(Topic ID: 139569)

Silver Castle Timeshock Thread

By flashinstinct

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

timeshock (resized).jpg
    11659429_961919083895164_2804298950849643271_n.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

These guys have been flying under the radar for quite some time and since the Art reveal in June we haven't heard anything about them. Was wodnering if some folks had some info to share?

11659429_961919083895164_2804298950849643271_n.jpg11659429_961919083895164_2804298950849643271_n.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I posted on their FB less than a week ago looking for updates. I have not yet received a reply.

2 months later
    #3 8 years ago

I would like some new info as well. What we have seen so far looks amazing and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous. Hopefully they will be able to get everything to work and make it feel like the game and we will have an absolute winner. The ruleset is one of the best in pinball too, I'd say its on par with the deep Keefer games like LOTR, TSPP and WOZ.

But this complete lack of news is very disconcerting.

#4 8 years ago

I hope we hear some news on this as well love the virtual table.

#5 8 years ago

I'm sure they are hard at work, there's a lot to see if you search the web.

I think they're smart for not posting too much until it's perfect, making pinball is hard as we all know. So maybe they are working out the development. And they are also working hard to get all of the digital versions out as well.

It's a model we have not seen yet... Digital before physical, maybe silver castle has a good plan in place with this method

1 year later
    #6 6 years ago

i was told, the new prototype playfield is finished and clearcoated.
    They are waiting for some parts to arrive and then the next prototype game will be assembled.
    so, the project seems to be still alive.

1 week later
    #7 6 years ago

That's great news!

1 month later
    #8 6 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

i was told, the new prototype playfield is finished and clearcoated.
    They are waiting for some parts to arrive and then the next prototype game will be assembled.
    so, the project seems to be still alive.

Yup.

#9 6 years ago

Awwwwww yeaaaaaah!

8 months later
    #10 6 years ago

Timeshock seems to have disappeared into a time vortex into which there is no escape

#12 6 years ago

Not surprised, after having followed their Facebook for more than two years.

Spent the time shock savings on a sw le last August. Best decision ever!

#13 6 years ago

It would be interesting to at least see a prototype, of Timeshock. Possibly getting the wiring correct to match the play of the video game, could be tough.

#14 6 years ago

Pinball is hard... these guys are doing all of this on their spare time, just restoring a game takes a lot of time, much less time than building one from scratch... some people or companies are just slower, it’s not their top priority. Life gets in the way. No worries, it will come.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

It would be interesting to at least see a prototype, of Timeshock. That moving time machine part that drops below the playfield would be really hard to execute to match the play of the video game.

That's not Timeshock - that's Fantastic Journey.

#16 6 years ago

Everybody on the internet seems to be off chasing whatever machine is flavor of the day. I have money locked and loaded for Timeshock and I keep a good thought for those struggling to make this a reality.

#17 6 years ago

Money saved as well here for TimeShock.

#18 6 years ago

Problem is, even if they finally sort all the mechs and electronics, I suspect they'll have to rethink the display. That will take time and money.

Wasn't it going to be a bog standard red / orange dot DMD with the game's original dots?

The goalposts have moved pretty significantly since they first started this project or thought about it.

#19 6 years ago

Since they went ahead and created an updated backglass (to go along with the side art), why not color in the dots as well?

Spoke to Pieter on the DPO last november, they are still working on it. Just not as fast as we would all hope, but as stated, they all have daytime jobs as well.

1 month later
    #20 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Problem is, even if they finally sort all the mechs and electronics, I suspect they'll have to rethink the display. That will take time and money.
    Wasn't it going to be a bog standard red / orange dot DMD with the game's original dots?
    The goalposts have moved pretty significantly since they first started this project or thought about it.

What's the problem with having an old school DMD?

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from insx:

What's the problem with having an old school DMD?

Depends on the price of the game.

#22 5 years ago

Any updates on the happenings of TimeShock?

#23 5 years ago

Still being worked on.

1 week later
    #25 5 years ago

Their light board approach is certainly different.

Not sure how much money they'll save on PCBs when I'd assume it'll take longer to wire and assemble .... but on the plus side, failed light boards should cost a pittance to replace.

timeshock (resized).jpgtimeshock (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silver-castle-timeshock-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.