New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29223)

"SILVER BULLET" - Custom Conversion Game

By Silver_Bullet

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by paulywalnuts23
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
Bullet-Holderman-04.jpg
Silver_Bullet.jpg
IMG_3938.jpg
kick.jpg
IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_1270.jpg
IMG_1598.jpg
Silver-Bullet-Award.jpg
photo-40.JPG
IMG_6696.JPG
IMG_6807.jpg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Congrats! It was awesome, well deserved. : )

#52 5 years ago

Holy crap, I forgot about this conversion. Congrats on the award!

#53 5 years ago

This game was a stunner. Congrats on the win. IMG_1598.JPG

#55 5 years ago

Definitely one of my all time favorite game conversions. Pity a kit was never made, would love to see this game come to life in some way some day!

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Looks great Mark.
Here is a link to the process of the playfields.Quite a bit more involved than just clearing.Definetly one of the more stress full jobs I have taken in because of all the unknowns at the begining .
Swapping inserts,stripping playfields,smoothing them, eliminating edges and brush marks,retouching etc.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album434
Christopher Hutchins

I have a question here, was the playfield prepared by you, then sent back to be painted, and then mailed back for clear coating?

#57 5 years ago

All of your compliments are sincerely appreciated!!

Quoted from futurepinhead:

I have a question here, was the playfield prepared by you, then sent back to be painted, and then mailed back for clear coating?

The playfield was sent to Chris Hutchins for the initial prep and clearcoat, then mailed to Brian Holderman to be hand-painted, and then sent back to Chris for the final clearcoat. The finished playfield was then shipped to me for assembly.

#58 5 years ago

Is that the prodigy young Rosa I see??

#59 5 years ago

Those who like the artwork can buy a screened back glass directly from the artist. http://bholderman.bigcartel.com/product/silver-bullet-backglass

#60 5 years ago

If that game ever goes up for sale, I'm first in line!

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Is that the prodigy young Rosa I see??

it is

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

If that game ever goes up for sale, I'm first in line!

I'll arm wrestle you for it Robert! Silver Bullet belongs with my Classic Bally collection!

IMG_0291.JPG

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I'll arm wrestle you for it Robert! Silver Bullet belongs with my Classic Bally collection!
Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideIMG_0291.JPG

What a beauty of a collection. The longer I'm in the hobby the more your lineup looks like a grail than the DMD era does.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

What a beauty of a collection. The longer I'm in the hobby the more your lineup looks like a grail than the DMD era does.

Thank you very much and just know that I am collecting these for that exact reason. I do love some DMD games, but I am a much happier person with this classic collection.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Quoted from MrBellMan:

Thank you very much and just know that I am collecting these for that exact reason. I do love some DMD games, but I am a much happier person with this classic collection.

See, some people don't get it, see my simpler game thread, but this era is just full of amazing gameplay.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It belongs in a museum!

"No Dr. Jones, you do!"

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

See, some people don't get it, see my simpler game thread, but this era is just full of amazing gameplay.

Exactly! But to each their own...

#69 5 years ago

Great machine. I got to play it during replayfx and the artwork is really fantastic.

#70 5 years ago

Is there any video of this machine in action? Love it so much i bought the T-shirt a couple years back!

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Those who like the artwork can buy a screened back glass directly from the artist. http://bholderman.bigcartel.com/product/silver-bullet-backglass

Looks like I have a new piece of glass to order for the basement walls.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

Silver Bullet won the "Best in Show - Re-Theme" award at the Replay FX show this past weekend in Pittsburgh! Silver-Bullet-Award.jpg

Very well deserved, it looked absolutely amazing.

#73 5 years ago

I know its been said before, but there really should be a kit for this. Let me pay you my money.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Is there any video of this machine in action? Love it so much i bought the T-shirt a couple years back!

It is a converted Bally Mata Hari...so that's the exact ruleset and playfield layout. Playfield is smooth as glass and stunning in person.

#75 5 years ago

The thing was super amazing in person... I HAD to buy the Backglass at ReplayFX - lit up with the moon, super cool... Joe from Kickback Café is a super dude too - If you are in Pittsburgh go visit their pinball / café... I couldn't get there manning the booth at the show, but from what I hear the floor is painted like you are in a pinball machine.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Looks like I have a new piece of glass to order for the basement walls.

Very cool. It looks like the artist also sells a custom backbox for back lighting too. Are there any pictures?

#78 5 years ago

That's really great and a true piece of art. Fantastic job and congratulations on the win!

2 weeks later
#79 5 years ago

I bought one of the last few backglasses, I think there are less than 10 left out of the edition of 25. Man, it's just stunning in person. If you're looking for a piece of unique and bad ass gameroom art I recommend you jump on this before they're all snatched up!

http://bholderman.bigcartel.com/product/silver-bullet-backglass

It's just so refreshing to see real screened art instead of dithered photoshop in this modern era. I've gotta figure out how to mount it so I can light it up, but the bigger problem is where to hang the dang thing, short on space. I'll find room though, it's too bad ass to not show up.

Plus Brian Holderman is well knows in the pinball world for his slick PAPA t-shirts, so the pinball connection has a great backstory. He did some posters for Stern too, not sure what ever happened to those, did they ever go up for sale?

Silver Bullet

#80 5 years ago

Also, just saying, if anyone offered this game as a kit or better yet a full on original game I'd be so all over it. Just looks incredible.

#81 5 years ago

Would love to see a game play video!!!

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Would love to see a game play video!!!

I'm sure it would look cool, but it's just going to play like a Mahti Hari, there aren't any new rules that I know of. Unless I'm wrong!

#83 5 years ago

I played this at Pinburgh, just an incredible artwork package, I wish there was a full kit sold to transform another Mata Hari into this. I would be all over it for sure...

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

I played this at Pinburgh, just an incredible artwork package, I wish there was a full kit sold to transform another Mata Hari into this. I would be all over it for sure...

Grab one of the last backglasses while you can in the meantime!

#85 5 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous...I'd sign up for a conversion kit in a heartbeat! Congrats on the worthy win!

#86 5 years ago

It doesn't play like Mata Hari in the sense that it's clearcoated slick as an ice rink. Feels more like a Recel game in that way.

#87 5 years ago

I'd love a conversion kit with different playfield art than the backglass.

Maybe some tombstone drops and spooky 8 bit music?

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I bought one of the last few backglasses, I think there are less than 10 left out of the edition of 25. Man, it's just stunning in person. If you're looking for a piece of unique and bad ass gameroom art I recommend you jump on this before they're all snatched up!
http://bholderman.bigcartel.com/product/silver-bullet-backglass
It's just so refreshing to see real screened art instead of dithered photoshop in this modern era.

Stoked you are happy with the glass Aurich! The backglass looks way better in person than a photograph can capture.

Quoted from Aurich:

Plus Brian Holderman is well knows in the pinball world for his slick PAPA t-shirts, so the pinball connection has a great backstory. He did some posters for Stern too, not sure what ever happened to those, did they ever go up for sale?

Not sure about the posters, but I do know the Stern store is selling shirts and hoodies with Brian Holderman's art:

http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=5243534

http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=5243535

#89 5 years ago

How did you paint the cabinet artwork? Did you make stencils?

Silver Bullet.jpg

#90 5 years ago

Stoked you are happy with the glass Aurich! The glass looks way better in person than a photograph can capture.

Definitely, way better in person than in photos.

#91 5 years ago

Silver Bullet.jpg

Yes, there are photos out there of the process.Bullet-Holderman-04.jpg

#92 5 years ago

Silver Bullet.jpg

Aurich beat me too it - Brian hand-cut the stencils!

#93 5 years ago

Aurich beat me too it - Brian hand-cut the stencils!

Wow! The amount of work that went into this game is just amazing.

#94 5 years ago

Wow! The amount of work that went into this game is just amazing.

Thanks Robert! Tons of work that does not show, like the custom lightboard and harness.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Grab one of the last backglasses while you can in the meantime!

Went back & forth deciding between "Silver Bullet" & "Luther's Vendetta", ended up going w/ Luther ...image.jpg

#96 5 years ago

Wow.
Perfect.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Went back & forth deciding between "Silver Bullet" & "Luther's Vendetta", ended up going w/ Luther ...image.jpg

Boobies!

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

You kind of can't lose really. I've been in more of an early solid state mood lately than an EM mood, so it was an easy decision to grab Silver Bullet. Plus the horror theme is so right up my alley. But the Luther's Vendetta art is awesome.

#99 5 years ago

Luther's Vendetta is my favorite custom game ever. Didn't think I'd ever see it in person, so I was happily surprised to see it at Pinburgh.

And I was pretty tempted to buy Freak Out at Pinburgh. It's too bad Doozie isn't that fun to begin with, though.

#100 5 years ago

I wish I was as talented as that. I would love to do an EM retheme

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 170.96
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 27.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 7.95
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 159.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 115.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Habos Arcade
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside