10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by louknees
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hi All...

I made the pilgrimage (1 hour 15 mins) to Silverball on Saturday. BEAUTIFUL day at the Jersey Shore.

First off - they do not know when their WOZ is coming either LOL. (NOT a criticism - just saying - as one of the closest "Public Venues" to JJP, it does not hurt to ask as I assume they will get one very early - so it is a good place to keep a finger on the pulse, so to speak).

I spent a bit of time with "The Game of The Month" - which is the SS version of Evel Knievel. Current Male High Score was 423K and change - and my best scores were coming in around 250K - so I am out this month - I just was not really warming to the game so I chose not to make a project of it.

I stepped over to The Shadow - this is a game that SOMEHOW - I have never played or had any experience with it. Well guess what? My first game EVER on it I scored 1.3 Billion - and ended up with the #2 High Score (which is really the #3 counting "Grand Champion"). First game ever and I kicked its ass LOL. I really enjoyed the game and its features - but this one will not make my Want List due to the rarest of reasons - "Too easy". Probably a fluke.

After that, I worked my way through some of the usual favorite classic EMs - Dimension (LOVE it), Flip-A-Card, Jumping Jack, World Fair and so on.

Spent some time defending Earth from the Martians and on this day, the game was cold with me - I simply did not do that well - so I moved on.

I finally spent some Quality Time with "Ship Ahoy" and I really enjoyed the layout - although I NORMLALLy prefer a more wide-open playfield, I found this game's setup to be quite engaging (it is bi-sected at midfield by a spinner and some rollovers which create a challenge to attain some of the targets). I will return to this one.

FIREBALL was playing quite well for me on this day as well. I released Odin and Wotan several times and even released them TOGETHER once (which is rare on this game)....of course, multi-ball never lasts long, but on this "Holy Grail" of EMs, I enjoy it knowing it helped pave the way for later games.

Silverball has placed some floor markings towards the back of the building with sayings on them such as "Counter" and "Rail" - so it looks like a reconfigure BACK to the pre-Sandy Boardwalk Main Entrance is imminent.

I always like to cap off my day with an ACCOMPLISHMENT - so I ended on Flip-A-Card - I wanted to knock off all the cards ONE TIME before I left (which is NOT easy - try getting the 8 of Clubs LOL. I played about 6 games and DID IT.

Enjoyed my usual lunch at Windmill Hot Dogs (Ocean Grove - half a mile away).....and then headed home around 2:30.

A fun day.

Your Pal, PennSkier

#2 10 years ago

Sounds like you had a great day,I gotta get there someday.

#3 10 years ago

Great game on the shadow...I've had mine for months and I haven't broken 1 billion

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silverball-museum-asbury-park-nj-trip-report-42713 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.