I received my USCutter SC2 28in cutter last week. There are some initial assembly and start up problems.
1. Screws for the roller guides on the stand were not the right thread.
I had to re tap 6 holes for screws that I had available.
2. Growling upon powerup. Cutter carriage kept trying to move past right side of machine stop and would not home.
Support phone number on website is disconnected. Website support had me remove side covers and top rail and inspect homing switch. It was ok, then I noticed the cutter carriage was not seated properly in slide rails. Must have dislodged during shipping or was not assembled correctly to begin with. The website did explain reseating of this by inserting top carriage nylon rollers into guide rail then lifting the assembly up as they are spring loaded to allow to seat the bottom 2 rollers. Put it back together, powered up and it homed OK. Phew.
3. The Vinyl Master software becomes unresponsive and locks up.
I had learned that you need to give it time to respond to keystrokes or button presses to keep it from locking up. Maybe my computer is inadequate but I am running windows 10 64 bit.
4. Communication setup is wacked in my opinion. The unit comes with a usb cable but you cannot select usb communications when setting it up even though it is a selection.
You must follow the instruction book and select serial communication even with the usb cable.
5. Some times you need to press the local/pause switch a few times to get it to change modes (basically online offline option) The switch does work as I can here the stepper motor turn on or off, but the lcd menu doesn't always change.
It is a nice looking machine and affordable but I wasn't expecting these problems out of the box. I did do a test cut and it worked. Now I just have to learn how to create stencils with it. lol