Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pin-it
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kaytrox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Spent 13 hours in Asbury Park, NJ at the Silverball Museum/Arcade which is now open after 6 long weeks of clean-up from hurricane Sandy. Nice to be back home again!

#4 11 years ago

They came away pretty clean. If the beach facing windows hadn't been blown in, all they would have had was a clean-up issue. All the machines survived, and none were lost, so it is pretty much the same as it was before.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mercury:

Great to see the Museum up and running...I never thought I'd like EM machines
    but after my visit there it certainly opened my eyes...I guess one reason they aren't popular is
    like myself most people have never played them or haven't played them in years...I also like the
    fact they all have LED"S and are set to High Tap..Very Fast to play and definitely not boring...
    I encourage everyone to visit the Museum; plus the fact that they have most all of the A list pins
    with NO LINES...Can't say that from my experiences at Allentown and York shows...
    Happy Holidays Pinsters!!!

I have this argument all the time! I'll simplify! EM's are definitely going to be boring to players who don't have the required skill-sets to master them. When I was in my teens, you never saw a geek or a nerd playing pinball! Make them complicated to score, but easy to play, and you attract another type of player. I have high score on 4 machines at the Silverball, without scoring Super-Triple-Bonus-Jackpot during the multi-ball phase, after gathering up 57 idols in the Vault of Doom.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

There are reasons why there are inspectors.
    In this case there could have been structural damage. Mold/bacteria. And rebuilding might have to be brought up to code.
    Too many times people have done what ever they pleased, and too many times people get hurt or killed. And too many times tragedy could have been avoided. Study up on the Coconut Grove fire.
    We have learned to do things the hard way.
    LTG : )

Exactly! According to Silverball's website, the inspection that they failed on the 7th, was the inspection of the new fire alarm systems. Can't blame them for that! As of yesterday, there was still plywood over some of the windows, so apparently they couldn't have been coming down that hard on them.

#15 11 years ago

I've been going since July, and that basketball machine was there when I started going. Used to be one of my favorites when I was a pre-teen. And gotta agree, I love that I can park in the lots, and not have to walk 4 blocks like I do during the shore season, to dodge the parking charges.

#16 11 years ago

I spent over 13 hours in the place on Saturday, and I will be there all day on Wednesday, right up until the 9 PM closing time. It is SO good to be back there, especially since I learned something during the 6 weeks they were closed. Since I didn't have my classic selection to choose from, I was forced to get my fix at bowling alleys playing modern machines. You can argue all you want, but if you are a seasoned player with years of experience, all of today's machines S-U-C-K, and offer no real challenge to your player skills!

I was playing TDK, and I made the shot up the right hand ramp, with the right flipper EIGHT times in a row! The ball came down the chute, landed on my flipper, and I just kept popping it right back up there! I don't care HOW deep the game is, and how many different modes it has, this is just plain boring and completely unchallenging! If I could make the same shot on an EM, EIGHT times in a row, I would have saved a fortune in quarters over the years!

Even after playing like a dozen games on RBION, I still had no idea of how the scoring worked, but I figured out how to get to multi-ball mode, and played for well over an hour on the first $1 I put in. I didn't have a lot of time to spend, so I actually walked away from it while I still had 3 credits... But that's OK, I was COMPLETELY bored anyway!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kaytrox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silverball-museum-now-open?tu=Kaytrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.