5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pb456
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChiefKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So I’m recently started up my SBM and noticed there was no sound. I poured over the wiring schematic for the sound board and checked the test points on the card. TP 1 should have 11.9 VDC and I am reading 0.55 mVDC. I notice the voltage drop across CR1 is 13 VDC is is the same voltage I was reading at J1 pin 10. I believe this is the driving voltage for U9 which is the driving voltage for the speaker. I am thinking this is why i not getting any sound, however I wanted to get a second opinon that I am on the right track. I want to get this fixed so it can be used in the local pinball show next month. Thanks.

#3 5 years ago

Well upon visual inspection of CR1, nothing appeared abnormal, however when I attempted to desolder it from the board it completely crumbled. So CR1 is definently getting replaced now. I also found that the C15 capacitor that was intalled was rated for a higher voltage that the orginal schematics called for so I’ll replace that as well.

#5 5 years ago

I replaced CR1 and cleaned up the horrible solder job someone had previously done when they replaced C15 and the sound has returned. Yay!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 179.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 22.50
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChiefKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silverball-mania-no-sound-1?tu=ChiefKC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.