(Topic ID: 204731)

Simple Poll to please my Wife! What room(s) do you have your Pins?

By OLDPINGUY

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jeff_286
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Where do you keep your Games to Play? Vote as many as you need.”

• Garage 122 votes
      26%
    • Basement 247 votes
      53%
    • Bedroom 57 votes
      12%
    • Living Room 106 votes
      23%
    • Dining Room 61 votes
      13%
    • Kitchen 22 votes
      5%
    • Bathroom 5 votes
      1%
    • Dedicated Room 145 votes
      31%
    • General TV - Open room 56 votes
      12%

(Multiple choice - 469 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20160404_214302 (resized).jpg
    385F2131-2298-4302-A507-E1D88110DBDD (resized).jpeg
    20170513_130059 (resized).jpg
    20170513_130012 (resized).jpg
    DF0DA723-08D0-4EF6-82AC-5E46DD4CFC77 (resized).png
    20171209_193148 (resized).jpg

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Today was another Pinball moving day!

12 Pins were Piled all over having been moved out of a super cramped room, that lost its roof!
    We tarped, and plastic sealed off the half of the house with damage, and moved pins to the garage, my office, and at 3 fellow pinheads houses!
    Yet 12 remained, not turned on since the Hurricane.

Out goes the dining room table, and Living room furniture...stuff we have had for 30 years...its almost all gone, and its place are all the pins in accessible rows! Like Normal!

I couldn't remove a single glass before, without moving 4-6 games in Tetris Pinball!

So Im chatting with the wife, you know, getting approval to take over the Living room and dining room for Pins, isn't on a Lady's first list of wants.
    and we start chatting about where other guys put all their games!

Simple Poll, just curious for me, but Ill see if I can make a "bet" with Lisa out of this one...(wink, wink).

Where do you keep your games, guys?

#2 3 years ago

Basement, that’s my space!! She can have the rest of the house

#3 3 years ago

Yeah basement... Trying to fit 6 pins in a 4 pin space..

#4 3 years ago

Basement. But I’d guess in Florida you don’t have one.

#5 3 years ago

No basements, Water Table can be as close as 16 feet in some places!

#6 3 years ago

Basement only. I remember going to another pinhead’s place, and I walked in, and almost every room had a pin in it, and the basement you could hardly move. At first I thought...pretty cool, but then I realized the pins had taken over the house, and it made it uncomfortable to move around. Then I changed my attitude and thought this is silly, and it doesn’t make for a great lifestyle in your own home. Almost uncomfortable. It was totally unreasonable to the guys wife. So from then on I resolved to only put the pins in the basement, and have the family live in the rest of the house. Yes, I would love to have another 500 square foot of living space to put more pins, but such is life. The family and I have the rest of the house to enjoy.

#7 3 years ago

I have no basement either. So the formal living and dining area as well as a room of to the side that could be an office. Had one for 6 months in the family room.

#8 3 years ago

I do have a friend with a Pin is his Bathroom!!

#9 3 years ago

That basement will win is a foregone conclusion. The question is will bathroom get at least one vote. If it does I want pictures.

.... Damn I lose. Ok pictures please !

#10 3 years ago

Basement, living room, dining room, garage, bedroom, bedroom, bedroom, hallway, barn

#11 3 years ago

Bottom of your poll, you don't have All Of The Above.

LTG : )

#12 3 years ago

A Pinball Urinal! Now that's an Idea!

#13 3 years ago

I have Arcades and Pinballs in the garage, basement, laundry room, dining room, kitchen and in a bedroom. Husband bitches sometimes. Over all he is ok with it.

#14 3 years ago

If I even leave a part......NO.....even a box unopened containing a part, in any room other than the garage or the basement, there will be serious hell to pay. Happy wife happy basement!

#15 3 years ago

I could just imagine telling my wife that I was going to put some of my machines in the dining room, living room or kitchen.

I wouldn't even want that.

#16 3 years ago

Second living room, kitchen, dining room turned into other pinball room.
    Some stored in basement.

#17 3 years ago

I wish California knew what a basement was

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wish California knew what a basement was

Right. What is “basement”??

Garage for me.

#19 3 years ago

You might want to start another post with poll but on that post say "house with no basement". I think 90% of the people I know who own pins have them in their basements and almost all the machines I have ever purchased have also been in basements.

#20 3 years ago

Good luck Art.

Garage here.

#21 3 years ago

5 pins and 11 arcade games in the basement.

#22 3 years ago

7 games in the kitchen!

#23 3 years ago

At home they are in the living room.

20171209_193148 (resized).jpg

#24 3 years ago

Basement gameroom has 25 wedgeheads
    Family room has 4 pins and two jukes
    Garage gameroom has 5 bingos and 4 pins
    4th bedroom on 5 th level has 4 1/2 by 9 Brunswick gold crown pool table and 7000 45 records and 1500 33 rpm records and more.

#25 3 years ago

10x20 room above a three-car garage.

#26 3 years ago

Whoever voted bathroom...pics please

DF0DA723-08D0-4EF6-82AC-5E46DD4CFC77 (resized).png

#27 3 years ago

Newer games in the game room; Ems in the garage.

#28 3 years ago

Art, I was sure you were King of your castle BUT hey, I get it, happy wife, happy life.

Garage man cave here with wife and 3 girls. Doesn't get any better.

#29 3 years ago

Separate building behind my house. Concession to the wife is that it perfectly matches the house; bricks, windows, trim etc.

#30 3 years ago

Not at all the numbers we expected...pretty cool, especially when one has a bunch of games!!

Quoted from iceman44:

Art, I was sure you were King of your castle BUT hey, I get it, happy wife, happy life.
    Garage man cave here with wife and 3 girls. Doesn't get any better.

I beg, like every other married man!

#31 3 years ago

Mine are in the basement in a designated game room I built by dividing up the basement to include a workout room for my wife and a shop for myself. I am out of space and have two games folded up.

#32 3 years ago

Built an addition$$$$$

#33 3 years ago

When we lived in Central Florida they were in the family room, one bedroom, garage, and we enclosed the lanai by our pool with those plastic, glass-like panels to make room for more. I could fit around 20, plus the back-up stacked on my side of the garage. When I needed more room, Hutch at Tri-County Distributors let me use some space in his warehouse.

Now that we’re back here up nort’ I have the basement space, but limit myself to around a dozen.

When I didn’t have the room I squeezed them anywhere. Now that I have the space, I don’t feel the need to own as many.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No basements, Water Table can be as close as 16 feet in some places!

We live in Texas so no basements here either. But, we have an apartment above our garage, which is where we keep ours, and it's awesome.
    That being said, my husband and I both play, so I would have no problem with some being in the house

#35 3 years ago

The previous owner of my house did a room addition that served as her office. That’s my main, dedicated game room (7 pins).

I also have a single arcade game (Donkey Kong) in the bar, which I think is technically a dining room.

I have a four bedroom house, but no kids, so I’ve also turned one of the bedrooms into a game room (7 vids + 2 pins).

#36 3 years ago

Basement, about a dozen pins, TV/sunroom, 1 pin, Master Bedroom 1 pin (wife's idea!)

Don C.

#37 3 years ago

I think the better question Art is where does your spouse allow you to put pins. For us on the single side, its really preference, and if we're voting here, its pretty clear if there were room in the bathroom I'd have one in there too!

Good luck. Sounds like a mess. My advice, let her pick which ones stay in plain view and hope you can keep the rest out of sight and out of mind. If I had to guess the rub and the reasons are aesthetic vs practical.

#38 3 years ago

I only have 1 pin at the moment, and it's in the living room, kitchen, dining room, one of the bedrooms and a bathroom.

It's being "restored".

#39 3 years ago

Mine I guess would be technically in the dining room. Our house is laid out stupid. We have always just called it the back room.. now it is the pin and game room. I would use the basement, if I had one. I have a detached garage I can do some work in, if I run an extension cord...

#40 3 years ago

The only sanctified rule is keep machines out of the primary bedroom, bathrooms, kitchen, and formal dining room. Everything else is negotiation. Break the rule, and be prepared for serious negative discussion.

From experience.

#41 3 years ago

The basement and garage for me. (my garage is heated so its good year round). Anywhere else in the house would be shut down immediately by my better half !!

#42 3 years ago

I have had games in every room. My bathroom is too small

#43 3 years ago

If the goal is to please your wife,
    why not just ask her where you may put her pins?

#44 3 years ago

Living room/main room for me. But it's just me and my 10 year old daughter who is growing up with pinball in the living area as her normal. 'course I only have 1 soon to be 2 pins but that's all that will fit, well maybe one more, then I need the obligatory EM, ....

#45 3 years ago

Dedicated room. And one in home business room.

Have had them in the front room, garage and kitchen at times for extended stays as well.

#46 3 years ago

Just moved so the games are currently in the living room (wife not happy). Am using this as motivation to finish the basement.

#47 3 years ago

Basement, loft and occasionally temporarily in the garage.

#48 3 years ago

"not married never will be so where ever I want to put them" you left that choice out of the poll. Who the hell would put a pin in their bathroom?

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

"not married never will be so where ever I want to put them" you left that choice out of the poll. Who the hell would put a pin in their bathroom?

Who would ever put a bath in a pin room??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 12.95
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 17.50
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside