Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5887 (resized).JPG
DSCN2006 (resized).JPG
DSCN1998 (resized).JPG
ABH (resized).jpg
IMG_5428 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Come play the selection of late 70s, through early 90s games.

Hours are: 9-4 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

$1 for two games,
$5 for an hour,
$10 for all day

Hope to see you there!

Silverballs USA.com

IMG_5428 (resized).JPGIMG_5428 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Cool, wish I was closer.
GL with your weekend!!

Thanks!

-Brian

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

You weren't open last Fri.

Last Friday my "day job" had a computer emergency. I thought I was there by Noon - Sorry about that.

I hope you didn't make the trip from PA just to come to my shop!

-Brian

#13 6 years ago

Yes, No pooping on my thread please. Heh.

And while it's true, I only have a "Handfull of Games" I personally believe they're GREAT games! Black Knight, Silverball Mania, Mousin' Around, and Riverboat Gambler!! It's true, I have a couple less popular in the bunch - Blue Chip and Future Spa being the exceptions. I have 6 games now, with probably 2 more to come. So, yes, in comparison to Replay, I do have a slightly limited selection. However I believe if you compare Silverballs to ANY of the other arcades in a 25 mile radius, I have more than any of the Arcades, Bowling Alleys, or even Barcades I've found.

Another difference with my games in comparison to the most of the other Arcades in the Tampa Bay Area, is that I CARE about my games. These games are from my personal collection and I take pride in them. If something doesn't work right I fix it myself, or replace the game**. From a maintenance standpoint, I like to think I keep the games in top-top shape. if the rubbers are dirty, I'll clean or replace them. Same with the balls and the tables themselves.

With the exception of Replay, I don't believe this is the case with the other arcades in the area. If someone knows of an arcade with as many pinballs (that work), Please tell me - I'm only open Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 9-4. I need other places (besides my garage) to play, and there just aren't that many! This was part of why I opened Silverballs Pinball Arcade - I couldn't find any pinball arcades anymore - that, and there was no room in my garage anymore.

As for "Quarter Era" games, I don't know- I remember Black Knight being $.50 a game, and weighing some of the 2 games for a quarter vs. Paying $.50 to play the latest greatest. Mousin' Around was a $.50 out of the gate game as well I believe. I believe Riverboat Gambler was a $.50 game too.

I apologize if I sound defensive about Silverballs, however It's my baby! Everyone defends their kids, right?

-Brian Prenovost
Silverballs Pinbal Arcade & Showroom

** Blue Chip is an exception to my 'Fix or Remove' rule - It's my only EM game, and unfortunately even after having someone who knows how to fix EM games look at it, it still has the ball count problem. Since it's my only EM game, I'm willing to make an exception for this game. Also- Blue chip is a fun-as-hell game to play!

2 months later
#17 6 years ago

So today I get a call from the flea market management, and apparently they've closed down the flea market due to safety violations and hazards - everything from structural, electrical, fire, code violations etc. apparently the county hasn't inspected the place since 2009, and now that they have they're pretty much insisting they bulldoze the place and start fresh.

Needless to say don't come to silverballs at the USA flea Market. I'm looking at other options to get the place open again- hopefully with a place with a little more flexible hours, and maybe closer to my house.

Thanks for all who stopped by, played or bought a game at my first iteration of Silverballs.

-Brian Prenovost
Silverballs USA

#20 6 years ago

Finding another place for that price is going to be difficult. I'm sort of wondering though, maybe it will be a good thing. If I can find a place that allows me to be open further into the evening, say 8 or 9pm, or maybe 10 or 11 on weekends, Maybe I'll be able to increase my traffic. If I put ALL of my games into a location (I was limited by space there) I would have like 15 of them. Of course, not all would be for sale, Nobody gets my Big Hurt, Silverball Mania, Xenon, Galaxy, or Firepower.. But some of the other games I've been selling, having the dual use sort of place, come play the games, and if you like, take one home! May be a new paradigm for an arcade!

Hopefully I'll have room for some video games as well. I have a Stargate I can put in there, and I know someone who was going to put some smaller 60-in-1s in the shop on consignment. Maybe this move will allow me to spread my wings a little. Sometimes I felt like I was constricted by the days of week - Fri, Sat, Sunday, and the hours the expected you to be there- 9-4. Who plays pinball at 10 in the morning?? Well, I mean, yes, I suppose most of us who own our own games play them before noon, but I'm meant like who would go out to play pinball that early in the morning?

I looked at one place, it was pretty ratty though. I want the sort of place that I wouldn't be embarrassed to have people come to, or that is nice enough that *I'll* want to come to! and, at the same time doesn't have the sort of electrical, and safety sorts of problems the flea market had. I checked with the Oldsmar Flea Market, but they didn't seem to have any places that had AC, I don't think it's really good to have games exposed to the humidity levels that are in Florida Air. Plus, with that flea market I'll again be pinned to the hours that aren't exactly compatible with Pinball players.

If anyone knows any very reasonably priced store front in say, the Palm Harbor to New Port Richey area (Tampa Bay), I'm all ears!

-Brian

1 month later
#21 6 years ago

I've moved Silverballs to a new Location in New Port Richey, FL, about 6 miles from the old Flea Market Location which has since been closed down (the Whole flea market I mean)

My NEW Address is:

5623 US 19 N. Suite 109
New Port Richey, FL 34652

It's just a block south of the Old KMart.

-Brian

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Nice to hear, when I'm down visiting my in laws. Is it a larger space for your pins?
What are the hours?

It IS a larger space for my pins! I'm licensed to have 10 - I think I have EXACTLY 10 working ones at the moment. I'm working on making the inside a little more inviting to the pin crowd. It's basically an office building that I've moved into. There was a Rotorooter in this space before I moved in. So, I've got some led strips, and some black lights, and a sound system. It's a work in progress.

Hours:

Monday & Tuesday Closed
Wednesday & Thursday 4pm - 8pm
Friday 4pm - 9pm (or later if there are people here)
Saturday 2pm - 9pm (again, later if there is someone here wanting to play)
Sunday 1pm - 6pm

Aww heck, I have my number, and cards also on the front of the storefront. If someone called me when I WASN'T here, and wanted to come play, or even BUY a game, I'd be more than happy to come open up. I live about 5 minutes from the place. Let me know if you're coming over! Sometimes I'll go out to get a bite to eat, or get some coffee from Starbucks, but I'm never gone for that long. If I am, just call me and I'll drop my coffee and come back. Or bring you back a cup!

Well I tried several times to upload some pics of the place, but I guess It'll remain a Surprise for you when you come!

-Brian
Silverballs Arcade & Showroom

#24 6 years ago

There! Pics!

DSCN1998 (resized).JPGDSCN1998 (resized).JPG

DSCN2006 (resized).JPGDSCN2006 (resized).JPG

IMG_5887 (resized).JPGIMG_5887 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silverballs-at-the-usa-fi-lea-market-hudson-fl?tu=bdPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.