6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Crispin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Curious.I've had 3 of mine for 20 years and 1 for 16.Sometimes it's hard to let go .

#2 6 years ago

Had my first machine, CFTBL, for about six years before selling it. Thought I'd miss it horribly...but didn't. Following this discovery, I now shuffle things in and out fairly regularly, although both WCS and WWFRR have circled back into the collection...

#3 6 years ago

I've had Wizard ($500), Capt. Fantastic($300), Flash($100) and Twin win($50) for right at 30 years. Those prices will never be seen again. To be fair, Twin Win was sold then given back to me.

#4 6 years ago

My first pin, Indiana Jones, is still with me. (2002).

My first vid (Killer Instinct) is also still with me. (It started me in this hobby in 1999).

Pete

#5 6 years ago

About 20 years.

#6 6 years ago

Still have my first pin, Congo. But it's only been about 3 1/2 years.

#7 6 years ago

CFTBL approx 8 years. It would have been gone long ago but my wife says it belongs to her so it stays.

#8 6 years ago

I've owned a Gottlieb Solar City since Aug 1982, that would be almost 31 years.

#9 6 years ago

Bought my first pin (Simpsons) in 1997 for $600. Still love it.

#10 6 years ago

I had my first pin in 1982. I still have it. Gottleib flying carpet. 31 years

#11 6 years ago

TZ in 2001 still enjoy it.

#12 6 years ago

10 years with EATPM. She is not going anywhere.

#13 6 years ago

DAd bought me a 1949 Gottlieb Buccaneer in 1957. I was 5. Still have it. it started all this craziness. mike pacak

#14 6 years ago

about 20 years. TZ Want to trade for an AFM anyone?

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Curious.I've had 3 of mine for 20 years and 1 for 16.Sometimes it's hard to let go .

August of 1990 Williams Pinbot. Still have it. In fact this is the first pinball purchase.

#16 6 years ago

I think that many of us buy and sell pins so that we can play them in a quiet atmosphere in good condition at home. After a while we decide which pins suit our tastes, those we keep. There are many factors to choose from such as dmd/ramp pins that require breaks in game flow, pins that don't have ramps but with Altek lamp boards accept leds, older pins with very unique real backglasses not all being based on some commercial theme, exciting audio all the way to bells and/or chime bars. Lots to choose from, that's what makes this hobby so interesting. John

#17 6 years ago

I will bring up the other extreme. I have Pinball ADHD and the longest I have kept a machine is 4 months.

#18 6 years ago

Twin Win has been in our family since the early 80s. It was in my uncle's basement, then in the early 90s was taken to my family's garage where it stayed until about last month when it moved to one of my gamerooms. I never would have purposely hunted it down as EMs are a bit slow for my taste, but it has family history, is more fun than I originally gave it credit for, and I love the backglass.

#20 6 years ago

Lord of the Rings, about 10 years got it in Dec of 2003.

#21 6 years ago

Bought a Ice Revue in 1974. Whoah what does that add up to ?

#22 6 years ago

My first pin was a Fireball my parents got me around 1979 as a gift. I had it for over 20 years. I've had my Pinbot for 6 years.

#23 6 years ago

Bought Flash almost 25 years ago. Still have it, won't ever sell it. Most all my games I have owned for 15 plus years. I get attached...

#24 6 years ago

TSPP since Dec. 2011.

#25 6 years ago

My 1954 Stage Coach...for 32 years now since '81.

#26 6 years ago

Have a Bally Playboy that was given to me as "Payment In Kind" for repairing other pins since 1982 so 31 years.

#27 6 years ago

Tz, I believe it's been 8 years now. One of the first games I bought.

#28 6 years ago

NIB Stern Magic. 32 Years.

#29 6 years ago

BK, 23 years. Looking forward to getting it to my new house with an actual pinball workshop so I can get it going again.

#30 6 years ago

Had F-14 for 12 years and LOTR for over 8 but both are gone now.

The two oldest pins in my current lineup are just over a year old.

#31 6 years ago

Dad bought me a World Fair for Christmas in 1966. I still got it. 46 years and counting. Never has broken yet. Unbelievable.

#32 6 years ago

I had white water for like 8 months. Once i beat the pin 3 or 4 time i move it. I move them monthly it seems.

#33 6 years ago

I've never sold a pin that I own! They are too hard to come by. Once you find them it's hard to get rid of em. Maybe if I run out of room I would sell one but I would rather just add on another room for them.

#34 6 years ago

Road kings. Bought it 16 years ago .
    I still have that exact game I bought and it will never leave. Even upgraded the backbox speakers to a dual 4 inch set wired in series. Sounds amazing.
    After that I bought Whirlwind and still have it too and the avalanche started.
    Long live pinball!
    My only regret is not buying machines sooner!

#35 6 years ago

T2 first pin bought in 1999, still got it

#36 6 years ago

Sorcerer bought for $175 in 1997. Still have it and never get tired of playing it.. Twilight Zone bought in 1999, just sold it today and will miss it but felt it was time to move on. The Wizard of Oz hoping to buy in July 13, hoping to sell in 10 + years.

#37 6 years ago

But to put it in context. 1966 Ford mustang convertible candy apple red bought in 1987 for $2700 at 15 years old with every penny ever earned plus a grand from dear old dad and several years of restoration.. I will never under any circumstance sell my baby. It will be passed on from generation to generation. Was driving down the street recently when a small child yelled out "daddy, I want to ride in that"

#38 6 years ago

P.S. Several fond memories having taken place in the back seat, and on the hood, and on the trunk for that matter. One bad memory of metal buttons from a pair of jeans scratching the paint....on second thought that was a pretty good memory.

#39 6 years ago

28 summers ago I picked up my Paragon and she'll never leave!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 24.50
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    € 59.80
    Lighting - Backbox
    Freddys Pinball Paradise
    $ 6.95
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside