(Topic ID: 178998)

Silverball Mania Solenoid Driver Board (Alltek)

By chippe01

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chippe01
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture2.JPG
Capture.JPG
#1 7 years ago

I'm trying to get to know the workings of the game, and trying to get acquainted with schematics. My electrical prowess is ZERO.

I noticed tonight on the solenoid driver board, the LED's for Q15 and Q19 remain lit green while a game is in play, which means those coils are active.

From looking at the schematics, I have determined that Q15 is for the flipper enable relay, which of course should be active, or else the flippers wouldn't work, and Q19 is for the coin lockout coil, which I've recently learned would be enabled as well to allow coins to be dropped.

I just wanted some reassurance that I'm reading this correctly. I'm trying to learn a little bit.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

Capture2.JPGCapture2.JPG

#2 7 years ago

Yes you have it right.
Transistors Q15, Q17, Q18 and Q19 are for coils that can be activated continuously. Another typical use for them is outlane gates for example. These transistors essentially have dedicated lines downstream from the MPU board to activate them.

Q1 - Q14 and Q16 are for momentary solenoids typically pulsed by the MPU board for some tens of milliseconds. Only one of these can be activated at a time. These are for Pop Bumpers, Slingshots, Drop Target reset - etc.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the explanation. Little by little I'm picking up on things. My hope is to at least be comfortable doing minor things. Many of the light sockets need to be replaced as they are loose and in not-so-good condition. I have new sockets and am hoping to be comfortable at least changing some of them.

Whoever worked on this machine previously zip tied some of the sockets to the posts. They didn't hold for long.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 199.95
$ 169.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silverball-mania-solenoid-driver-board-alltek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.