(Topic ID: 6560)

simpsons likely getting cancelled, pinball price go up?

By toyotaboy

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

So since the voice actors are greedy and can't agree to take a 40% pay cut, it sounds like this will be the last season. Do you think the pin will suddenly be even more collectible? There are some die-hard simpsons fans that have nothing to do with pinball, but would probably want one anyway.

I know I made my first pin space shuttle, knowing there are a lot of NASA fans that will want one. My wife ordered patches from all the missing missions she didn't have yet, and the first week after the last mission, the store was on backorder for weeks.

#2 9 years ago

They just signed a new 2 year contract.

#3 9 years ago

I heard Fox and the voice actors came to some sort of agreement and the Simpsons will live for another 2 years at least. Not sure of the impact on TSPP prices.

#4 9 years ago

When it does, look for it to get the same spike "24" did when it got canceled. Oh, wait...

#5 9 years ago

You can still find them around, usually sub $3500 in "ex-cellent" condition, so I am not worried yet.
Good to hear they came to an agreement.
Now, Futurama me Gary...

#6 9 years ago

I quit watching Simpson's a long time ago, there are way better series today. I cant understand why there isn't a Futurama game out there, the theme is like made for pinball, almost impossible to fuck that up.

"Eww, it's like a party in my mouth, and everyone's throwing up"

#7 9 years ago

One sold at the York show yesterday. Asking price was $3400

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

When it does, look for it to get the same spike "24" did when it got canceled. Oh, wait...

LMAO!!!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

same spike "24" did when it got canceled. Oh, wait...

The two are not even in the same league. (Still funny though) I'm talking shows. I've only played Simpsons Pinball Party. I have no idea how 24 plays.

Post edited by dnhayden : after thoughts

#10 9 years ago

The show has been around so long I do not think it will change the pin price.

#11 9 years ago

The show still going on is likely hurting the price...

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

The show still going on is likely hurting the price...

Yes, just look at the Data East Simpsons pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside