Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 78 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SBM_Backbox_Silverball.jpg
WP_20190911_18_19_26_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_20190910_155532129 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190910_155550259 (resized).jpg
received_497918981037775 (resized).jpeg
received_406864790021696 (resized).jpeg
20190703_195732 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190831_220332741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190831_220301462 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190831_220318086 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
2530074B-C7FA-4235-8444-FC64F37A8DDA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190718_175036 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190508_140620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190508_140602 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190508_140547 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hellfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Another old Bally SS pin or well the narrow body version of Space Invaders anyway.
Have Pics of your machine or stories to tell about this one?
Highest scores?

#2 6 years ago

Heres pis of my SBM Im kinda unsure about its future in my collection.
When i got the machine it was pretty much a broke down POS lamp cord all over the backbox etc the playfield was pretty trashed. so i did some touchups and repairs to make it playable until I got a new CPR PF.
but well now i have the PF etc i think Im going to restore this one and prolly sell after its done.
Its a beautiful game, the art work is fantastic but ive gotten bored with the gameplay.sbm1.jpgsbm2.jpgsbm3.jpgsbm4.jpgsbm5.jpgsbm6.jpg

#4 6 years ago

youre prolly in luck they sell insert decals for this machine that includes a decal that fixes the entire center ball area.
it would be a big improvement for yours.
I just repainted my whole center ball. But now i will just swap the whole playfield out.
Ill see how i still like it once i get it restored its kinda uncertain what ill do with it when its done. i want to do a custom cabinet paint job etc primarily black and white pears instead of the Lt. Blue and White. i think it'll make the machine alot nicer looking.

#6 6 years ago

There were few that sold nice originals for up to $2500 i figure mine when done with high end restore new pf etc i should be able to get 3k.

#8 6 years ago

No mine is not realy on the upper end at all yet i just repainted a bunch of the PF to make it look better mine is dug in around alot of the inserts the playfield was restorable but best to just replace it .
I did buy a new CPR playfield and plastic set for it. my cabinet is worn and needs a repaint as well only thing that is pretty perfect is the backglass.
A big part of doing the touchups was to make it look better temporarily and well just practice more than anything.
I think the playfield and plastic set cost $700 ish with shipping I already have them just need the time to swap them out and paint the cabinet. i have all new sockets posts, etc as well already.
it will be high end when it is done but just a player now.

2 months later
#10 5 years ago

Nice threads jeff

Im going to do add restorations as well to this thread

5 months later
#22 5 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

It's probably not prolly dumbass..........................

Obviously you must be a kid LMAO. But you are only partialy correct prolly is short for probably and normal Australian accent, So realy the problem here is youre uncultured. Since i have dual citizenship in both the US and Australia it is suitable to use an Aussie accent.
Prolly is a common short version for probably used in texting and chatting apps as well such as LOL oops sorry that is wrong better write laugh out loud instead LMAO.
But honestly if you dont have anything to contribute about this machine you should leave this page and not come back.
This is a page for silverball mania owners and fans not the spelling police or trolls.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Boring gameplay , cool artwork.

Yeah youre kinda right my son and I can roll it numberous times each game but it does help to have a fast fresh cleared playfield and do a 7 digit conversion then its pretty decent. The aged OEM examples do play like dogs
SBM is still far better than its wide body twin Space Invaders. This era of Bally 77 to early 80 are basicly SS fitted EM machines. Starting in 1980 with Xenon and Flash Gordon they started thinking outside the box and designing more elaborate games such as Centaur, Medusa, Fathom, Etc.

I hated this machine when i first got it Space Invaders what a heap but after my special clear formula and restoration it ended up being fast as hell to the point the world champs could hardly roll it once. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-space-invaders-playfield-restoration#post-408713 SBM will play much nicer when i restore it these old titles need one thing speed and it makes a day and night difference.

2 years later
#61 3 years ago

Think im selling my silverball mania $850 takes it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 149.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hellfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside