8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by yzfguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I visited the Silver Ball Museum in Asbury Park, NJ this morning with my 13 year old boy. The place was completely empty, giving us access to every one of the games. Spent about 3 hours there and introduced my son to many of what the community considers the "best" games of all time. This wasn't my first trip here, but my son had never been there. He spent 3 hours playing games like MM, TOM, IJ, AFM, etc. etc. The game he spent the most time on happened to be AFM. It was amazing to see that "look" in his eyes while he played that game. This was not his first "brush" with pinball either. I have a couple of games and we also have access to some newer Sterns and many of the classic Williams titles, but this was the first time I saw him become deeply immersed in any game pushing the start button over and over as I made my round on the numerous other games. I find it very interesting how everyone latches on to a particular favorite. Some of those games considered good, and some "ugly", by the "community" As we all know AFM is considered one of the best, and my boy has validated that thought in his own mind, as many have before him...

#2 8 years ago

Good to see the younger generation enjoying pinball. Exactly what the hobby needs.

#3 8 years ago

The AFM at silverball plays well. I like their safecracker.

#4 8 years ago

I played their MM a bunch and put some time on Scared Stiif- helping me make the decision to pick up a Scared Stiff for home I like their variety of games, my kids got to try some older games and some newer ones I will probably never have.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silver-ball-museumasbury-park-nj-my-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.