Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MacGruber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Make it happen.

#2 1 year ago

I don't think it's going to happen. The game is too complex, mechanically speaking. The Stern of today likes to keep the mechanisms simple and the BOM low.

The most you can probably hope for is a brand new design for the license.

#3 1 year ago

No vaults are coming. I think the community forgot the intent of vaults. It's to keep the line running. I just paid my invoice for GDZ premium from November 29th does that sound like they need help to keep the line running?

#4 1 year ago

Had no idea that was why they made VE's. I figured maybe an overstock of certain parts that needed to be used or just the demand for it would be very profitable.

Pinball Party on a Spike 2 system, LED'd with upgraded speakers would be amazing and I think It would sell very well.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

Pinball Party on a Spike 2 system, LED'd with upgraded speakers would be amazing and I think It would sell very well.

It would probably be too much extra work to redo all the code, sounds, and graphics from scratch for another platform.

They might as well make a whole new game while they are at it.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

No vaults are coming. I think the community forgot the intent of vaults. It's to keep the line running. I just paid my invoice for GDZ premium from November 29th does that sound like they need help to keep the line running?

Correct. Vaults were designed to fill in gap, and make a quick run of profitable games.

Vaults were NEVER designed to fulfil the dreams and fantasies of pinsiders.

The good news is, just like LOTR (another oft clamored for vault), tons of these games are available HUO for around the same price point a new vault would go for.

So go get one!

(Ps- there is no such thing as “an overstock of parts.” Stern orders the parts they need to make games.)

#7 1 year ago

I just grabbed a TSPP Thursday. Damn thing looks like it just came out of the box! I kid you not.
    No need for a vault, and if they did a vault it would be EXPENSIVE

#8 1 year ago

I also believe that vaults ....at this moment...... have zero place in sterns business model. They probably have 3 to 4 new titles they can drop whenever they want, not counting current games in production that need to be re run, plus your paying teams of ppl to design art, mechs , codes and layouts, why would you not want to get that ROI. The assembly line is full and will remain full for years to come....no point to go backwards to make 500 games.......keep moving forward

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It would probably be too much extra work to redo all the code, sounds, and graphics from scratch for another platform.
    They might as well make a whole new game while they are at it.

I’m really curious about this. It DOES make sense for Stern to do a Spike II emulation of Spike I. LOTR is Whitestar right? Might be even less CPU overhead.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

(Ps- there is no such thing as “an overstock of parts.” Stern orders the parts they need to make games.)

Is that why they used the WWE "non existent overstock of LE parts" side rails on Guardians LE, lol?

Clearly it happens sometimes, to say there's no such thing is not entirely correct.

#11 1 year ago

Oh and there will be vaults coming, with all the stuff with the economy going in the crapper and the bad euro exchange rate, sales are going to slow down here just like everything else. That's when you'll see all of these come out like Tron and LOTR, anything that's priced high where Stern could make a buck. There's always a never:

they'll never remake MM
    they'll never remake AFM
    they'll never remake Iron Man
    they'll never remake Luci AC/DC's
    etc

Chances are, if there's a 'never' in front of it, it will happen because there's money to be made.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Oh and there will be vaults coming, with all the stuff with the economy going in the crapper and the bad euro exchange rate, sales are going to slow down here just like everything else. That's when you'll see all of these come out like Tron and LOTR, anything that's priced high where Stern could make a buck. There's always a never:
    they'll never remake MM
    they'll never remake AFM
    they'll never remake Iron Man
    they'll never remake Luci AC/DC's
    etc
    Chances are, if there's a 'never' in front of it, it will happen because there's money to be made.

The economy has already slowed down and it's only going to get worse. JJP already painted themselves into a corner with TS4 at $12,000 and you're already seeing the value plummet in the secondary market. The Stern market will follow.

#13 1 year ago

In 2024, we could get the 35th anniversary pin like Batman 66. I’m in.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

The economy has already slowed down and it's only going to get worse. JJP already painted themselves into a corner with TS4 at $12,000 and you're already seeing the value plummet in the secondary market. The Stern market will follow.

I mean anything is possible and never say never and all that but the problem with the last part of your statement is Stern is making some of the greatest games ever and JJP is making TS4.

#15 1 year ago

I would love an updated new simpsons pin with actual show assets! Maybe a treehouse of horror pin?

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I would love an updated new simpsons pin with actual show assets! Maybe a treehouse of horror pin?

A new Simpsons pin someday is a great probability it's just that would be a new game. The idea that Stern is going to take DMD games and put that into LCD and call that a vault is ridiculous. I hear that with LOTR and GB I'm comfortable saying never! A vault is changing the backbox to metal and things like changing a sandman or whiplash figure to 1 piece instead of 2 not spending truckloads of money in development for a 300 piece run before the next game release just forget it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-pinball-party-ve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.