Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by gumnut01
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 38 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Major shots (resized).png
Multiball 3 jackpot and super jackpot (resized).png
Maelstrom shot (resized).png
2X target (resized).png
Pieces of eight (resized).png
Display with piece of eight magnified (resized).png
Right scoop (resized).jpg
Gold coin (resized).jpg
Gold targets location (resized).jpg
Fountain of Youth (resized).jpg
Gold indicator (resized).jpg
Shoot the chest (resized).jpg
Large arrow shots (resized).jpg
Load chest (resized).jpg
Chest shot lit (resized).png
Green skull (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #5 Chapters: How to play and complete them Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #15 Gold: How to collect 50 gold and start Tortuga Multiball Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #36 Movie 4 and 5 multiball summary Posted by zaphX (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 8 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Something I never encountered before. I had a multiball going and it was giving me call outs to "break the bottles". With all the balls that I'm trying to keep in play, I'm looking around and there's several flashing lights from the stacked multiball and I'm yelling back at it "Where's the bottles?" then I remembered the bottles on the pop bumper inserts. I think that's where I have to go. I sent some balls over there but nothing eventful happened. Might just be a wizard mode qualifying thing that I didn't finish yet … maybe for the Tortuga wizard mode. ??? I'll have to read up to find what that was about.

i believe that 'breaking the bottles' in Tortuga is just shooting jackpot shots (lit inserts) and when you break a certain amount of bottles it lights the super jackpot back at the Tortuga scoop.

#44 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What/where do you shoot after the Hurryup callout?

i believe the PIRATE lane Hurry Up is collected at the normal pirate stand-up target to the left of the chest.

#47 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I haven't made a wizard mode yet. I thought I've been close though.
Let's say I'm playing the green/chest chapters and I reach the end of the map on the screen. I think it says shoot the center chest shot? Would hitting that start the wiz mode?

not sure if i understand but in your case to get the green/chest wizard mode you would need to start all of the chapters of the green/chest movie - you do not need to complete any of the chapters but i believe your wizard mode will be worth more based on the numbers of chapters you complete.

once the final chapter is done all the inserts in front of the main chest shot will light up green and white and i believe they even pulse. its almost impossible to miss. hit the shot and the wizard mode starts.

the 'shoot the chest shot' callout happens a bunch during the game so i don't think that is a reliable indicator.

2 weeks later
#52 7 months ago
Quoted from Heater:

Sorry for such a dumb question. What do the mini skulls stand for in each of the move chapter slots across the backscreen. Is that part of the skull hold? Thanks

the mini skulls appear after you qualify that color by hitting the shot associated with it (left ramp for red, spinner for purple, etc).

when you hit the star map shot to start a chapter, any of the 'mini skulls' you have qualified will be the random choices the magnet ball chooses between.

if you complete a chapter you get a check mark in that skull spot. if you fail to complete the chapter you get an X in that spot.

i believe you can build the value of the chapter by hitting an individual skull shot multiple times to increase the multiplier value before you start the chapter.

1 month later
#66 5 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Ok... what's the pirate standup? The one to the left of the left green chest target?

yes. the small standup that is used to collect every PIRATE lane reward. I believe it says "Pirate" right in front of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside