(Topic ID: 204731)

Simple Poll to please my Wife! What room(s) do you have your Pins?

By OLDPINGUY

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jeff_286
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Where do you keep your Games to Play? Vote as many as you need.”

• Garage 123 votes
      15%
    • Basement 250 votes
      30%
    • Bedroom 58 votes
      7%
    • Living Room 108 votes
      13%
    • Dining Room 62 votes
      7%
    • Kitchen 23 votes
      3%
    • Bathroom 6 votes
      1%
    • Dedicated Room 147 votes
      18%
    • General TV - Open room 57 votes
      7%

(Multiple choice - 834 votes by 473 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160404_214302 (resized).jpg
    385F2131-2298-4302-A507-E1D88110DBDD (resized).jpeg
    20170513_130059 (resized).jpg
    20170513_130012 (resized).jpg
    DF0DA723-08D0-4EF6-82AC-5E46DD4CFC77 (resized).png
    20171209_193148 (resized).jpg
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Why is "family room" not an option? Or is that a regional term that no one else knows?

Mine are in the basement, family room (TV room,) study/extra bedroom, and living room. I live with an extraordinary tolerant girlfriend who also likes pinball.

#52 6 years ago

Basement is mine..the wife gets everything else =)

20170513_130012 (resized).jpg20170513_130012 (resized).jpg

20170513_130059 (resized).jpg20170513_130059 (resized).jpg

#53 6 years ago

Basement: Full of games
    Garage: Full of games
    Living room: Limited to 4 games. It isn't her, it's me. When I had 5 in there it sort of pinched the room a bit and made it feel crowded.

In other words, if there is space, there is probably a game. Even a little wedgie tucked in next to the stairs. I call that my "Cat Lady" game.

#54 6 years ago

Family room, would be a TV room.
    For those wanting more poll choices, there are limits on pill choice amount by pinside itself.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Who would ever put a bath in a pin room??

I would put a Hot Tub in a pinroom.

#56 6 years ago

“Poll to please my wife”

You spelled “pole” wrong

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I could just imagine telling my wife that I was going to put some of my machines in the dining room, living room or kitchen.
    I wouldn't even want that.

While in bed together, you could pretend to drift off, while she is reading or texting. Then mutter, "Are you sure its OK to put the new pin in the living room, Hon?" Then fall asleep, see what happens.

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Family room, would be a TV room.
    For those wanting more poll choices, there are limits on pill choice amount by pinside itself.

Just tell her you’re going to put a hole in the living room wall that goes to the 4th bedroom and you’ll design the opening as if it was something out of Beetlejuice. Trust me, she’ll love it...

385F2131-2298-4302-A507-E1D88110DBDD (resized).jpeg385F2131-2298-4302-A507-E1D88110DBDD (resized).jpeg

....what?

#59 6 years ago

What's a wife?

IMG_20160404_214302 (resized).jpgIMG_20160404_214302 (resized).jpg

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just tell her you’re going to put a hole....

Hey I know that remote. "changing channels is such fun.."

#61 6 years ago

Garage converted to my games rooms... I'd have to be brave, or stupid, to try anything else. Sorry sir!

#62 6 years ago

I thought the title was simple POLE. I misunderstood.

#63 6 years ago

I use the second living room downstairs for the game room. I prefer to have that dedicated space, rather than have them everywhere.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just tell her you’re going to put a hole in the living room wall that goes to the 4th bedroom and you’ll design the opening as if it was something out of Beetlejuice. Trust me, she’ll love it...

....what?

That door is utter drugs! I had to triple take to be sure that was actually a purposefully designed, finished doorway!

I do appreciate the beetlejuice-esque door. But I couldn’t help but think how that would impact any future sale of the house. If you plan on living there for the next 60 years then hey, you do you!
    I mean, it’s just so bizarre!

#65 6 years ago

I have a tiny game room in the basement, and the water table here isn’t much deeper than a few feet.
    There’s a creek behind my house that flows year round and if I remember anything from school that means the water table IS where the creek is, which is why it runs and never freezes. It’s also fed by little tiny springs you can see bubble up right on the banks of the creek.
    It’s pretty neat.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

That door is utter drugs! I had to triple take to be sure that was actually a purposefully designed, finished doorway!
    I do appreciate the beetlejuice-esque door. But I couldn’t help but think how that would impact any future sale of the house. If you plan on living there for the next 60 years then hey, you do you!
    I mean, it’s just so bizarre!

We're actually going to straighten it out and put double doors on it soon enough. But it's been like that for about 10 years now lol.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

We're actually going to straighten it out and put double doors on it soon enough. But it's been like that for about 10 years now lol.

With that clock and doorway you So need to get a Twilight Zone in that room! Nice touch!!

#68 6 years ago

I want to see those bathroom pinball pictures !!!!

#69 6 years ago

@ one time we had 3 in the living room, and 4 in the kitchen. Now their all in our above ground 45% dehumidified basement.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wish California knew what a basement was

Agreed. My brothers house in Atlanta has a basement that runs the entire length of the house yet they don’t include it in the official square footage of the house. Would make for an awesome arcade. His house is twice as big as mine and cost about half as much.

#71 6 years ago

You're entire premise of the question went terribly wrong when you said, "to please my wife". Is there such a thing?

#72 6 years ago

So jealous of you guys with basements, we're in Texas so the next best thing is we converted the garage to a game room and it houses most of the pins. Great for playing at night when the kids sleep.

However, the 5 best/newest (defined as wife and I both enjoy) sit in our Family room. They're across from the grand piano/guitars (it's a fairly big room) and the first things you see when you walk into our house (an older ranch style house). We've always treated the family/TV room as a big play room. Works out great for when kids and friends come over. We gave up trying to be like everyone else years ago; our house is for our enjoyment.

#73 6 years ago

Its a bedroom officially , no bed just pins a couch and a mini fridge , so it's a dedicated room I suppose.

#74 6 years ago

My 3 car Garage is my game room, of which 2 bays/stalls are mine with 21 pins, and 1 bay for my wife's car. Nothing in the house!

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballNut:

So jealous of you guys with basements, we're in Texas so the next best thing is we converted the garage to a game room and it houses most of the pins. Great for playing at night when the kids sleep.

Ditto. Except it's too hot and humid down here by the coast most of the year to have pins in the garage. I have a large extra room in my house that's perfect for pins. The only problem is that my house is very open and the noise from the pins is hard to contain. I can't play when the kids are busy with homework or after they go to bed which can make it hard to play just one game during the week.

#76 6 years ago

Great ? 1st pin started off in the Garage, then made it into the house spare bedroom / office. For the longest next games were in the garage until I brought one home that my wife thought was nice enough to put in the dining room. It was like this until one day we decided to get a small portable building and we were going to put 4 games in it as a game room, that didn't last very long my wife found another building that's about 18' x 30' so had it moved to our property and sold the small building. This summer we had our floors done in the house and repainted so at some point just about emptied the house to include two EMs that I had in the spare bed room. I haven't brought anymore games in the house and I'm trying to get down to just having games in the out building (game room). I still have 1 to many for what nicely fits in the game room. I still have 1 pin and a puck bowler in the garage and recently bought another small portable building and have 7 pins in it in q to be fixed. They were in the garage but once I picked up a puck bowler need space for it. So kind of like that song I’ve been everywhere man, I have pins everywhere man….

I did have a pin at each of my daughters (2) houses at one time also.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

My 3 car Garage is my game room, of which 2 bays/stalls are mine with 21 pins, and 1 bay for my wife's car. Nothing in the house!

Garage pins are the California way... although your garage is unusually cool!

3 weeks later
    #78 6 years ago

I keep my pins in other people's houses. That is to say, i do not have any pins nor even a house to put any in.
    But of course i do have lots of opinions!

1. Every room of your home is suitable for a pinball machine, but use caution around splashing water, such as in bathrooms or kitchen. But putting one in a bathroom, placed so that you can play while sitting on the toilet would be quite funny.
    2. Make sure you retain the ability to move from room to room as you fill your home to maximum capacity with all the best games. For this reason, hallways are not a preferred location for pinball machines, but will do when your other rooms have run out of floor space. (FYI: Arcade games fit more easily in most hallways, if you're into those.)
    3. Bedroom pinball machines should be powered off when it's time to sleep. Nothing like getting woken out of a sleepy dream by an alarming attraction mode starting up! FYI: Bedroom pinball is especially a good choice if you are planning any strip pinball parties.
    4. You can lay out a sleeping bag and yoga mat or whatever pad under a pinball machine, so you can get rid of your bed and keep more pins in the bedroom too!

#79 6 years ago

I would put them in the living room if I could but right now there in the basement.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Today was another Pinball moving day!
    12 Pins were Piled all over having been moved out of a super cramped room, that lost its roof!
    We tarped, and plastic sealed off the half of the house with damage, and moved pins to the garage, my office, and at 3 fellow pinheads houses!
    Yet 12 remained, not turned on since the Hurricane.
    Out goes the dining room table, and Living room furniture...stuff we have had for 30 years...its almost all gone, and its place are all the pins in accessible rows! Like Normal!
    I couldn't remove a single glass before, without moving 4-6 games in Tetris Pinball!
    So Im chatting with the wife, you know, getting approval to take over the Living room and dining room for Pins, isn't on a Lady's first list of wants.
    and we start chatting about where other guys put all their games!
    Simple Poll, just curious for me, but Ill see if I can make a "bet" with Lisa out of this one...(wink, wink).
    Where do you keep your games, guys?

Art,
    My entire house is pins. The only "furniture" I have is my bed, my office desk chair, and my dining room table. Pins are in practically every room but the bathroom.

#81 6 years ago

Don't get me started on Florida, had massive room in NJ now I had to settle on a bedroom ( I need a bigger house )

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simple-poll-to-please-my-wife-what-rooms-do-you-have-your-pins/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.