(Topic ID: 126410)

Simpsons data east looking for some help

By Wonbadmfer

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I just bought this game and I'm looking for some help with some play field resto ?'s
It has a lot of Mylar and looks like the inserts are lifting on the Simpson family in the middle of the field has anyone fixed this or tried to

#2 8 years ago

I am in the middle of restoring a DE Simpsons.
Had the same raised inserts on the couch and also the 2x, 3,x 4x, 5x and 6x and a few others.

Pulled the mylar with freezing, came off ok.
I had a fair bit of damage on the lower half of Bart and Moes bar in the top shooter lane so I decided to do a full resto, big job!, lucky I have PF pics and an artist mate!

If the rest of it is OK I suggest you get a 12inch clamp and a block of wood and clamp the inserts down and add some 2 part epoxy to the back of the inserts to hold them in place.
Rough up the insert lip and the wood to get the epoxy to bite, use a screw or a nail or something small and sharp pointed.

The inserts lift mostly due to heat from the lamps underneath so I change all insert lamps to LED's for this reason, plus they look way better.

Deal with the mylar as needed, pop and heat, inject and clamp, etc.

Most of the repair stuff I learnt from VIDS thread.

Good Luck and let me know how it turns out if you can be bothered.

Cheers,
Matt.

#3 8 years ago

I will I'll send some pic in a day or two and I'll keep you updated while I go through it thanx for the response

Eric

#4 8 years ago

Mine has very minor lifting, to the point it's only noticeable on the 2x, and since that's not really going to affect any shots, I let it be. What was more concerning for me was the wear where there wasn't mylar (drop locations for yellow/green wireforms, Moe's Tavern, Waterfall, and kickout/VUK holes).

Hopefully your machine is clean in those areas because color matching and touching those up was a T.A.S.K!

#5 8 years ago

On my game someone used packing tape in some spots as Mylar. Not good

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-data-east-looking-for-some-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.