JJP's Pirates of the Caribbean seems complex, but it's actually pretty easy to understand if you break it down into individual objectives. I thought I would post some explanations of the basic goals of the game. Obviously this game has many layers, so feel free to add comments about more complex scoring rules and strategies but I'll keep my posts simple so people who are new to the game can learn how to progress through it. Check out the Key Post Index at the top of the thread to jump to a particular objective. Some of this content comes from CaptainBZarre's rulesheet on Tilt Forums and the pictures are from TWIP and the Helicon Brewing thread or screenshots from the JJPlive streams. So here goes:
Objective 1: Sink the HMS Dauntless and start Curse of the Black Pearl Multiball
How to do it:
1. Climb the ladder (right ramp) to access the Black Pearl (upper playfield).
Shoot the right ramp (resized).jpg
2. Raise the sails by shooting the two spinners.
The lighting on the ship will slowly become a dark shade of green as the spinners spin and, after enough spins, the “Load Cannon” targets will be lit.
3. Load the cannon by shooting either “Load Cannon” target. This will light the “Light the Fuse” insert.
Load cannon 1 (resized).jpg Load cannon 2 (resized).jpg
4. Light the fuse by shooting the ball into the cannon shot.
5. Fire the cannon at the HMS Dauntless using the button on the lockdown bar. A successful shot will cause the HMS Dauntless to be destroyed and qualify Curse of the Black Pearl Multiball at the Port Royal Shot.
6. Shoot the Port Royal shot to start Curse of the Black Pearl Multiball.
Objective completed. Next, you can:
Collect super jackpots during Curse of the Black Pearl Multiball:
At the start of the multiball, a ball will be popped up into the ship. Super jackpots can be collected during the multiball by repeatedly loading the cannon and firing at and sinking the HMS Dauntless.