Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Shellnekov
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-86.jpg
image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I picked up my first SS recently and have everything working properly except the playfield insert lights never light up. I just changed all bulbs and the 3 coin door lights work the upper playfield GI lights work the backglass lights work and 2 bulbs under the playfield work. As you can see
In the picture the rollover stars light but nothing else. Also the bulbs that light up game over silverball mania match and game over don't seem to work. I don't know if it's related or not but I posted a picture of a button I use to be able to press to add credits and it no longer works either. I have only replaced bulbs and did some back box repairs. Any help is appreciated as I know nothing about SS.image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Do you have 5vdc at tp-1 on the power supply? If not, check F1.
The switch you pictured is a service switch used to test/increment the SILVERBALL feature
In the backglass.

5 years later
#4 5 days ago

I just picked up a Silverball and have same issue. Did anyone ever solve ?

PS. I am a noob at repairs. So dumb it down a tad for me.

#5 4 days ago

There is a problem with the switched illumination. I'm assuming your game is booting up otherwise? Check the 6vDC test point 1 on the rectifier board and see if the game is putting out DC volts for the switched lamps. Then measure the switched lamp bus on the playfield to see if it's getting there. Not unusual for the bridge to be blown or the connector to be burned out.

#6 1 day ago

Was rectifier board , thank you. !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crestview, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bluffton, SC
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Point, UT
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 159.00
$ 22.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside