(Topic ID: 87047)

Silverball Museum... What should I play?!?!?!

By funtimewithdave

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jwo825
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20140416_038.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I am going next wednesday, and I can stay about 3 hours. With so many games, I would like some input. What 4 or 5 would you play if you were going?!?!
    http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/silverball-museum-382-asbury-park-nj-united-states

#2 10 years ago

As many as you can squeeze in. That place is fantastic for older machines. I'd be going down the line of wedgies, but would definitely be hitting Jumping Jack. The 3 hours will feel like a blur as it flies by.

#3 10 years ago

Gorgar , Funhouse , ECWOZ , Guns & Roses , Xenon , TOM , IJ , Elvis , Genie , Cyclone

#4 10 years ago

I was there last weekend. Depending on when you go will dictate how much you can play. I've been at opening time and had the place to myself. When I went last weekend I had to wait for a few things.

The EMs are fantastic there! They also have a ton of vids. Lots of good DMDs. Centaur and Xenon are fun, as is RFM. You really can't pick just one or two!

The only issue I had this last time was that later in the day lots of machines had 4 player games started and walked away from, and a few had missing balls, but that's to be expected.

But go, have a blast!

#5 10 years ago

I linked some easy pics of games that are classics that I have never played (Addams Family Gold vs regular counts as never playing, right?)
    I have some that I personally want to try, even though they may not be considered classics (Team One, Flip A Card (I own add-a-ball version, Card Trix), Bobby Orr, Olympics)
    Any other input ladies and gentlemen?

#6 10 years ago

Play Beat Time, just to say that you have. Play Dr. Who, Attack From Mars and Pinbot if you never have played them before.

But IF I WERE TO WALK IN THERE, I would want to start playing machines I have never played before. The machines I HAVE played before that I would HAVE to get a game in on would be: Centigrade 37, Wizard, Spirit Of '76, Playboy and Cyclone.

Hopefully I get to go early next month!!!

#7 10 years ago

And, yes, I personally count Addams Family Gold as a seperate machine from the original...

#8 10 years ago

Play some Team One. Not a single classic Stern in the line up...hard to believe.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Not a single classic Stern in the line up...hard to believe.

Thats a shame !

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Play some Team One. Not a single classic Stern in the line up...hard to believe.

Real shame. Thats why I cant get EricR to go with me haha

#11 10 years ago

I'd love to go if not for work, you are going on a Wednesday you know lol. I would love to play some classic Sterns in real life for once like Seawitch or F2K, just to see how they compare to the modern Sterns I enjoy so much.

Quoted from RobKnapp:

Gorgar , Funhouse , ECWOZ , Guns & Roses , Xenon , TOM , IJ , Elvis , Genie , Cyclone

These and all the EMs you have time for sounds like a good plan to me.

Edit: I just looked at the lineup and a few hours is not going to be nearly enough time.. maybe a few days would do it.

Definitely make sure to hit MM, WH2O, and Centaur besides the ones mentioned above.

#12 10 years ago

Was there a few weeks ago, spent most of my time on EM's. Dimension ( add-a-ball version of 2001 ) was a favorite.

#13 10 years ago

I love that place. I thought it closed down. I gotta go again then. I say play them all and go back to the ones u really liked. I should go down tomorrow. I have off ha ha

#14 10 years ago

I went there! I had a wedding to go to near philadelphia and my brother and I made a trip to silverball in asbury. It was during fall and we were the only people their for a couple hours in the morning. We were fairly new to pinball and still are, so we played all the newer big name games. Make sure tomplay their GnR, MM, WOZ. They have some good early 80s games too like Black Knight.

#15 10 years ago

Make sure you find the Medieval Madness hid over with some of the EMs. Also I love the Pinbot and the Cyclone there plays very well (I was there last saturday). Throw at least one game of Skeeball. Mostly just enjoy being around that many great machines.

Enjoy your trip.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from F14_Hitman:

Make sure you find the Medieval Madness hid over with some of the EMs. Also I love the Pinbot. Throw at least one game of Skeeball. Mostly just enjoy being around that many great machines.

skiball?!?!? Maybe if I had that few days Eric was talking about. Thanks for the tips though.

Quoted from Pinbee:

Was there a few weeks ago, spent most of my time on EM's. Dimension ( add-a-ball version of 2001 ) was a favorite.

thanks!

#17 10 years ago

If they still have Knockout , you should play a game it's pretty neat

It's a 1950 Gottlieb, with a boxing ring with 2 fighters squaring off

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Loved Gorgar, Xenon, Genie & Cyclone. Funhouse was getting worked on : ( and I played zero DMD's, got to into the EM's I saw

Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

The machines I HAVE played before that I would HAVE to get a game in on would be: Centigrade 37, Wizard, Spirit Of '76, Playboy and Cyclone.
    Hopefully I get to go early next month!!!

Centigrade 37 and Cyclone were some of my favorites!

Quoted from newtoit:

They have some good early 80s games too like Black Knight.

Loved Black Knight, I played a beat up Black Knight 2000 in Virgina Beach last month, this better condition one was so much more exciting!

Quoted from EricR:

Definitely make sure to hit MM, WH2O, and Centaur besides the ones mentioned above.

MM was great, my first time. Same with Centaur. Didnt get ot WH2O or any of the newer machines, not enough time!

Quoted from islandpinball:

If they still have Knockout , you should play a game it's pretty neat
    It's a 1950 Gottlieb, with a boxing ring with 2 fighters squaring off

Was getting worked on : (
    WP_20140416_038.jpgWP_20140416_038.jpg

Quoted from Pinbee:

Loved it.

Quoted from dothedoo:

Loved it. Played It the most.

Also, The list is not accurate on pinside, or the Silverball Website for that matter. Just too many for me to update. No Card Trix, Soccer, Flip-A-Card. Bobby Orr. Im sure there were more that were not there. Seemed like maybe 110 games, If I had to guess. Perhpas, the 162 number is in their collection, but gets rotated.

#19 10 years ago

My wife and I visited this place while visiting family in 2010. Such a cool place. I'd agree with others that you should play the old EM games. The DMD games are easier to find. I think you'll have an easier time finding those later.

#20 10 years ago

^ playing* those later. Need more coffee before posting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silverball-museum-what-should-i-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.