4b9142a2-5418-4d60-af09-e328c5f04230.jpg
1186474_o.gif
image.jpg
booba_fett2.jpg
booba_fett.jpg
leia.jpg
damn!.jpg
stormtrooper-topless.jpg
There are 982 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.
#651 11 years ago

....or has he???!!!

1 account,2 account , 3 account , it's like a star war nonexistent
it's just a dreamer

image.jpgimage.jpg

#652 11 years ago

Well darn, my prediction at the top of page 13 failed to materialize. No return of the op. Worse still we lost the epic tagging. Perhaps page 14 will see op's glorious return.

#653 11 years ago

In a galaxy far far away, lived this thread.

Our hero living on planet earth hopes to sell the one pin the , one pin to rule them all, one to bind them and one to sign them.

In another part there lived Darth Clay destroyer of words and eater of hair. Hoping to destroy our heroes dreams of selling the one pin on eBay, what will happen to our hero, will Clay continue his mad quest for power domination and pubic hair eating ? Only obi won Neo know the true meaning of this thread .

Someone should make a meme or cartoon from this thread or share on reddit. It's that good, be proud pinsiders you are sick and twisted and I love it.

I can't wait for the sequel thread to this, best thread ever.

#655 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

sell or do not sell......there is no sale.

HAHAHAH! I told you pinside only one will know true meaning of thread, help me Obi One Neo you are pinside only hope!

#656 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

HAHAHAH i told only one will know true meaning of thread, help me Obi One Neo you are pinside only hope!

Hey, i'm not taking credit for this ship going down in flames.

#657 10 years ago

I've got a bad feeling about this one...

The account (funfreak0_0) that bought the pin looks really suspicious. The visible item purchase history includes a Star Wars game manual, but the other item is a cheap iPhone case. Item history after 90 days is hidden, but it does show who the items were purchased from: "phonelicious" (I'm guessing more cheap iPhone cases and accessories), "meidy" (brand name perfumes and colognes), "makeupexpress4" (more makeup), and the list goes on. The account (funfreak0_0) didn't have any activity since Sept 1st 2012 until it made an iPhone case purchase and then the pinball game manual and Pinball game. Internet Thieves can either hack a legitimate account that's no longer being used by the original owner or create a new account and buy/sell "trinkets" (or even fake/buy sell between fake/hacked accounts) to bolster their "ebay rating/feedback".

I hope the kid didn't get screwed with the cashiers check. At best, he's out his prized Star Wars pin. At worst, he fell for the part of the scam where the buyer writes out the fake check for a higher amount and asks you to send your real money to his account (for those that don't know: his check bounces, and he takes your remitted money and runs). If he really got screwed, his parents could really be upset with him and taken away his internet privileges.

I'm pretty sure 'Nodda57' is the dad's ebay account, which the son also uses. There's also a more sensitive side that I don't necessarily want to go into, but it seems like this kid is taking a lot of abuse. We're talking about a kid that's about 16 years old and has a physical handicap (MD) that prevents him doing a lot of the stuff that you and I take for granted.

Remember what you were like when you were 16 and cut the kid some slack. Assuming the ebay deal went south, he's probably in a heap of trouble with his parents. He hasn't logged in since April 15th 2012. If everything was OK, I bet he'd be chiming in on many of the ACDC threads as a proud new owner of a great game. For his sake, I hope it was a legitimate buyer...

I'll respect the young mans privacy and relative anonymity by not posting any links, but I've seen his picture with Mark Hamill on the internet, so I have no doubt that the translite signatures are authentic. He's also a HUGE star wars fan!

#658 10 years ago

Maybe you should read the entire thread again? Also, when did the OP say he had MD?

#659 10 years ago
Quoted from postermen:

Maybe you should read the entire thread again? Also, when did the OP say he had MD?

He didn't. He said the following:

Quoted from pinballwizardz:

Brent149 that whole fool thing was uncalled for at least I'm trying to give back to my dad who deserves a cool new AC/DC. I am unable to work due to my disability and can hardly even move anything but my arms at this point. But I'm selling my pinball which I love to get some money to give my dad something that he will love. You know sorry for trying brent149 bite me.

The rest is available on the internet if you know what to Google for.

It doesn't make sense to try to tie the purchase history for the second ebay account (funfreak0_0) to his father, when his father's ebay account is 'Nodda57' and is attached to other forum/website accounts where his father's name/address/occupation/picture is listed. I have my doubts that his father is 'funfreak0_0' and is purchasing beauty supplies and cell phone accessories on ebay.

An inebriated poster claimed to have "busted" this kid, and everyone picked up their pitchforks and ran with it.

Unfortunately I think the kid fell for the classic ebay/craigslist check kiting scam.

#660 10 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

It doesn't make sense to try to tie the purchase history for the second ebay account (funfreak0_0) to his father, when his father's ebay account is 'Nodda57' and is attached to other forum/website accounts where his father's name/address/occupation/picture is listed. I have my doubts that his father is 'funfreak0_0' and is purchasing beauty supplies and cell phone accessories on ebay.
An inebriated poster claimed to have "busted" this kid, and everyone picked up their pitchforks and ran with it.
Unfortunately I think the kid fell for the classic ebay/craigslist check kiting scam.

I can't speak for everyone here, but I hope your wrong. I would hate to see anyone get ripped. I would much rather find out that he was messing with us then someone ripping him off. At any rate Pinballwizardz has become a favorite pinsider by many. Most of us would like to see him come back....comedy or not.

#661 10 years ago

Red rover, red rover, let Pinballwizardz come over...
Man, that kid is a folk hero if he returns and swims pridefully in the sea of sarcasm, pinside drama, and pure comedy he created. A national OP hunt should begin in ernest. Bring back Pinballwizardz and bring back much laughter and smiles for everyone.

#662 10 years ago

Remember what you were like when you were 16 and cut the kid some slack. Assuming the ebay deal went south, he's probably in a heap of trouble with his parents.

That was a buzzkill....

Thanks for posting it.

I hope you're wrong, though.

#663 10 years ago

^^^

not much of a buzzkill... if it did play out that way, he learned a valuable lesson...

sorry, i don't buy handicaps as an excuse for being an idiot... my grandmother was paralyzed by polio and never walked again, but she didn't look at it as an "excuse" to be a fool...

#664 10 years ago

oops!

deswmeme.jpgdeswmeme.jpg

#665 10 years ago

The purchase of the manual was prob. for their game. I am sorry if the boy has issues but who knows with all the lies. Also wonder what his age is, if 16 im also sorry, but if 20 not so sure.

#666 10 years ago

The only thing we have really learned about the OP from this thread, and previous threads is that he is not an very forthright person. There may not even be a son, just a second account.

In our local politics, it is common for people to create several accounts on message forums and talk to themselves...winning arguments, playing martyr, all sorts of nonsense. It is funny to go back and look once a moderator shows the IP addresses.

#667 10 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

The only thing we have really learned about the OP from this thread, and previous threads is that he is not an very forthright person. There may not even be a son, just a second account.

Catfish anyone?

#669 10 years ago

If this is the case then I still have no sympathy because everyone warned him about the cashier's check scam in real time while it was happening and while there was opportunity to stop it.

#670 10 years ago
Quoted from ButtonMash:

If this is the case then I still have no sympathy because everyone warned him about the cashier's check scam in real time while it was happening and while there was opportunity to stop it.

I hope I'm wrong too!

I hope he didn't get screwed out of his prized DESWSE (Signature Edition!) by some douchEbay scammer.

But the purchase history/activity for that ebay account that bought his machine is very suspicious. Not to mention, the buyer paying well over a reasonable price on the machine.

I too wish he would have listened to the cautionary posts about accepting cashier's checks, but I'll give him a bit of a break for being an overzealous 16 year old kid. It wasn't that long ago that I was a 16 year old kid too, so I can cut him some slack for that.

#671 10 years ago

The sale is real. This guy bought it

#672 10 years ago

how do we know he is 16?

#673 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

» YouTube video

Wow all that with a golf ball retriever....

#674 10 years ago

how do we know he is 16?

I guess we don't. He's never stated his age, but his posts and behavior don't lead me to believe that he is an adult.

I did find a couple of forums/websites that showed his name/age/picture and similar information for his father.

I'm pretty sure he's 16 (or thereabouts). I'm confident enough to wager that I'll eat my armpit hair (and post a picture) if I'm wrong. Now is that what we're still here to see? A grown man eating his body hair...

1346083737920_954266.png1346083737920_954266.png

#675 10 years ago

I guess we don't. He's never stated his age, but his posts and behavior don't lead me to believe that he is an adult.

This place is full of 16 year olds then...self included.

#676 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

This place is full of 16 year olds then...self included.

i'm even less mature than that...

never having kids meant never having to grow up...

#677 10 years ago
Quoted from ButtonMash:

if he got scammed, all the better...

he came and asked for advice...

he got it from some very wise heads (myself DEFINITELY not included in the "wise" part)...

he basically told them "f u"...

so he has to learn the hard way...

zero sympathy if he got scammed... none whatsoever...

#678 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

» YouTube video

If that was a real lightsaber, he would have lost both hands and about 50lbs.

If someone gets scammed in this day and age, they arn't very observant. We all talk about the Nigerian scammers on a regular basis and have been for the past 8 years. I don't know of anyone that hasn't heard or received emails on a daily basis from these guys. If you fall for their crap now, your just an idiot.

#679 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

if he got scammed, all the better...he came and asked for advice...he got it from some very wise heads (myself DEFINITELY not included in the "wise" part)...he basically told them "f u"...so he has to learn the hard way...zero sympathy if he got scammed... none whatsoever...

His fault if he didnt listen to people. I don't know anywho who has ever fell for the Nigerian scams and he was warned here about it.

#680 10 years ago

if he got scammed, all the better...
he came and asked for advice...
he got it from some very wise heads (myself DEFINITELY not included in the "wise" part)...
he basically told them "f u"...
so he has to learn the hard way...
zero sympathy if he got scammed... none whatsoever...

Did you really need to give me all the downvotes?

You kind of come off like someone who takes pride in other's misfortune...

I-believe-in-karma.jpgI-believe-in-karma.jpg

#681 10 years ago

^^^

i guess i didn't "need" to...

that being said, nah, i'm certainly not that type of person... if anything, people who know me accuse me of being too empathetic...

i AM the type of person though who doesn't suffer fools gladly though... and when someone asks for advice, is given it, and goes and does something stupid anyway, then yes, i don't mind if they get what they deserve... and yes, i'll admit that i get satisfaction if they get their comeuppance...

#682 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

» YouTube video

yeah but he soon upgraded

#683 10 years ago

i was buzzed when i posted it, but I wasn't inebriated when I read his post. if you follow the trail and his comments it leads to him being the seller and his dad being the buyer. it seems this way because i contacted the BUYER about the purchase price. The SELLER, Pinballwizard, asked why am i contacting his father? The only way he could know that I was contacting the BUYER is if funfreak0_0 is also his own account or his fathers account. Either way, it results in a fraudulent result/sale. Until he returns (why did I just hear Rafiki say "The King has returned"?) we won't know what his explanation of "why are trying to contact my dad?"

#684 10 years ago
Quoted from dito:

if you follow the trail and his comments it leads to him being the seller and his dad being the buyer. it seems this way because i contacted the BUYER about the purchase price. The SELLER, Pinballwizard, asked why am i contacting his father? The only way he could know that I was contacting the BUYER is if funfreak0_0 is also his own account or his fathers account. Either way, it results in a fraudulent result/sale.

From what I've managed to google...

The eBay account 'nodda57' belongs to the dad. It's a username he's used on other forums/websites. It's also his username for his email account.

I doubt that the eBay account 'funfreak0_0' belongs to either the dad or his son (Pinballwizardz) unless of course one of them is fond of purchasing perfume and phone accessories on eBay. That's usually the buy/sell history for a hijacked/fake eBay account that is trying to bolster it's eBay transaction Rating.

Quoted from dito:

Until he returns (why did I just hear Rafiki say "The King has returned"?) we won't know what his explanation of "why are trying to contact my dad?"

I guess we won't know unless he returns... it's kind of odd that he just disappeared a week ago.

A couple of other things seem odd to me:

1) He said he was purchasing the ACDC for his dad. I have my doubts about a dealer selling an NIB pinball to a 16 year old without any parent intervention.

2) The SW pin was pictured being sent out for delivery. I have my doubts that a shipper would take something with that little amount of packaging. I also have my doubts about his parents just letting their machine go without any intervention or questions for their son on where it was headed and where the cash payment was.

Oh well... we might never know.

#685 10 years ago

Question about the check fraud part.. Given a lot of machines are sent all over the place, what do you all accept as payment as a seller? Do you take cashiers but sit on it 2 weeks / try to verify legitimacy or is there just a better mechanism out there (cash is king but more for local transactions)

#686 10 years ago

Quoted from scottc:

how do we know he is 16?

1) He said he was purchasing the ACDC for his dad. I have my doubts about a dealer selling an NIB pinball to a 16 year old without any parent intervention.

How old is he again?.....

#687 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Question about the check fraud part.. Given a lot of machines are sent all over the place, what do you all accept as payment as a seller? Do you take cashiers but sit on it 2 weeks / try to verify legitimacy or is there just a better mechanism out there (cash is king but more for local transactions)

Doing business here on pinside with reputable posters helps. Small community here and many people know each other. If you sell on Craigslist or whatever you are simply exposed to greater risk.

#688 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I have used cash, bank checks, personal checks (made sure it cleared first) and coconuts.

#689 10 years ago

I keep guns nearby & only deal in cash

No way I'd ship a pin to a stranger with just a check

I did one long distance deal but the dude checked out fine & it was a paypal transaction

#690 10 years ago

^^^

Stay on topic guys, your going to derail this thread.

#691 10 years ago

^^^
Stay on topic guys, your going to derail this thread.

LOL!!!!!

Soul_Asalum.jpegSoul_Asalum.jpeg

#692 10 years ago

I think it's quite possible the OP got scammed. I could try to explain, but since nothing else in this thread makes any damn sense, Im not gonna bother. I really would like the OP to return so we could have closure, or continuation, of this debacle. But I don't think it's going to happen.

Im going back to helping OJ search for the real killers.

#693 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I think it's quite possible the OP got scammed. I could try to explain, but since nothing else in this thread makes any damn sense, Im not gonna bother. I really would like the OP to return so we could have closure, or continuation, of this debacle. But I don't think it's going to happen.
Im going back to helping OJ search for the real killers.

I agree with theory. OP get scammed. Lost his machine and the money. Probably never toreturn, sadly (as he has become a comedy hero on pinside and doesn't even know it). This thread may have ran it's course. If OP isn't back by this coming weekend I think he is gone for good.

#694 10 years ago

If the OP doesn't return, we will forever be wondering what happened ...

And the thread will have ....

image.jpgimage.jpg

Jumped the shark!!

rd.

#695 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree with theory. OP get scammed. Lost his machine and the money. Probably never toreturn, sadly (as he has become a comedy hero on pinside and doesn't even know it). This thread may have ran it's course. If OP isn't back by this coming weekend I think he is gone for good.

I still think dito is correct. The OP wouldn't have know he was scammed for awhile. When dito accused him of using his dad's account the OP would have replied with something along the lines of "dito is an idiot", or have another lame excuse.

I would also like to throw out here (though not seriously) that guyincognito is somehow related to the OP since he seems to know more about him than anyone else here.

#696 10 years ago

I plan on holding a candlelight vigil with friends in Houston this weekend for the young man:

Light a candle, play this song, and just hope with all your heart that OP has his ruby red slippers on...
Baby come back b/c there's no place like home.

#697 10 years ago
Quoted from postermen:

I still think dito is correct. The OP wouldn't have know he was scammed for awhile. When dito accused him of using his dad's account the OP would have replied with something along the lines of "dito is an idiot", or have another lame excuse.
I would also like to throw out here (though not seriously) that guyincognito is somehow related to the OP since he seems to know more about him than anyone else here.

I was thinking that too.... He could be the OP....You know the OP is 16 right?

#698 10 years ago

Mystery, passion, teenagers, anger, cloak and dagger, heroes, spies, fake identities, fans...

This thread has it all. Next Hollywood movie?
All we miss are our beloved tags that disappeared...

#699 10 years ago

All our tags are not belong to us.

rd.

#700 10 years ago

I am finding it hard to believe the OP got scammed.

1st. His alleged collection is worth over 20k. If he really is a 16 yr old kid then his parents have decent jobs.

2nd. If he really has a handicap, I find it hard to believe his parents would let him sell machines worth thousands of dollars on eBay with no supervision.

3rd. If he really did get that fake check, that his parents didn't make him wait a few weeks for it to clear.

4th. He said he needed to sell the machine to buy the Ac/Dc premium yet the premium arrived well before he was paid for the DESW. Which means this kid has over 6k laying around to blow on a pinball machine (unless his TMNT sold for 5k somehow).

5th. Maybe the OP is a mod messing with us and deleting all the sweet, sweet tags. And if he not a mod, I vote he is allowed to become one.

It is 7am and I am thinking to hard. Feel free to keep the train rolling and come up with a 6th, 7th, 8th, etc.

Viva la pinballwizardz!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 169.00
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 982 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/signed-de-star-wars-estimated-value/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.