9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by eeperjesi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eeperjesi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I recently caught the pinball bug, and purchased a 1986 Gottlieb Genesis, followed quickly by a 1990 Gottlieb Silver Slugger. I paid almost as much as the machine to have Genesis partially shopped, so before I did the same for silver slugger I joined up here to try to increase my skill set and knowledge base. Please forgive my pinball ignorance but every great pinhead started out right where I am now. I tried to upload a video, but it gave me the common upload id error. Basically, when hitting the ball through either home run spinner when lit and landing in the hole, the display reads mystery and starts counting down from 99 on the top line. The bottom line usually scrolls through the list of bonuses, special, instant multiball, etc. Seemingly at random, but given the nature of electronics and logic random is a particularly impossible word, the top line display will read mystery, count down from 99, but the bottom line will largely be blank, save for the occasional single bonus item scrolling across the display. Usually nothing happens until the top display counts down to the high 30's, then the ball is released and play continues. I am hoping that given my limited knowledge and rather kindergarten description of the problem, someone who has already seen this before can recommend a fix. I doubt I have the skills yet to attempt a fix, but it may save me some money in telling a pinball repair pro where to look.

Thank you for reading,
Eric

1 month later
#3 9 years ago

I have found that a good cleaning of the contacts helps for a while, but I have resigned myself that a new varitarget is probably in my future

#5 9 years ago

I'm terribly sorry. I had two topics on this game that had never received a reply. I did the ground mod on this game and since I did that, I can't remember the mystery problem happening. The vari target issue is a delay between hitting the target and it registering. Cleaning the contacts helped with that. I guess my brain saw such an old topic and my fingers replied before my brain could chime in.

#8 9 years ago

It is much better without that happening. I have a background working with tools, and the ground mod took me about 15 minutes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eeperjesi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silver-slugger-mystery-bonus-question?tu=eeperjesi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.