Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Darkwing
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What pin should I buy?”

• The Simpsons Pinball Party 78 votes
      82%
    • Star Wars pro 17 votes
      18%

(95 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170812_222543 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0981 (resized).JPG
    Less-Than-Zero-cover-HQ (resized).jpg
    Resized952017081195130159 (resized).jpg

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Not sure what I should do here. I found TSPP moded out and is on my wish list or should i get in on the ground level of Star Wars pro and hope it becomes great!!
    I really only have room for 1 more pin, so whichever one i get might stay a long time.

#2 6 years ago

TSPP all the way. It's like nothing in your collection, and by the time Star Wars has had the dust settle, you can evaluate the code situation, build issues, and then decide if it's worth it. Your TSPP will probably still be worth as much as a used SW Pro, if not more, so your TSPP would pay for the SW and maybe some mods too.

#3 6 years ago

TSPP and it's not even close.

#4 6 years ago

Tspp only because it doesnt even remotely compare to the pro. If it were the premium it would be a little harder of a choice

#5 6 years ago

Tspp again not close.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from finnflash:

I really only have room for 1 more pin, so whichever one i get might stay a long time.

I have had my TSPP for over ten years.

It is the game I use to measure all other games.

#7 6 years ago

Even though I like star wars Simpson is better by a Longshot.

#8 6 years ago

is this a joke?

#9 6 years ago

I thought it was kinda funny. . .

#11 6 years ago

SW will be available for 2 more years. Buy and Play TSPP in the meantime and then decide

#12 6 years ago

I currently own both. Go with Simpsons.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

SW will be available for 2 more years. Buy and Play TSPP in the meantime and then decide

I agree with this. The only downside would be the increase in price that will surely come from Stern next year for SW if you decide to get one, of course TSPP's are a solid game that hold their value if not increase. One of the few downsides of TSPP is it seems like the hurry-up music is playing constantly because one of them is running, and that gets old.

#14 6 years ago

I haven't played SW pro yet but I own TSPP. I guarantee you that a good-condition fully functional TSPP will not disappoint.

#15 6 years ago

LOL! SW, unfinished code.....unknown quality issues, etc. TSPP, solid, deep, good classic. This one is easy

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

LOL! SW, unfinished code.....unknown quality issues, etc. TSPP, solid, deep, good classic. This one is easy

Right. SW.

(Can't stand the callouts on TSPP. Fun game for a while that gets annoying fast, IMO...)

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Right. SW.
    (Can't stand the callouts on TSPP. Fun game for a while that gets annoying fast, IMO...)

? Have another drink

#18 6 years ago

I got a very nice huo tspp earlier this year, and it's one of my most popular games with guests. It's got great code, great toys, a different layout with a different style gameplay than most. It's funny, has fun modes, and never runs out of things to do. The thought of a nib SW is nice, but man, the game doesn't compare to tspp. SW will always be available, so get a tspp now, and sell something down the road if you need a SW. It's a real gamble right now on a SW nib.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

? Have another drink

I don't drink. That's why it annoys me.

#20 6 years ago

Recommend TSPP - it has been my favorite pin since 2004.

I remember seeing them as the tournament game @ Pinball Expo 2003. Since I didn't care to enter, I had an option to play $1 games on non-tourney game - no thanks. I watched tourney players enjoying it, but the orange ramps looked a little "cheap" to someone who prefered the look of metal. The games had just started rolling off the line at Stern for a month, leaving most unfamiliar with the rules. Played my first game of TSPP in early 2014 and it quickly became my favorite game. I still suck (most jackpots reached is 3, equals 3 lit head inserts).

#21 6 years ago

Talk about a cash grab. This should be the #1 easy as cake project for Stern to win on all fronts. Run don't walk and get the license again. Update to spike 2 with a color display and all new graphics as needed. Get the developers to migrate the code and they will sell this out with a waiting list. Stern's best effort on every front.

#22 6 years ago

Thanks guys, looks like i am going to pick up The Simpsons tomorrow.

#23 6 years ago

Just get both, find room somehow.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from finnflash:

Not sure what I should do here. I found TSPP moded out and is on my wish list or should i get in on the ground level of Star Wars pro and hope it becomes great!!

Never buy new pins on "hope". I've been down that road and it's disappointing almost every time. TSPP is finished, classic, deep, fun, cohesive, awesome - you know what you're getting.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just get both, find room somehow.

Yes!

Resized952017081195130159 (resized).jpgResized952017081195130159 (resized).jpg

#26 6 years ago

Thats what I do when there is always one of these comparison posts.. I just buy both.. get it over with. Then no more thinking. Simple!

#27 6 years ago

have them sitting side by side also. only turned TSPP on 1 time in 2 months and TSPP has only been here a couple weeks longer then SW. i find TSPP boring and dont care for how it plays which is slow and old feeling compared to SW.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

have them sitting side by side also. only turned TSPP on 1 time in 2 months and TSPP has only been here a couple weeks longer then SW. i find TSPP boring and dont care for how it plays which is slow and old feeling compared to SW.

I've had mine since 2003. Admittedly, it doesn't get played much, but to me it is everything that is right with pinball. It's a work of art in every respect.

#29 6 years ago

My vote is TSPP but do not pay SW prices

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I've had mine since 2003. Admittedly, it doesn't get played much, but to me it is everything that is right with pinball. It's a work of art in every respect.

i dont like the way it plays when compared to SW or any faster pin. the stop and go batters up gameplay i just dont like and I'm not a fan of the theme much.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

i dont like the way it plays when compared to SW or any faster pin. the stop and go batters up gameplay i just dont like and I'm not a fan of the theme much.

Yeah, I can see that. For me, it's a dream them as I'm a huge Simpsons fan. You can speed the game up by pressing both flippers at the same time to release balls and skip animations.

#32 6 years ago

I don't have a Simpsons (but played it a lot) and I have a SW Prem on order but I would 100% go Simpsons.

#33 6 years ago

Simpson's as it actually has toys / features that interact with the ball...Star Wars Pro has 0

#34 6 years ago

Tspp....

#35 6 years ago

If you can get TSPP for a decent price, I'd snag that. Great game although it could be a little clunky at times and doesn't have the speed/flow of SW. It is a deep pin and it's works well in a home environment. Looking at your collection, it would balance out your collection well.

You've got a few years to see if SW pans out with each code release and the game should still be available for awhile. It's the approach that I'm taking with this particular pin. Unless a Stern pin (like Aerosmith or Metallica) is decent out of the box, I'd wait things out. SW looks cool but something didn't click right away for me when I had a chance to play it. Maybe future codes will change that. Time will tell...but I don't want to spend my hard earned money waiting to see that happen.

#36 6 years ago

Honestly, I didn't realize that they made a movie in 1987 predicting the number of toys in Star Wars pinball.

Less-Than-Zero-cover-HQ (resized).jpgLess-Than-Zero-cover-HQ (resized).jpg

#37 6 years ago

You would have to say Star Wars Premium. TSPP is a good game but it does get old. Just seems a little dated. Fun game in a large collection I would think it has its place but in a 10 piece collection or more. Under 10 there are a lot better games to choose from one of them being Star Wars Premium or LE.

Just my opinion everyone is different.
    Yes I know it costs more.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

yeah I could never own that thing...cannot stand the noise.
    Logically the answer is TSPP but not for me.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

yeah I could never own that thing...cannot stand the noise.
    Logically the answer is TSPP but not for me.

Boooooo!

Oh, I'm not booing.
    I'm saying Booo-urns...Booo-urns.

#41 6 years ago

I'm just going to put this right here...

IMG_0981 (resized).JPGIMG_0981 (resized).JPG

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

Ya it's too unique of a layout. Better stick to the cookie cutter shots.

The code is way too fun on tspp and there is just too many fun things too shoot for. Not to mention the wizard modes it's like they actually took time to make a well thought out game. Pisses me off

#43 6 years ago

TSPP. The only game I've ever sold that I regret. Every day. Doh!

#44 6 years ago

Get TSPP and enjoy it.
    You can get a SW later as they will be in production for years.

#45 6 years ago

It still had the goodie bag stapled on the inside. Total plays said 185, but i assume that goes back to 0 when adding new code. And how do I know if i have the newest code?

20170812_222543 (resized).jpg20170812_222543 (resized).jpg

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from finnflash:

It still had the goodie bag stapled on the inside. Total plays said 185, but i assume that goes back to 0 when adding new code. And how do I know if i have the newest code?

5.0. watch screen on boot up. If you don't see it, change setting in adjustment to slow boot. Or, look on the chip, it might have a sticker.

#47 6 years ago

Turn the game on and when it's starting up it should say the code number. If not go into settings and change the startup settings to slow. That should display the code number. I don't know off the top of my head but you can lookup the newest code for the game online

#48 6 years ago

Haven't played SW yet but TSPP just has to be better. Just look at all there is to do in TSPP. Superb sounds, amazing rules, interesting playfield. Tons of shots and toys. One of the best games ever.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from finnflash:

That looks like a nice condition Simpsons with color dmd! Just curious how much it cost? You don't have to say if you don't want but I miss mine and would love to buy one in that condition.

Have fun! There is alot to do in that game. If you can't figure it out, there are some awesome rules sheets online that helped me out. I can find the link for the rule sheets if you want

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from finnflash:

Welcome to the club. Beautiful machine. I think you made the right choice and will be very happy.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-pinball-party-or-star-wars?hl=hankscorpio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.