4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Law
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG2291.jpg
    IMAG2292.jpg
    IMAG2283.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Pinballz Arcade has a custom fake pinball machine with Barenaked Ladies art on premises. The playfield isn't routed as far as I can tell and there don't appear to be any mechs or lights, everything's just bolted to the top. Pretty basic EM layout with what looks to be four KISS pop bumpers with the red triangles (not sure if they were used in other games) in more-or-less the same location as the Stern KISS machine but the faces of the Barenaked ladies guys were printed out on paper and glued on top of the bumpers. The cabinet, playfield translite are custom "silverball" themed and look pretty nice even if the machine is nonfunctional.

Anyone know more about this? Unfortunately the name of the band isn't something I'm going to start Googling at work.

The manager on duty indicated I "shouldn't" take pictures so I'm not posting any here out of courtesy and because if I got kicked out of there permanently... it would suck. They are generally pretty customer-unfriendly. They also indicated that they thought it was for a music video that someone would be shooting there.

#2 4 years ago

Well, at least one person I know seems to be involved with it, since he posted about it on Facebook yesterday....that's about all I know. So I don't know why a Pinballz mgr is telling you to not take pictures. It's pretty simple...if you don't want pictures taken, don't have it out on the floor, DUH.

#3 4 years ago

where is it? i was there yesterday and dint see it.

also from now on i think we should end all posts related to pinballz with the phrase:

pinballz is a shitheap

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

It's pretty simple...if you don't want pictures taken, don't have it out on the floor, DUH.

Agreed. They don't tend to follow that kind of logic though. The higher-up the staff are, the more they despise people that are in there regularly. It's a shame and they've driven away a lot of the local pinheads.

In this case the game isn't actually on the floor though, it's off in a corner behind the desk behind a bunch of other stuff. Still in plain view though.

After looking at the Silverball Pinside announcement thread the translite is definitely the same as what's been posted there.

#5 4 years ago

I'm not sure I've ever had an interaction with ANY of the staff other than lazy looking security guards at the entrance..heh. I may have gotten tokens from someone the first time I was there...but that was about it.

*Edit* Okay, that's a lie. I've talked to Darren many times...sold him games... I guess he counts as "staff" since he owns it?

#6 4 years ago

The Band is once again working with Austin based RoosterTeeth Productions making the video for their next single "Say What you want. It will feature the band performing INSIDE a pinball machine. Darren from Pinballz is a pal of Ed's and generously donated the space for filming.

BTW I'm Ed

#7 4 years ago

I too am Ed.

#8 4 years ago

ed here, reporting in.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

Darren from Pinballz is a pal of Ed's and generously donated the space for filming.

maybe ed could convince darren to finally pay out the cash prizes for the last league. its been like three months and all signs point to being swindled.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from stainedundies:

maybe ed could convince darren to finally pay out the cash prizes for the last league. its been like three months and all signs point to being swindled.

I think "swindled" is a bit strong, more like "no one that works there cares". The people that are owed money are already fed up with Pinballz policies and it's just one more reason to not participate. I don't think that problem is relevant to the mock-up machine though.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

I think "swindled" is a bit strong, more like "no one that works there cares"

i think its spot on. getting the money to the people who were owed it when i hosted was like pulling teeth, and they clearly had no intention of paying up if they werent practically forced to do so. and yes no one who works there cares including the owner, and id be willing to wager that the establishment as a whole had no plans to pay long before the league started yet they still took you guys money.

#12 4 years ago

meanwhile in Buda, ye olde Pinballz Kingdom has a carnival
    the parking lot was full.

IMAG2283.jpg

IMAG2292.jpg

IMAG2291.jpg

#13 4 years ago

the parking lot was full... unlike the seats at that guys concert!!! poor fella.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from stainedundies:

unlike the seats at that guys concert!!! poor fella

Ouch. Yeah, he's got the obligatory one family member or friend... and that's it.

#15 4 years ago

that awesome to see a carnival there!

1 week later
    #16 4 years ago

Story checks out!

#17 4 years ago

Yeap, that's Pinballz alright. I wonder if they left the adjacent DMD games off on purpose due to copyright issues or if it was just overlooked.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 15.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,400.00
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 43.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside