Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by goatdan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Just wondering thoughts about these for home use? Would they fit in a theme ok with my pins and arcades?

Was up in Sydney (Australia) over the weekend and was taken to a Galaxy World i think it's called. They had a Simpsons Kooky Carnival redemption game. Really liked it. Spat out tickets that you then exchange for a shitty plush toy.

How would these go at home if i can source one? Could you change the tickets to something else at all?

What do you recon guys?

#2 12 years ago

Well Couple of ways.. Look for a Arcade distributorship and see if they can source one.. 2 Look for one on location, that might but want to sell it. I would try and source one for you but Shipping it would kill and not sure it would work when it got there due to the USA power protection Stern puts on the games.

If you have any questions about any Redemption games feel free to PM, thats my background

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Well Couple of ways.. Look for a Arcade distributorship and see if they can source one.. 2 Look for one on location, that might but want to sell it. I would try and source one for you but Shipping it would kill and not sure it would work when it got there due to the USA power protection Stern puts on the games.
    If you have any questions about any Redemption games feel free to PM, thats my background

Thanks for the offer and info Gexchange, I would be interested in at least knowing a price if you stumble on one, but don't go outta your way.

Interesting that there are no other reply's. I will guess that these things are not 'pride" of place in a gamesroom. Still, looks like it could be fun.

#4 12 years ago

I am interested in a price as well. For learning purposes...like jardine said, "...don't go outta your way" though...especially on my account! Just curious as well!

#5 12 years ago

New they were 4695.. Used I would guess 1500-2800 depending on condition and such.

#6 12 years ago

I've got a WMS ticket tac toe (WPC-95) and Addams Family Values (WPC with DCS sound) in my gameroom, stuck in spots where nothing else will fit.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from jardine:

Just wondering thoughts about these for home use? Would they fit in a theme ok with my pins and arcades?
    Was up in Sydney (Australia) over the weekend and was taken to a Galaxy World i think it's called. They had a Simpsons Kooky Carnival redemption game. Really liked it. Spat out tickets that you then exchange for a shitty plush toy.
    How would these go at home if i can source one? Could you change the tickets to something else at all?
    What do you recon guys?

It was designed by Dennis Nordman in case anyone cares.....

#8 12 years ago

Adams Family Values we normally part out for the boards

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

New they were 4695.. Used I would guess 1500-2800 depending on condition and such.

Depends. Certain stupid ticket spitters can be worth stupid money even on the secondary market. It's a whole different world...

Oh, and for the record, I'm not saying this is a stupid ticket spitter. I mean games like Colorama, where the thing spins and the ball stops and it spits tickets. It looks like you could make it for about $500-$1000 in parts, and I think when I looked one up for an arcade that I was working at the lowest price we could find was $5,000, and the game was already like 10 years old. Oddly, other titles (Dino-Score comes to mind) you can't get $25 working for on the secondary market, although that made almost as good coin as Colorama did.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Gexchange said:New they were 4695.. Used I would guess 1500-2800 depending on condition and such.

Depends. Certain stupid ticket spitters can be worth stupid money even on the secondary market. It's a whole different world...
    Oh, and for the record, I'm not saying this is a stupid ticket spitter. I mean games like Colorama, where the thing spins and the ball stops and it spits tickets. It looks like you could make it for about $500-$1000 in parts, and I think when I looked one up for an arcade that I was working at the lowest price we could find was $5,000, and the game was already like 10 years old. Oddly, other titles (Dino-Score comes to mind) you can't get $25 working for on the secondary market, although that made almost as good coin as Colorama did.

Dinoscore is worth a bit more then that.. but yes. I'm well aware of how ticket redemption games get priced.. its mostly on earning potential and history of that type of game. Redemption arcades are my back ground.. I have 26 years of running, designing and operating Arcades.

#11 12 years ago

Okay, just making sure -- I also worked in that industry for a long time, and I know a lot of people who were like, "Man, I love (insert ticket spitter here). I can probably get one cheap, hey?" and sometimes it was like, "Whoa, yup. Wow, why is that game only worth $50?" and other times it was the opposite -- Colorama being the one that always comes to mind for me.

We've had a couple auctions where Dino-Whores (as we used to call them) around here have gone for $25 or less with easily fixable issues. That game for five years was the top earner at one of the locations that I worked at, and then it tanked hard. Stupid Big Haul was the number one earner that we had there, and that thing brought in absolutely stupid money each week.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-kooky-carnival-ticket-redemption?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.