(Topic ID: 181380)

Silverball Mania Owners: Which loop posts are installed?

By chippe01

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which inner loop posts are installed on your Silverball Mania?”

• The original metal mini posts 3 votes
    38%
  • The fatter red plastic posts 5 votes
    63%
  • Something else (Please comment on what that might be) 0 votes

(8 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

266ceb54d819a23ca060d380be6d4a8f2f4d43b3 (resized).jpg
01 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Just curious to see what posts folks have installed in the inner loop on either side of the "N" target.

My machine came with the fatter red plastic posts installed. I changed them back to the metal mini posts. I play the game for relaxation and so I enjoy the fact that the game is easier. After all, this IS the way the game came from the factory.

I can break a million many times, and even scored over 2 million in one game.

I look forward to votes and comments.

#2 2 years ago

I keep the original posts in mine also. Yeah the game is easy. Flipped the score many games but I like it. And it looks awesome!!!!!

#3 2 years ago

Most of the games I see have the red finned posts. Mine did. I have yet to see amber finned posts.

01 (resized).jpg

#4 2 years ago

I found the game too easy, and kinda boring with the mini posts, I could nail the horseshoe over and over, and that got old too fast. I put in the red finned posts, the horseshoe is still very make able but not so easy. Also I think it looks better that way! Everyone can set up their games the way they like it though, that's the great thing about owning your own games!

Tom

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Most of the games I see have the red finned posts. Mine did. I have yet to see amber finned posts.

Was amber an option in the refit kit? I just saw an SBM like that this morning and just looked wrong.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Was amber an option in the refit kit? I just saw an SBM like that this morning and just looked wrong.

Pic?

According to the flyer, amber is what was included in the kit.

Edit: I found the flyer tucked inside an original Silverball manual I bought off ebay. So all I have is the flyer, not the rest of the kit.

#7 2 years ago

I had seen that flyer before. Up to that point I wasn't aware the original posts were the mini posts. The machine I bought actually had Purple finned posts, which were just ugly. I put the red finned posts in to match with the rest of the game.

When i saw the flyer, I decided to put in mini posts. Yes, the game is easier, but as I said, i play for relaxation. Longer games make me feel more relaxed

#8 2 years ago

Ran across it online. Can't remember where, sorry. The amber posts looked very out of place or I wouldn't even have noticed them.

#9 2 years ago

Has anyone a source for the ROMs that removes the "spot a letter" for hitting the horseshoe? I am trying to get a SBM up and running and the rumor is that this evens out the scoring a bit.

My machine has the red "fatter" posts on it, but I haven't gotten it running yet!

#10 2 years ago

I've read about that, and there was a discussion about this in the Google groups a few years back, but I never actually found anyone that made the ROM for this. From what I have read, I believe it's available for the virtual type game.

#11 2 years ago

I believe that Seymour Shadow on this site was the guy who fixed that ROM.

#12 2 years ago

A even harder question: who still has the original amber finned posts from the kit?

That's some rare shitz

266ceb54d819a23ca060d380be6d4a8f2f4d43b3 (resized).jpg

#13 2 years ago

So, anyone have the roms?

#14 2 years ago

Here is the important text from a thread I found at http://rec.games.pinball.narkive.com/4UsCL6OW/has-anyone-created-a-new-silverball-mania-rom written by Seymour Shadow (I can't find a Pinsider by that name). I do not know enough about ROMs to know exactly if this is all that is needed, but here it is.

"u1 offset a8: change 8d 1c 8d to: 20 02 14
Compared code for the top rollovers (that can spot a letter - they will
still do so) to the code for the horseshoe lane - one subroutine does it
all. branch over subroutine and adjust checksum

20 02 is bra 2 steps forward.... 14 is the checksum correction.

Now that I think of it, the patch will crash if you have the dip set to
award 1 letter instead of 2."

correction for that:

offset A6: 01 01 20 02 3e

01 is NOP
3e is the new corrected checksum"

if anyone tries this let me know!

#15 2 years ago

Maybe he quit the drama of Pinside, but I thought he used to be here.

There is a nice pic of him on the CPR website if you see him at a show:

http://www.classicplayfields.com/people.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside