Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Rock914
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

My Simpsons game started having light problems, some of the play field lights, quit working, sling shot left side went out then more on the left side, now the upper bonus multiplier lights. I checked fuses all ok. I checked the right sling shot 5.5v. any ideas?

#2 11 years ago

Check your connectors in the back box, this is often times the problem. Use caution putting back in not to push the pins through the circuit board. Hope this helps.

#3 11 years ago

My DE Simpsons had issues with connections on the boards which caused boot, reset, and occasional failures of play field mechanics.

I re-flowed the solder joints on several connectors, and haven't had an issue since....

#4 11 years ago

Thanks for your support I will try your sugestions. I will let you know????

#5 11 years ago

OK I tried all the connectors no luck? New symptoms found one of the lights in the speaker back box was out, thought it was just a lamp replaced it, when it came on it went very bright then blew, tried this a couple if times with 44's and 1847 lamps. Strange while looking under play field noticed the one bulb under Barts head was very bright compared to the others a 555, tried replacing it now it just blows. All the other lamps in these sections are working correctly, as in the speaker box area. I tried to measure voltage but these lamps flicker like they should so the voltage goes up and down. I'm not an electrical guy! Help? Also as I said before the left sling shot lights are out, but the right one has one bulb that looks right the other is dim?? These look like they are all daisy chained together, why no voltage at the other lamps? Both the lamps on the right sling shot measure 5.5V I hate electrical problems.....

#6 11 years ago

Wow good luck and don't burn/melt your inserts. If you have a higher voltage going to your lights than normal unscrew your lights a little under the PF to get them lower until you have solved the problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-data-east-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.