(Topic ID: 292910)

Sim Racing Set Up vs Arcade Driving Game

By Mizzou0103

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 2 years ago

I’m debating whether to add sit down driving games or a racing simulator set up (using an XBox One) to my game room. Any opinions on which is used more? Are racing simulators easy for guests to use? Would having two racing simulators make sense for guests to race against each other live and in person?

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’m debating whether to add sit down driving games or a racing simulator set up (using an XBox One) to my game room. Any opinions on which is used more? Are racing simulators easy for guests to use? Would having two racing simulators make sense for guests to race against each other live and in person?

I had a nice racing sim setup and got rid of it for a pair of sitdowns. You think you will use the simulator, until you realize that you never do. That being said, not all sitdowns are created equal. I have a pair of Need for Speed carbon deluxes with 44" LCDs, and then dual boot them with Nascar arcade. They get played more than anything else in the gameroom (that isn't a console).

#3 2 years ago

ralphwiggum Why do you think guests didn’t use the racing sim? Would having a pair that’s linked be a better set up?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

ralphwiggum Why do you think guests didn’t use the racing sim? Would having a pair that’s linked be a better set up?

No one wants to race themselves. Even if you paired some racing sims, you have to allot time for setting up each system to actually form a match and set each game in the sim to match up the two sims. You will also find that a lot of sims that are console based don't even have a LAN option for matchups.

Dedicated racers are great at what they do- turn it on, pick a car and a track and go at it.

If I was to get into Sim racing right now, it would be via a VR headset.

#5 2 years ago

i haven’t used my stuff in awhile but definitely want to get back into it. depending on what your looking to spend you can get a console setup with everything for under $1k. if you go PC and start looking at the direct drive wheels and nice quality pedals your looking at over $1k and that’s before you get a PC. iRacing is the big online racing sim. it’s pretty fun even though i’m horrible. i’ve done triple monitors and VR. VR is definitely cool and the way to go if you can handle it. triple monitors are nice in games that support it properly but require a more beefy PC to run it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sim-racing-set-up-vs-arcade-driving-game?hl=mizzou0103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.