in the Omaha area). I am kinda surpised that my feelings for the two machines are a bit reversed. I enjoyed the Simpsons very much, but I felt it was less than family friendly because of the "Pottie Humor" and general bad manners. Fart bubbles for the match? (Sorry tomdotcom & NoVarcade, I must be prudish and I'll bet your kids are cooler than mine. On the other hand, I actually experienced spinal chills listening to the STTNG attraction mode music and speech. It was an uplifting machine with fantastic layout, audio, toys, and rule set. I did grow up with William Shatner as a TV hero... that probably explains my condition. If you asked the kids?... They would take SP for sure.

#26 9 years ago

Hello!

Thanks everyone! And, quite, thanks gweempose for the link! I have since ordered the extenders!

Thanks again!

#27 9 years ago

You are most welcome, Santeh! I have the extenders on mine. Some say it's cheating, but I have no problem with them. If it was only me playing the game, I would maybe consider going with the stock ball guides, but the fact of the matter is that other people often play my pins, and the extenders make the game much more accessible to them.

It's funny how this thread was resurrected after so long. I happen to think they are both awesome, albeit extremely different games. STTNG has a very straightforward ruleset and incredible flow. TSPP has the deepest ruleset in all of pinball, but is very stop-n-go.

#28 9 years ago

fart bubbles? Is that some adult setting or something? The match animation on my TSPP is disco stu getting smashed in the head with a disco ball. I'm not sure where you're seeing all this "potty humor" (maybe shots on moes tavern, which is no worse than the show) the worst innuendo is probably duff man.

#29 9 years ago

That is interesting gweempose as that is also one reason I went for the extenders as well. Namely Ilike to have other play my pins, such as when friends come over. However, even more importantly my wife will play some times and I want to make it as accessible for her as I can.

#30 9 years ago

OOPs... I was blending the fart bubbles in my memory from the South Park pin. I played about a dozen machines for the first time this weekend. Never mind... disregard.

#31 9 years ago

I believe FG has a fart multiball. Perhaps you were thinking of that?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Port, FL
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
£ 12.00
Boards
PinSound
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 79.00
Playfield - Other
Pixels Arcade Games
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Suamico, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside