• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SBM Service .jpg
20150617_102636.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I've read a lot of the reviews talking about how great looking the machine is but how the game itself lacks anything of interest.

With what appears to be a decent deal available to me ($400), home use for the last four years, cabinet and back glass look like 9's, play field like an 8.5, I'm trying to decide if it is worth the effort to pick this machine up, even at a decent price.

I haven't played it yet, only pictures.

What do you think?

20150617_102636.jpg20150617_102636.jpg
#2 8 years ago

Shoot the loop all day! That's it pretty much! You can't lose at $400.

#3 8 years ago

yeah any day in this condition for 400. Nice thing about this pin is it works out your nudging skills!

#4 8 years ago

oh yeah for $400 that is a really good deal. Its a beautiful machine there is not doubt.

#5 8 years ago

I paid $350 for mine with a much worse playfield. I then put a $650 CPR playfield in it.

#6 8 years ago

added bonus, it's where Pinside's pinball logo came from if i'm not mistaken!

#7 8 years ago

SBM was maybe the first "fast" Bally.

There is a ROM image that does not score you a letter each time you make the loop from Seymour Shadow. This makes a good game into a great game.

You would be an idiot to pass that game up for $400......around here they are $1000 with a terrible playfield.

#8 8 years ago

Set it up to be fast and hard and then hold on. Give it some good slope, fresh rubbers, make sure posts are tight and shine the playfield. It will kick your butt enough.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

added bonus, it's where Pinside's pinball logo came from if i'm not mistaken!

Think it comes from Junkyard

#11 8 years ago

I buy any pin that come up near me that I have not played much if the price is decent.

You just don't know if you will like a pin in a home environment unless you actually own it. Pins have grown on me for home use that I hated the first few times I played (Flash Gordon) and some pins that I loved playing in the arcade and always wanted to own got boring for me (Centaur).

#12 8 years ago

Ok, I don't like the game. But at $400 I'd grab it and set it up really nasty. Play the crap out of it til you're bored, and then move it out.

#13 8 years ago

I really enjoy it. It's in the restore queue along with a new playfield, plastics and backglass. Very nice early bally game. I got mine, missing the backglass for $350.00. That's a great price for the one you're looking at.

#14 8 years ago

That was a great deal 20 years ago.That backglass is worth the price alone.IMO.It's a fun dink dink game.Change of pace.

#15 8 years ago

I'd buy it for $400. It does look like a good one...........

#16 8 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback.

#17 8 years ago

Worth it for the erotica built into the artwork alone

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There is a ROM image that does not score you a letter each time you make the loop from Seymour Shadow.

^^^This......otherwise, don't waste your time.

#19 8 years ago

Also, make sure you perform the Bally service procedure to the opening of the Loop.

I've got 2 SBMs that never had it done!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Also, make sure you perform the Bally service procedure to the opening of the Loop.

Can you elaborate, or is the service bulletin online? I have an SBM, no idea if the procedure was done. Thanks!

#21 8 years ago

location please? I will make sure it is not missed

#22 8 years ago

Bally had a kit to update the horseshoe loop.

Here is a scan of the bulletin:

// Error: Image 420140 not found //

1 week later
#23 8 years ago

Mine came to me with the modification already done. I do not know that I have seen one where it was not done. The posts on mine are ones I have never seen before though. They are not the red plastic ones like are everywhere else on the pin. They are two piece metal ones that compress the rubber as you tighten down the screw that holds them in.

#24 8 years ago

Mine still has the original mini-posts. No wonder I can roll it! Thanks a lot for posting the service bulletin.

#25 8 years ago

This game is amazing. I love playing it and I pump SO many tokens into it at the local public arcade. $400 is a deal for that game, they're much more expensive here.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

The posts on mine are ones I have never seen before though.

Post some pics with the glass off.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Post some pics with the glass off.

I need to unpack it from a recent move. I will pull one of the posts and take some pictures of it in and out of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 179.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
1,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 199.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silverball-mania-really-that-boring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.