Topic poll

“Which game would you rather own”

• Simpsons party 89 votes
    72%
  • Family guy 35 votes
    28%

(124 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SIMPFAM.jpg
IMG_20130207_183730.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hi all just wondering what other about these two games? And which game they would
Rather play or own.
Cheers boastaflow

#2 4 years ago

Ops I went what others think of these to games.......

#3 4 years ago

Both are fun/funny games. Family guy has better call outs, but TSPP wins for some of the most in depth rules in pinball.

#4 4 years ago

TSPP is very deep, but Fgy is no slouch in the rules dept. great all around ruleset for tons of entertainment. I prefer the theme, call outs, music, layout and overall package of fgy. Granted I only have limited play on TSPP.

#5 4 years ago

family guy playfield layout is lame. Overused design.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

Family Guy playfield layout is lame. Overused design.

That's was first impression. I'm yet to play fgy. Have spent Abit of time on Tapp and have really grower to like the game. Which brings me the fgy cause when South park came out some some years back now I loved the play of it so I'm guessing I'd like fgy. The only the was to me it looks like an reversed tspp that's been rushed onto the market.....

#7 4 years ago

Both TSPP and FGY are fun games and you'll enjoy owning either one. Having said that, TSPP is a better game overall. Much deeper rules, great play field layout, great sound and animations etc.

FGY is a fun game but I don't enjoy it as much as Simpsons. However, the miniature Stewie pinball machine is one of the best playfield toys ever!

#8 4 years ago

Had a FG and sold it. Still have tspp.
FG just got boring and repetitive. It's so much fun at first but after a month, it was the same game over and over. The mini playfield novelty gets old and the strategy is always the same.
Id go woth with tspp.

#9 4 years ago

Do what I did, get em both

#10 4 years ago

Ever play Shrek? Cause that's Family guy.
I guess having a copy of a game makes me a little bias towards it
I vote Simpsons

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

FG just got boring and repetitive. It's so much fun at first but after a month, it was the same game over and over. The mini playfield novelty gets old and the strategy is always the same.
Id go woth with tspp.

Yep, exactly the same here. Family Guy is gone, Simpsons is staying. I'd own another family guy if a good deal came, but its not a must have.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

Family Guy playfield layout is lame. Overused design.

huh!?! what game was FG copied from? It's a totally unique layout.

#13 4 years ago

Family Guy is my favorite game. It's the complete package with great sounds, lights, art, rules, layout, and the best theme ever made. I've owned both for almost 8 years.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

huh!?! what game was FG copied from? It's a totally unique layout.

Not that FG copied another game, it was copied when they made Shrek.
Same playfield just greener and Shrek themed

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Id go woth with tspp.

My exact feelings as well. I sold my FG. I have owned TSPP for 7 years so far and still enjoy it because of the different challenges rules-wise to approach each game.

The mini playfield on FG was one of the problems with home ownership to me. It started feeling more like a necessary chore than a challenge after awhile.

FG is not a bad game, but TSPP is substantially better.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Do what I did, get em both

I agree

The real questions is which one to get first, because you need both.

The answer... Whichever one pops up first.

As far as FGY mini PF gripes. Limit the time to make it a treat instead of a chore. Set mini PF to "easy" so less shots are required. This means you get the same done in far less time when shooting clean & the risks are higher as time is limited thus making shots more satisfying. Open the lanes, crank up the legs, rebuild the flippers, install white rubber, new balls & wax the PF... The game will be so fast it will almost catch on fire. Can't get that kind of speed out of TSPP

TSPP has so many stratifies & ever changing paths to explore which can't be said for FGY

I'd get TSPP first tho

#17 4 years ago

While I like FG a lot, TSPP's layout and rules are the winner (and I have owned both)

#18 4 years ago

Im love the replys seems most people have the same issue with fgy. Simpons seems to be way out in front. ...

#19 4 years ago

On route- every time its family guy

Home environment- i think TSPP wins

#20 4 years ago

All this chatter about tsppp is turning me away from fgy I think...

#21 4 years ago

I bought Family Guy because I already had a Simpsons Data East in the line up and I'm a bigger fan of Family Guy on TV now. I'd like to own a TSPP one day.

As Pinballwizard79 said, whichever pops up first. For me, finding a FG was harder as it was rumoured that there were only around 20 Australian delivered machines in the country.

Try and play both and then see how you feel.

Cheers!
Adam.

#22 4 years ago

They compliment each other quite nicely. Both are like nothing else out there. The criticism that FGY is too easy, well there's a ton of posts on how to make the game challenging and still fun - turn off the ball save post, set stewie's pinball to time out, open up the outlanes, and get the lois spinner nice and fast. And there is incentive to not time out the TV modes (well, except for chicken fight - not worth the risk to play it out). Besides, where else can you stack ipecac and fart multiball.

IMG_20130207_183730.jpg
#23 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I agree
The real questions is which one to get first, because you need both.
The answer... Whichever one pops up first.
As far as FGY mini PF gripes. Limit the time to make it a treat instead of a chore. Set mini PF to "easy" so less shots are required. This means you get the same done in far less time when shooting clean & the risks are higher as time is limited thus making shots more satisfying. Open the lanes, crank up the legs, rebuild the flippers, install white rubber, new balls & wax the PF... The game will be so fast it will almost catch on fire. Can't get that kind of speed out of TSPP
TSPP has so many stratifies & ever changing paths to explore which can't be said for FGY
I'd get TSPP first tho

Agreed!!!....I got my FG first and loved it. The game is fun AND deep, with hilarious callouts, great flow..mini pf rocks.....after having this title awhile I found a pristine TSPP to go along side.....amazing as well....many many shots, and flow is completely different."...much more stop and go...alot to hit, where FG blazes on occasion .I always have longer Gametimes on TSPP, but more " fun" on FG.

If there is one dynamic duo out there, this is it!!!......mark

#24 4 years ago

Buy both I did.

#25 4 years ago

I thought TSPP was better than FG. I have a few reasons. One is I enjoy the Simpsons theme a lot more. The TSPP layout is more interesting and I'm not a fan of the FG mini- playfield.

#26 4 years ago

Buy TSPP 1st, it's the better pin. Then buy a FG cause it's a close 2nd!

#27 4 years ago

I have them side by side. I like them both, but if I had to choose one to go to a desert island with me it'd be TSPP.

#28 4 years ago

Both awesome!!!! Couldn't split them apart!!!

#29 4 years ago

Both are great. Buy the one you like most or whichever you can find local.

#30 4 years ago

Just do what I did and get both! And I am also getting a South Park, so Ill have the trifecta soon.

#32 4 years ago

I have both and I love both so it's hard to say. I guess I'd let go of FGY first if I had to get rid of one.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

Just do what I did and get both! And I am also getting a South Park, so Ill have the trifecta soon.

Im with you bro....south park was my first love in the pinball world. I hope to have one one day to along with tspp and fg. Its a dream ,but dreams can happen.

#34 4 years ago

I ended up with both and plan on keeping them. I like the show South Park, but do not care for the pinball.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

I ended up with both and plan on keeping them. I like the show South Park, but do not care for the pinball.

Have you played south park be for?

#36 4 years ago

Not a fan of TSPP at all...so FGY for me.

#37 4 years ago

TSPP / end thread. As of now the voting is 71% The Simpsons.. I'm surprised it's not at least 80%. Don't get me wrong I dig Family Guy, but between the two of them The Simpsons Pinball Party is better on various different levels.

SIMPFAM.jpg

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from boastaflow:

Have you played South Park be for?

Yes many times.

4 months later
#39 4 years ago

I picked Simpson, but I have both.

#41 4 years ago

Traded my TSPP for a FG 3 years ago- no regrets! Had 2 TSPP come and go FG still here. Best call outs in all of pinball. Great game with plenty of depth for all players..

#42 4 years ago

FGY has the single best toy in pinball in my view. I love the mini pinball machine. That said, I'd get TSPP over FGY all things equal.

#43 4 years ago

Owned FGY put a fair amount of time on simpsons. FGY is fun, but just too overpriced anymore. Probably would go simpsons on this.

If price wasn't an issue? FGY just because it is more fun for parties.

4 months later
#44 4 years ago

Nice to hear everyone's opinion not this thread...cheers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside