20180618_193201 (resized).jpg
20180618_193124 (resized).jpg
20180618_193133 (resized).jpg
20180618_193211 (resized).jpg
20180517_195957 (resized).jpg
20180517_195504 (resized).jpg
silverball_Mania_insert (resized).jpg
SBM_DisplayBoard_SPSA.jpg
Bally_Silverball_Mania_Tech_Chart.pdf (PDF preview)
SBM_mAnia_lamp.jpg
A (resized).jpg
SBM_Light_Board_Door.jpg
SBM_Switch-34.jpg
There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

Hope this tells you something

Thanks, they tell me the voltage levels from the output of U2 pin 7 downstream through U1 and onto the Q4 transistor seem ok.

Your logic probe was indicating pin 7 of U2 was pulsing at solenoid test #01 which if it really was, the outhole solenoid should have activated based on the voltage readings & jumper test. I don't think we can trust the indications from that logic probe at this stage.

Moving on, the MPU board has 4 signals that are used to select momentary solenoids. They come from J4 on the MPU board and go to J4 on the SDB.
You have already checked the J4 connector at the MPU board, this time it's time to check J4 at the SDB. Remove that connector and inspect the wire terminals in that connector housing for gaps that are too large.
If the SDB J4 connector seems ok, please do the following:

Let's manually try to get U2 on the SDB to activate the outhole solenoid:
With the machine OFF, disconnect connector J4 from the SDB and find resistor R4 on the SDB (it's in the middle of the board). Hook up a jumper wire from the GND test point to the left leg of resistor R4. Important!, make sure this jumper wire cannot touch anything else and cannot slip off.
Hook up a 2nd jumper lead to that GND test point.
Power ON the game.
Very briefly touch the other end of the 2nd jumper lead onto the left leg of resistor R1 (also in the middle of the SDB).
Does the outhole solenoid activate?

#152 6 years ago

I made all the connections,made sure nothing was touching,started up game (no MPU start up light and no sounds,only the playfield lights on ) touched left side of R1 outhole selenoid DID NOT activate. I looked at J4 connector and look good, will try removing jumpers and wiggling connector, if outhole activates I'll let you know.

#153 6 years ago

Addition to post #152 I noticed that I blew the 4 amp fuse F3 on rect.board , I replaced fuse started game MPU light flashed and sound came on,I powered down reinstalled the jumpers carefully for retest,and the fuse blew again. I am sending pics of SDB board,hopefully they are clear ennough and will help matters.

PIC 2 (resized).jpgPIC 2 (resized).jpg

Pic 1 (resized).jpgPic 1 (resized).jpg

#154 6 years ago

addition # 3 I replaced my last available 4 am fuse started game and guess what! outhole kicker started working.Haven't tried playing yetb but hopefully the problem is fixed. I am still having problems with those switches controlled by the J2 #10 white orange wire not working, when when bending wire and sticking it in terminal, I am trying to improvise,while trying to find right size terminals for the MPU board,as they are vary small.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

Addition to post #152 I noticed that I blew the 4 amp fuse F3 on rect.board

If you hooked up the jumper to the right leg of resistor R4 instead of the left leg (looking from the front of the board), that will certainly blow the F4 fuse. The right leg of resistor R4 is +5V power.

Ok, look at your picture below. The issue with your outhole solenoid stands out like dog balls Can you see it? You need to fix it.
It's a perfect example of why we need pictures..

SilverBallMania_OutholeIssue.jpgSilverBallMania_OutholeIssue.jpg

#156 6 years ago

OOPS sorry I just don't have a dog, should be on the to do list. Wish you told me what I should see, if it is the two added jumpers R65 + R67 that seem to be touching each other, it only looks that way on photo,they are not, but I will redo them, if needed. The photo does not even show the R4, which is where I thought the problem could be. It may be possible that the jumpers shown touched each other, somehow, and problem cleared itself when I removed and replaced the board. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

#157 6 years ago

....I'm just guessing here. I neuter my dogs.
~Steveo

DogBallz (resized).jpgDogBallz (resized).jpg

#158 6 years ago

^^^ steve-o good eyes

That wire is touching the leg of resistor R63. R63 connects to pin 7 from U2 which happens to be the signal that activates the driver circuit for the outhole solenoid.

Quoted from hawkster1:

It may be possible that the jumpers shown touched each other, somehow, and problem cleared itself when I removed and replaced the board.

You're barking up the right tree; you probably slightly moved that wire enough for it to stop touching that R63 joint above it

#159 6 years ago

arrf!! will reposition jumper wires to make sure dogs stay fenced in. :blush
I used an old terminal from an old connector I had laying around that looked almost new.I removed the old terminal # 10 on the J2 MPU board and replaced it and replaced it. Put the game in play mode all tested good,played one game and top right rollover,left R target and the right I target stopped soring. I took a continuity check from white orange wire to each switche and also took a check from wire to terminal connection on the rear of MPU board and all was good, so there is no break in the white orange wire and continuity between wire and connector terminal. Why do they stop scoring so soon? Tried wiggling connector and nothing happened.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

will reposition jumper wires

Next time you pull the SDB out, unsolder that wire and cut the stripped part of it in half and then resolder it back on so there is no chance of the bare wire touching anything else again.
Also if you have a sharp side cutter, cut the excess 1/16" leftover on that lower wire so the pointy end doesn't touch the trace beneath it.

Quoted from hawkster1:

I took a continuity check from white orange wire to each switche and also took a check from wire to terminal connection on the rear of MPU board and all was good, so there is no break in the white orange wire and continuity between wire and connector terminal. Why do they stop scoring so soon?

If the connection on that wire to the playfield is good, then it could be a suspect diode or capacitor on one of those switches.
Do any of those non-working switches have a capacitor soldered to them? Usually those capacitors look like a green disk. It's common for those capacitors to fail by going short circuit which effectively makes the switch appear stuck closed.

When the switches stop working and you remove the ball from the outhole, does the switch test mode report any closed switches, or none (none = "0" in the Ball in Play display)?

BTW, does your MPU board have any signs of battery corrosion? Can you post a picture of the MPU board when you get a chance?

#161 6 years ago

I did all the SDB soldering altertions, and evertything was fine after re-installing it.
About the switches (top R rollover, left R target, Rt I return and service swtich on panel) The only one that has a capacitor is the left R target it's grey, Look as if the left E target was changed before it's a different color, red. All have what looks like small resistors on them. Then only capacitor that I found, is a green one is the one on the MPU board, and that is the about the size of a nickle. What do you mean when you wrote "when switches stop working remove ball ..."? The switches all work except for the ones listed above, having problems getting them operational. Will send MPU pic soon.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

I did all the SDB soldering altertions, and evertything was fine after re-installing it.

Great!

Quoted from hawkster1:

What do you mean when you wrote "when switches stop working remove ball ..."?

You mentioned in a previous post that you played a game and then the switches stopped working. Anyway, can you remove the ball from the outhole and go to switch test mode. Let us know what switch test mode reports - i.e. '0' in the Ball in Play display meaning all switches are open, or a number in the player displays indicating the game is detecting a closed switch.

Can you please also post pictures of all the non-working switches that show the wiring connections/capacitors? With any luck, something obvious might stand out.

#163 6 years ago

There was a time when all switches worked and I noticed the problem with targets not working when doing checks on selenoidsa while back and I'm not sure if I ever noticed any others. I took the switch test with removed from outhole, ran and # 34 came up. That happened before, and I thought it was a false reading,because everything was lit. I tried hitting the 50 pt rebounds and also the top bumpers ,and get no score or sound from any of them. That is what fault #34 means. Looks like a lot more pictures needed than thought. The R target, I return,and left R rollover, still don't work

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

I tried hitting the 50 pt rebounds and also the top bumpers ,and get no score or sound from any of them. That is what fault #34 means.

Yeah, the game detects/thinks one of the 50 point switches is closed and in that condition the game will ignore it until the switch gets opened. It's by design to ignore stuck switches, otherwise the game would endlessly score points which location owners wouldn't be happy about

The below playfield diagram shows where all the 50 point switches are that I can see. Inspect them all for any that might be stuck closed, or if the lugs where the wires are soldered onto them are accidentally bent and touching. I don't think any of these will have capacitors but if any do let us know.

This issue with the stuck #34 switch has to be fixed first before we can tackle the other non-working switches. We need the switch test mode to report 0 stuck switches.

SBM_Switch-34.jpgSBM_Switch-34.jpg

#165 6 years ago

Found the culprit Put game in test mode and now report has 0 for stuck switches, but problem with top rollover R, left R target , right I return, and probably the service swtch on panel, still do not register

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

Found the culprit Put game in test mode and now report has 0 for stuck switches

Cool. Was it a switch that wasn't gapped properly (stuck in the closed position) or a problem with wiring on a switch?

Quoted from hawkster1:

but problem with top rollover R, left R target , right I return, and probably the service swtch on panel, still do not register

With the machine OFF, disconnect the J2 connector from the MPU board. FYI, the J2 connector at the MPU board is the wiring harness for the playfield switches. Connector J2 on the MPU board is on the upper right of the MPU board along the right edge. Pins are numbered from 1 at the top and count down to pin 15. Make sure you're doing the following on the MPU J2 connector and not the SDB J2 connector otherwise you'll blow stuff up!

Grab a jumper wire and connect one end to pin 10 of the J2 pin header on the MPU board. Put some tape around the connection to stop the wire touching the neighboring pins.

Power ON the machine and start a game.

Briefly touch the untaped other end of the wire on pin 4 (fourth from top) of the MPU J2 pin header.
The game should recognise this as the right "I" return rollover switch.

Briefly touch the untaped other end of the wire on pin 3 of the MPU J2 pin header.
The game should recognise this as the left "R" target switch.

Briefly touch the untaped other end of the wire on pin 2 of the MPU J2 pin header.
The game should recognise this as a coin dropped in a coin chute and probably add a credit.

Briefly touch the untaped other end of the wire on pin 1 of the MPU J2 pin header.
The game should recognise this as the top right rollover switch.

Does the game react accordingly when you briefly jumper the wire at these MPU J2 pins?

#167 6 years ago

Switch contacts were bent on one switch,cant understand how anything could have even touched it.
I did as requested and I don't think anything happened, as I have no sound. and I can't see score with door open. I touched to the J2 pin.it didn,t give me a game.The score didn't seem to be changing after touching any others.hrrmf

#168 6 years ago

Umm, if the game didn't respond to the jumper wiring on MPU J2, that's not a good sign.

Lets try it again but on a different pin. Instead of taping the wire to pin 10 of J2 on the MPU board, this time tape it to pin 9 of J2.
Power ON and start a game. Briefly touch the other end of the wire on pins 1, 2, 3 and 4 at J2 pins as per my previous post.
Does the game score and respond?

BTW, to clarify this jumper wire must be connected to the J2 MPU board pins, not the J2 wiring harness connector you've disconnected from J2.

Can you tell me if this MPU board has battery corrosion on it?

#169 6 years ago

I tried the same test with pin 9 and I get responses from all, the sound was there to help. I hope this is a better sign. I looked at MPU battery, and cant see any signs of corrosion it's bright,black and beautiful.I can read the values on it clearly. I didn't look at the back of board.

#170 6 years ago

I need pictures of this MPU board.

While you're at it, redo the tests on pin 10 again incase something went amiss first time around.

BTW, does this game have 3 coin slot switches on the front door? If yes, do they all work (i.e. add credits)?

#171 6 years ago

Ok will send pictures, do you want front and rear? let me know.
I tried redoing test with the 10 pin and still get nothing. The game has three coin slots, but the center is not wired up. The third slot is for SBA's but only gives two credits when actuated, the same as the first. I know there is a setting for one or two plays per quarter,not sure if there is a setting for SBA dollars.

#172 6 years ago

The more pics of the MPU board you can post, the better - front and back please. Also closeup pics around the MPU J2 and J3 connector areas.

Do any of the coin switches have a solid blue wire? Reason I ask is that it would be on the same switch signal having trouble at the playfield.

#173 6 years ago

Stay tuned for the pictures,they are coming. Looked at coin switches for blue wires and found one that was disconnected.It was unsoldered from the lower tab of the start button ( button located right over the credit button). The wire was touching against a coin mechanism,not sure what kind of problems that could have made . I resoldered it, but haven't tried it yet because MPU board is out now.

#174 6 years ago

addition to post #173 I beleive the button that was disconnected from it's lower connection, was the credit reset button,or coin return.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

The wire was touching against a coin mechanism,not sure what kind of problems that could have made .

If the blue wire was shorted to ground by touching the metal coin mechs then that could very well be your problem with those playfield switches not responding.

Sounds like someone's wired a switch on the front door to add credits right? They probably used the wiring to one of the original coin switches.

#176 6 years ago

I plugged in the MPU board and powered up game. The left R target, right I return rollover and top rollover are working. I.m not sure if htat has anything to do with the F4 GI fuse blowing problem. I don't any extra fuses for that which is why I didn't put in a new one for a test. I would like your input before I got for it. I will play the game for a while to make sure problem is fixed .

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

I.m not sure if htat has anything to do with the F4 GI fuse blowing problem.

The coin door blue switch wire shorted to the chassis is unrelated to blowing fuses.

The problem with the F5 20 amp G.I fuse blowing was determined to be on the playfield right?
From my count there's 29 G.I lamps on the playfield at the following locations:

2 rear left corner
2 rear right corner
4 inside the rear dead bumpers
3 inside the pop bumpers
2 under the horseshoe plastic
2 under the star rollover switches at the horseshoe
2 under the left slingshot plastic
2 under the right slingshot plastic
4 behind the rear "S" "I" "L" "V" yellow targets
3 under the left side plastic where the 3 yellow "E" "R" "B" targets are
3 under the right side plastic where the 3 yellow "A" "L" "L" targets are

Your first step is to find each of these lamps and closely inspect their wiring connections for any type of short circuit.

Atari_Daze has a 6 page photo gallery of his recent Silverball Mania restoration thread - there are some excellent reference photos there:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polishing-up-a-silverball-mania?gallery&galleryp=4

Upper playfield showing lighting:

https://images.pinside.com/6/e4/6e4b51bb3e31aa4bae30be20020207a9e2deed96/resized/large/6e4b51bb3e31aa4bae30be20020207a9e2deed96.jpg

And some playfield shots from underneath:

https://images.pinside.com/4/f5/4f5f0febb70cce26d8896416cacc3083a9190f88/resized/large/4f5f0febb70cce26d8896416cacc3083a9190f88.jpg

https://images.pinside.com/a/78/a78b47cf7e1bfec812fb5cba20ef4c9abc5ef3ba/resized/large/a78b47cf7e1bfec812fb5cba20ef4c9abc5ef3ba.jpg

https://images.pinside.com/7/9e/79e9a4b3e1e0a2084c16454be7d41ff5e5dbdb21/resized/large/79e9a4b3e1e0a2084c16454be7d41ff5e5dbdb21.jpg

https://images.pinside.com/5/f5/5f5a71038dc47fc25fb9b2e64c0addb9f4d6f87b/resized/large/5f5a71038dc47fc25fb9b2e64c0addb9f4d6f87b.jpg

#178 6 years ago

Ok thanks for everything you have done so far them game is playable and I give you all the credit
I will check out atari daze photos gallery especially due to the fact he helped me out in the past on where to look for parts,and also finding out about getting fuse circuit breakers. please keep in touch.

#179 6 years ago

If you can't see any obvious issue with the lamp socket connections you'll probably have to remove all of the playfield GI lamps listed above and use your multimeter to look for shorts. Some of those G.I lamps are connected in groups (via thick red and also white wires) which you can unsolder to narrow down which group the short resides in.

Also, take off all 7 bumper caps and see if there's any issues there - take note of missing bumper lamps that could be causing the lamp socket to short.

#180 6 years ago

OK I guess I'm on a new mission. It is wierd because all the lights mentioned have bulbs in them, and are lit up, not sure what GI lights the F4 fuse controlls, I'll see what bulbs aren't lit.

3 weeks later
#181 5 years ago

Hi Quench haven't contacted you for quite some time,and just got back from 2 weeks in California,but good to get back. You asked me to contact Atari-Daze about lighting my problems, and I have been in contact with him.The last time we wrote he told me to try contacting you or Grumpy,or post on Pinside for other thoughts.My problem is the F5 20 amp GI fuse blows which controls the GI circuit. Here's where I am with that. I did a self test on feature lights and they are all on except for the following:
"A" left return not lit
top centr rollover not lit
upper "L" side target not lit
2 X light not lit
letters "S" and "A" not lit
everything else lights and it's probably just blown lamps and I have don't have any replacements now. How can the lights be lit when the fuse isn't even installed? Is this even possible? I will do your # 177 posting checks of the 29 lamps, even though most of those lights work.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

Hi Quench haven't contacted you for quite some time

Hi again

Quoted from hawkster1:

My problem is the F5 20 amp GI fuse blows which controls the GI circuit.

Have you organised a 20 amp circuit breaker, or purchased a bunch of spare 20 amp fuses? This was spoken about some time ago. You're going to be tripping the G.I circuit often in trying to diagnose this problem.

Quoted from hawkster1:

I did a self test on feature lights and they are all on except for the following:
everything else lights and it's probably just blown lamps and I have don't have any replacements now.

Just borrow some of the G.I lamps behind the backglass for now. The playfield feature lamps are more important than backglass G.I.

Quoted from hawkster1:

How can the lights be lit when the fuse isn't even installed? Is this even possible?

The playfield feature lamps under the inserts are protected by a different fuse (F1) on the rectifier board.

The F5 fuse on the rectifier board protects the circuit for the general illumination lamps - these are the lamps that are always on to illuminate the general playfield area and behind the backglass.

#183 5 years ago

Thanks all for input. I've been playing game with display glass off, and then I noticed that all but, 2, lights are not lit. Could that be the cause of F5 20 amp fuse problem? I previuosly tested and found problem to be in playfield area,not backglass, and might have been wrong. 20 amp breaker on it's way, only one fuse left now.

#184 5 years ago

Quick addition to post 183 I replaced,or repaired all playfield lights and all work except for the letter "A" still not lit even with new bulb,must be bad contacts,seems to have voltage and nothing unsoldered.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

Quick addition to post 183 I replaced,or repaired all playfield lights and all work except for the letter "A" still not lit even with new bulb,must be bad contacts,seems to have voltage and nothing unsoldered.

Need clarification on which "A" lamp isn't working.

To test the lamp and socket, grab a piece of wire with a little insulation stripped from each end.
Hookup one side of the wire to a ground point, and touch the other side of the wire on the "A" lamp socket lug that has the colored wire soldered to it. If the lamp lights, the issue is upstream and we need to run other tests. If it doesn't light, the lamp and/or socket is the issue.

#186 5 years ago

The "A" lamp I'm talking about is the one of the lamps in the center that spell out silverball mania. Still curiuos as to why some lights on backglass aren't lit. The score and ball count light but all others dont. Will test lamp and let you know.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

The "A" lamp I'm talking about is the one of the lamps in the center that spell out silverball mania.

So you mean the "A" in 'ball' - i.e. silverb"A"ll mania? If not, please be explicit which A lamp.

Quoted from hawkster1:

Still curiuos as to why some lights on backglass aren't lit. The score and ball count light but all others dont. Will test lamp and let you know.

Some of the lamps behind the backglass are feature lamps - specifically the ones highlighted below. These are lamps which are controlled (switched on and off) and are separate/unrelated to G.I lamps. Picture courtesy of Atari_Daze SBM resto thread.
SBM_Light_Board_Door.jpgSBM_Light_Board_Door.jpg

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Picture courtesy of Atari_daze SBM resto thread

Heard my name...

Here is the pinout for the A's...

A (resized).jpgA (resized).jpg

#189 5 years ago

Oops sorry , the "A" that is not lit is the first "A" on the word MANIA .
Thanks to atari_daze for pic. I'll watch when I use game to see if any controlled lights come on or off when playing.

#190 5 years ago

tried using jumper from ground to lug and nothing happened ,and I cleaned the socket real good,so I don't think it is a case of bad contacts.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

don't think it is a case of bad contacts.

Could be, I swapped every socket on my SBM!
Do you have a loose socket you could jumper to?

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Here is the pinout for the A's...

Great picture Atari_Daze , hope you don't mind me using that concept in future

Quoted from hawkster1:

tried using jumper from ground to lug and nothing happened

Try it with any other feature lamp to make sure you've got the process right. Grounding any feature lamp socket lug that has the colored wire should light it.

In this case if the lamp doesn't illuminate, the problem is local to the socket/lamp. Grounding the socket lug completely bypasses the lamp driver board logic. So you need to make sure you're using a good working lamp, the base of the lamp socket has good connection to the 5.4V power braid running under the playfield, and the socket itself is in good condition. It's common for the tip of the centre spring pin inside the socket to corrode/rust which results in poor/intermittent connectivity at the contact point with the bottom of the lamp. I cut a small piece of scotch-brite and use long nose pliers to clean the corroded pin tip inside the socket.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Great picture Atari_daze , hope you don't mind me using that concept in future

Heck no, be glad to supply others if needed!

#194 5 years ago

FYI I used a bulb that was working eleswhere to be sure, and I did use scotch brite to clean it.I wanted to make sure it just wasn't a bad connection. I never thought of trying to jump a working light as a test, but I will. Could this possible have something to do with my blowig the F5 fuse?

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

Could this possible have something to do with my blowig the F5 fuse?

Nope. The F5 fuse blowing is a separate issue.

#196 5 years ago

I,m back. I got the light to work when I jumped it.I resoldered the wire and did more scotchbrite work,but light still doesn't work on its own. I tried tracing that white wire back and got lost in the maze,but according the schematic you sent it goes back to a J5 conector pin 14 I beleive.I'll try wiggling connector and see what happens, and try additional socket cleaning.
Is the F5 related to the feature lights that aren't working on the display door? I just have the lights for score,number balls left and credits left. All fifteen lights at the bottom never light,along with about 23 in the center. Still waiting for 20 amp circuit breaker to arrive.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

I got the light to work when I jumped it.

Cool, so the lamp and socket are working. We have to go upstream to the lamp driver board which is the board in the backbox on the bottom left (below the MPU board).

The lamp driver board has a whole lot of transistor looking things. They're not transistors, they're called SCRs which are different.

From the lamp driver board schematics below:
SCR Q51 controls the silverball m"A"nia lamp. The signal to the "A" lamp comes out on connector J3 pin 15 of the lamp driver board.

1) If you ground the bottom right pin of SCR Q51, the "A" lamp should light. This only tests that wiring from the SCR through the J3 board connector to the lamp is good or not. This does not test the SCR.

2a) If it doesn't light, ground pin 15 of J3 on that lamp driver board.

If test 1 works, then you can manually test activate the SCR itself.
2b) Grab your jumper wire and connect/touch one end on test point TP3 of the lamp driver board.
Touch the other end of the wire on the top leg of SCR Q51 to switch it on.

Quoted from hawkster1:

Is the F5 related to the feature lights that aren't working on the display door? I just have the lights for score,number balls left and credits left. All fifteen lights at the bottom never light,along with about 23 in the center. Still waiting for 20 amp circuit breaker to arrive.

The F5 fuse is for general illumination (G.I) lamps - think of them as the street lights that help you see the road at night.
Fuse F1 is for the feature lamps - think of those as traffic lights that constantly change, i.e. can switch on and off to indicate things.
The non-working 23 lamps in the centre of the display door are G.I lights and are not working because of the F5 fuse.
The 15 lamps at the bottom of the display door are feature lamps - these not working is unrelated to the F5 fuse - we'll visit these later after fixing the "A" playfield lamp.

SBM_mAnia_lamp.jpgSBM_mAnia_lamp.jpg

#198 5 years ago

I've been working on a Tech Chart for Silverball Mania.
I have one blank in my file.
That's the wire code (and color) for the Shoot Again light in the back box.
It runs from A5J2-9 to the backbox Shoot Again lamp.

Here is a preliminary copy of the file.

Bally_Silverball_Mania_Tech_Chart.pdfBally_Silverball_Mania_Tech_Chart.pdf

#199 5 years ago

Quench: I grounded the bottom leg of Q51 and light lit, then I went to test PT 3 to top leg of SCR Q51 and nothing ,doesn't seem to wanna play.

Inkochnito: Thanks for interest and pic.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkster1:

I grounded the bottom leg of Q51 and light lit, then I went to test PT 3 to top leg of SCR Q51 and nothing ,doesn't seem to wanna play.

In that case SCR Q51 is likely faulty. Replace it with a 2N5060 or 2N5064 SCR.
Try jumpering TP3 on the lamp board to some of the other top legs of the small SCRs to see if you can make other playfield lamps illuminate so you know you got the process right.

Please help Inkochnito with his question to complete his Silverball Mania tech chart. What is the colors of the wire on the lamp driver board at connector J2 pin 9? Note the pin numbers on the lamp driver board start with pin 1 on the bottom of the connectors and count upwards.

And for further clarification, what's the colors of the wire mentioned below - click the photo to zoom in:

SBM_DisplayBoard_SPSA.jpgSBM_DisplayBoard_SPSA.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
$ 69.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silverballmania/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.