(Topic ID: 105393)

Silhouette Cameo Pinball Restorers Club!

By Curbfeeler

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 782 posts
  • 116 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20231107_042527356~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230921_055327649 (resized).jpg
    20240320_073552 (resized).jpg
    20240320_073555 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9229 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20240111_073600 (resized).jpg
    20240111_073544 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
    20231222_175840 (resized).jpg
    20231225_164155 (resized).jpg
    20231221_064244 (resized).jpg
    20231222_135003 (resized).jpg
    20231222_134953 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gawlicd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#382 4 years ago

What type of paint (enamel,Acrylic water etc) are you using for playfield stencil work. I've tried airbrushing water thinned craft acrylics on glass before and had little bubbles pop up. Looked funny.
    I am trying to learn this stencil and cutter stuff. Really cool thread. Thanks everyone.

#385 4 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I will look into createx I'm not lazy, just old and with all the info on this site, it is easy to get side tracked. Lol I wish this was around years ago, only had a user group alt.something back then.

4 weeks later
    #393 4 years ago

Thanks, I will certaintly use all the info you have given me. Going to order cutter and createx if I can get it shipped with corona issues. Just need to find clear coat to seal playfield before stencil apply.

#394 4 years ago

Paint, varathane and portable spray booth ordered. Just need to decide on cutter, cameo or us cutter. This will keep me from obsessing about corona. Hope all in this forum are healthy as well.

#396 4 years ago

Point taken. I'm still on the fence. I dont know if that USCutter brand and software is comparable to Cameo. I do have cabinets to repaint also with complete play fields too.

#398 4 years ago

Ordered uscutter 28 sc2 and some oramask stencil. Wanted the cameo pro but not available yet.

#401 4 years ago

Another question, I ordered varathane spray can for clear to seal playfield before and during stenciling. Does this stuff yellow if I use as top coat? Vids guide suggests 2 part auto clear, but it is an older thread and paint compositions might be better now.

#403 4 years ago

Thanks, I read quite a bit of that thread. After carefull consideration and the fact I'm redoing and retheming woodrails, a little yellowing might be welcomed. More realistic or antiqued if you will. I will post my work progress.

#404 4 years ago

Just thought of another current issue I would have if I used 2 part clear at this time (March, 28th,2020). I would not be able to buy paint respirator anywhere.

2 weeks later
    #408 4 years ago

I received my USCutter SC2 28in cutter last week. There are some initial assembly and start up problems.

1. Screws for the roller guides on the stand were not the right thread.
    I had to re tap 6 holes for screws that I had available.

2. Growling upon powerup. Cutter carriage kept trying to move past right side of machine stop and would not home.
    Support phone number on website is disconnected. Website support had me remove side covers and top rail and inspect homing switch. It was ok, then I noticed the cutter carriage was not seated properly in slide rails. Must have dislodged during shipping or was not assembled correctly to begin with. The website did explain reseating of this by inserting top carriage nylon rollers into guide rail then lifting the assembly up as they are spring loaded to allow to seat the bottom 2 rollers. Put it back together, powered up and it homed OK. Phew.

3. The Vinyl Master software becomes unresponsive and locks up.
    I had learned that you need to give it time to respond to keystrokes or button presses to keep it from locking up. Maybe my computer is inadequate but I am running windows 10 64 bit.

4. Communication setup is wacked in my opinion. The unit comes with a usb cable but you cannot select usb communications when setting it up even though it is a selection.
    You must follow the instruction book and select serial communication even with the usb cable.

5. Some times you need to press the local/pause switch a few times to get it to change modes (basically online offline option) The switch does work as I can here the stepper motor turn on or off, but the lcd menu doesn't always change.

It is a nice looking machine and affordable but I wasn't expecting these problems out of the box. I did do a test cut and it worked. Now I just have to learn how to create stencils with it. lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gawlicd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silhouette-cameo-pinball-restorers-club?tu=gawlicd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.