New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 60396)

Simpsons Characters Shooter Rod Mods.

By mikeincali

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 68 days ago by icanswim70
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20140703_194722.jpg
DSCN3488.JPG
20140703_194711.jpg
DSCN3487.JPG
DSCN3486.JPG
Untitled.jpg
DSCN2959.JPG
DSCN2957.JPG
DSCN2958.JPG
123662-i (1).jpg
PART_1387641160730.jpeg
123662-i (1).jpg
PART_1387641160730.jpeg
2013-10-31 15.03.17.jpg
2013-10-31 15.03.38.jpg
2013-10-31 15.02.50.jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I have just finished two of each of the Mr. Burns, Smithers, and Apu Custom Shooter Rod Mods. They look very cool on both Simpsons Pins. Asking 50.00 each shipped in the US.

burn_apu_smithers_001.jpg burn_apu_smithers_002.jpg burn_apu_smithers_003.jpg Grandpa_Simpson_on_Machine_close_up.jpg

#2 7 years ago

Like the Apu shooter rod.

#3 7 years ago

looks good mate, keep up the good work!!!!!

#5 7 years ago

Any other types mate? Shoot me a pm thanks

#9 7 years ago

Any chance you take requests? I'm interested but unfortunately not in the ones you have on offer. If you have others can you send me a pm as well.

Cheers

#12 7 years ago

GLWS - Cheers

#13 7 years ago

You're not rude. Just ignorant. I hope you do try making them yourself if you think it's so easy.

#15 7 years ago

I bought 2 of these from the OP because I don't feel like sourcing the parts, playing with epoxy, painting & etc.

Always seems like my first attempt of any project is imperfect anyways & I don't want to deal with it.

Sure the OP made some money off me. I hope he spends it on hamburgers & LED's

#16 7 years ago

Let me tell you how rich I'm getting by making these mods. Here is a basic price breakdown
1. Rod 5.00 each plus shipping
2. Epoxy 7.00 per tube which makes about two items.
3. Between 10.00 and 30.00 per head plus shipping depending on specific item.
4. Shipping the item is between 6.00 and 10.00 per item.
5. Not including travel time to get supplies and labor.
Total cost per item including shipping is between 28.00 and 45.00.
So as you can see, I make a whopping profit of 5.00 to 15.00 per mod.
Almost enough to retire on an island in the pacific. I do this because I enjoy making them, and love to hear positive feedbacks from customers when they like them, and to see how cool they look when they're installed.
I don't know why I even responded to negative people, but I guess you can't please everyone.
Thanks again for all the kind words I've received.

#17 7 years ago

I bought a Mr Burns from the OP a while ago.
Nice item, we'll packed and arrived quick.
Good to see you're still at it

#19 7 years ago

I think I would be a little upset too if I was selling something and you came in and go and give step by step instructions on how to do it, probably taking away sales. It just seems like something you keep to yourself. Not that it wasn't helpful, I just think this is the wrong place to give a tutorial.

#20 7 years ago

What type of epoxy is recommended? Im working on a custom shooter for my Addams family....

#22 7 years ago

Nothing better then some joker posting multiple criticisms of my items, then saying he should keep his nose out of this thread. He reminds me of that tool on RGP (everyone knows who I'm talking about) who lives to start trouble. Always one in the crowd.
And BTW, I also fabricate my own custom resin shooter rods. Good luck making those.

#23 7 years ago

I'm sure your intentions were good. I was jus saying I see the OPs point too. I've never noticed any trouble making from you before so I didn't assume that.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

multiple criticisms of my items

I did not post multiple criticisms, only posted information about making one. Which some people found useful. I admit that I should not have posted a tutorial and even if I had good intentions to help pinheads and had no intention to upset you, it was still a mistake. I do not try to cause trouble, and I do my best to help and respect everyone on pinside.

3 weeks later
#26 7 years ago

Love the Apus! Very nice work, sir.

1 week later
1 week later
#29 7 years ago

Mike!!! i just got my South Park shooter mod today! worth every penny! keep up the amazing work man!!!

#31 7 years ago

This made my day!

securedownload-1.jpeg
1 week later
#34 7 years ago

Awesome!!!! Looking to buy a TSPP in the near future. I know now what my first MOD will be!!! Please send me a pm with your web site or other contact information so I can get ahold of you in the near future. Thanks... and keep up the good work! As for me, making money off what you love...Priceless!

#37 6 years ago

2013-10-31 15.03.38.jpg2013-10-31 15.03.17.jpg2013-10-31 15.02.50.jpg

#38 6 years ago

Are these heads completely filled with something to make them feel solid or are they empty and have a hollow plastic feel?

thx - look nice btw

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Are these heads completely filled with something to make them feel solid or are they empty and have a hollow plastic feel?
thx - look nice btw

They are filled with epoxy making them feel like very solid and secure like a rock.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

They are filled with epoxy making them feel like very solid and secure like a rock.

Not quite true---My Grandpa Simpson head is hollow, with no more than a tablespoon of epoxy drizzled into it. Maybe he has since started to fill them up all the way.
I should be honest and say I had hoped to receive a handmade, hand-painted, resin work of art like my 'Homer in Donut' shooter...
I blame myself for not asking more questions before purchase.
I have plans to squirt more epoxy into it soon, filling it up.

It does look pretty good, though---no doubt. I congratulate him for his creativity.
And even though it's not exactly what I was hoping for initially, I have to admit I'm pretty happy with it.

#42 6 years ago

I'm sure Mike will address this .

#43 6 years ago

Do you have any Bart or Homer heads available?

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from MeMo21687:

Do you have any Bart or Homer heads available?

PM Sent.

1 week later
#45 6 years ago

Have a few Homer, APU, and Smithers Shooter Rods available.

1 week later
#47 6 years ago

PM sent

1 week later
#48 6 years ago

Homer and Nuclear Power Plant Homer available.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

Homer and Nuclear Power Plant Homer available.

pics?

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside