(Topic ID: 46802)

Sigh: If Stern HAD to make another music pin- why not a pick a popular group?

By lowepg

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bruce_springsteen,_Bangin_the_Pleasure.jpg
    blacksabbath-.jpg
    black-sabbath-13-650-430.jpg
    we-are-bad-asses.jpg
    The_Clash2.jpg
    butcher-cover-beatles.jpeg
    There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

I'll take a ZZ Top Pin thanks! There tracks are all way closer to ball times in pins anyway.

Great. I do like the zz top theme on hs2 and do like some songs from them but not a overall fan

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Biggest band in the world, guys. Says it right here

Mogwai! Now that would be an odd pin.

#103 11 years ago

I think ZZ Top would be a logical next pin for Stern. Stern obviously does some market research before embarking on an expensive endeavor like manufacturing a pin. Metallica was a guaranteed winner just like AC/DC was.

Music themed pins are almost always going to be worth more than they would be as a non-music release because of the dual value of them. They have the normal value of a pinball machine but in addition they are also a piece of rock & roll history so consumers that would not normally buy a pin might buy a music themed one just for the collectability factor.

Whether you like the band or not, you really can't lose in the long run buying or investing in one of these type pins as long as the band has the mass appeal. In addition to the 100+ million record sales, Metallica is also in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame which is an indication that they have amassed a significant following over the course of their career.

#104 11 years ago

Pink Foyd- The band went on with out Roger, despite his efforts to stop them. One of the other members later died. Gilmour hates Waters. I can't see a pin coming out with the band the way the fans remember. A heavily themed one with no band member pictures could be done really well, but ain't gonna happen.

Led Zeppelin- I can't see it. Go to the zeppelin Wiki and look at these guys net worth. Even JPJ is a gozillionaire. Why go to the licensing fight and headache when they do t get along well enough to play together. I miss Zeppelin.

#105 11 years ago

I know this is so "yesterday" but, Maiden, Maiden, Maiden!

#106 11 years ago

I'm not a fan of Metallica at all, but the way they incorporated the theme just seems cool to me. Honestly, it makes me want to listen to Metallica. I like that they didn't just take images from the band and slap them onto the playfield--I guess for me the less I have to look at band members on a machine the better. The Rolling Stones was a perfect example of everything I hate about music theme games. I guess in my view it just feels lazy. No thought went into incorporation the theme into the machine--they just slapped some artwork on it and called it good to go. I enjoyed bashing Mic, but not for the reason Stern intended.

Good, bad or whatever a band that I could see getting a machine in the future would be Green Day. I'm also surprised that they haven't done anything with Michael Jackson. Again, not really my cup of tea, but I could see it happening. If they took some of the imagery from Thriller, who knows, it could work.

#107 11 years ago

Nine Inch Nails

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I enjoyed bashing Mic, but not for the reason Stern intended.

Great quote...

#109 11 years ago

merci

#110 11 years ago

Hi your post is dumb, did you see the playfield? You should me thanking your lucky stars it is not another photoshop playfield.

Your post should be why did stern pick a drastic band that lends itself better to pinball than most bands will.

Sorry they did not make your band you like but for us Metallica fans you look sort of silly.

Wonder what you will say when it's Iron Maiden as next music pin?

I will be so excited for you when you get your Bieber,Spears, Rihanna, Taylor Swift or any other pop wonder who sold more than Metalicca. Pretty sure us mainly way over 30 group will be all over those LE Bieber pins. Metal lends itself well to pinball I am sorry you do not like it and your ears hurt.

Me and many others this is like Christmas and you did a good job of taking a dump on are happiness. It sold out in a day, so I think your post is really silly. This pin is going to be special.

#111 11 years ago

I can't ever imagine an Iron Maiden pin being made. I know it's already set in stone on pinside But it just seems too impossible. I have been wrong a time or 2 though

#112 11 years ago

Metallica is awesome. I'm sure there will be another music pin in the future. Metallica is my number 1 favorite band. I'm ecstatic about this release.

Hopefully the next music pin will be something cool as well
    Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Grateful Dead, Megadeath, Kiss even Jimmy Buffet would make another great theme.

I must admit if they got Ozzy to do pinball quotes the game would be epic. Especially if they let him swear

#113 11 years ago

I haven't heard The Grateful Dead come up a lot, but I think that's another band that is know for imagery. I also think Jimmy Buffet would actually work well. I'd rather have a Jaws for my ocean themed game, but going to the tropics with Buffet's volcanoes, parrots and fins also sound like some light fun.

#114 11 years ago

The law it is a forgone conclusion stern put images up quotes a amazing song of there's. Believe it say it with me Trooper Le edition now say it a few more times now try and hold back a smile.

#115 11 years ago

Popular does not equal good . Pinball isn't really popular either and yet it is awesome to very small pecentage of humans on this earth .

#116 11 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I haven't heard The Grateful Dead come up a lot, but I think that's another band that is know for imagery.

Would love The Grateful dead too! Now got to listen to my old LPs...

#117 11 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I haven't heard The Grateful Dead come up a lot, but I think that's another band that is know for imagery. I also think Jimmy Buffet would actually work well. I'd rather have a Jaws for my ocean themed game, but going to the tropics with Buffet's volcanoes, parrots and fins also sound like some light fun.

I want Jimmy to write a pinball song.

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

The law it is a forgone conclusion stern put images up quotes a amazing song of there's.

Really? Like I said I've been wrong before. I just don't see Iron Maiden as a viable band in 'Merica. Maybe because of their music they aren't covered in mainstream media as much and that's how it's tricking me.
    Just judging by the people I know I have a hard time thinking of anyone that knows more than 1 Maiden song...but everyone knows Metallica stuff. To be honest I didn't even know maiden was still together. But then again...not my cup of tea so I probably wouldn't have noticed.

#119 11 years ago

If they really wanted to get the kids attention they would make a Skrillex or some other dubstep band pin.

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB may be obnoxious but the YOLO generation can't get enough of that shit

#120 11 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

If they really wanted to get the kids attention they would make a Skrillex or some other dubstep band pin.

Kids don;t have any monies for home games and don;t go outside enough to play on location

#121 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rando:

I for one would love a Pink Floyd themed Pin. I imagine the playfield an gameplay could/would be a bit funky and different.
    Not many bands I would lay the money out for a NIB system. Pink Floyd yes.

Yup, I was thinking the same thing...and the music could be spectacularly trippy! Good luck on this one, the remaining members are not known for getting along all that well...

You'd have to have some Syd on there, too! How cool would that be?

#122 11 years ago

I want a Bon Jovi pin !!!!

#123 11 years ago

I want a more generic rock pin with original art and theme but with licensed tracks and bits of artwork from the bands featured. The metallica pin looks fun and I don't mind some metallica songs but I hate the band. If they had made it original art in that style with a few metallica songs, some iron maiden, slayer and whatever else and just made it a metal pin maybe i'd be more interested?

Same goes for pink floyd and zep, why not have them all featured on the same british themed rock gods pin? It avoids polarising your customers who strongly dislike bands, movies themes are different as most people don't hate many movies, but music is VERY subjective and people develop strong dislikes for bands

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB may be obnoxious but the YOLO generation can't get enough of that shit

I'm almost 40, love(d) (pre-Load) Metallica and I'd love a dubstep machine. Dubstep is the metal of techno! Haha.

#125 11 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Yup, I was thinking the same thing...and the music could be spectacularly trippy! Good luck on this one, the remaining members are not known for getting along all that well...
    You'd have to have some Syd on there, too! How cool would that be?

Pink Floyd is no longer around and been dead for years. Bring on a band still going strong. Sure I don't like there last few albums from head to toe but Iron Maiden would make an awesome pin and sell great overseas and good in the states just like this Metallica game if done right.

#126 11 years ago

Bring on a band still going strong.

Ozzy custom speech would be great and funny.

black-sabbath-13-650-430.jpgblack-sabbath-13-650-430.jpg blacksabbath-.jpgblacksabbath-.jpg

#127 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Pink Floyd is no longer around and been dead for years. Bring on a band still going strong. Sure I don't like there last few albums from head to toe but Iron Maiden would make an awesome pin and sell great overseas and good in the states just like this Metallica game if done right.

Nah, Floyd is like Jimi, Zep, Beatles, the Airplane, etc.--classic mind bending music that will always be relevant. No one makes music like these guys did. Not even Metallica or Maiden...

#128 11 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Nah, Floyd is like Jimi, Zep, Beatles, the Airplane, etc.--classic mind bending music that will always be relevant. No one makes music like these guys did. Not even Metallica or Maiden...

Lets face it all music is dead these days and nothing new will be remembered for most part. It's kind of like the pin games of old or let's say the 90's area which were big hits and not having many hits these days except a few here and there and looks like Metallica could be one. I still say Iron Maiden would be a success if made over Pink Floyd.

#129 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Snoop Dogg would be better, the voice quotes, music and art.....it's all there.

Oh hell knaw shun.

#130 11 years ago
    #131 11 years ago

I vote for Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band

#132 11 years ago

He's already got one...

bruce_springsteen,_Bangin_the_Pleasure.jpgbruce_springsteen,_Bangin_the_Pleasure.jpg

#133 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I still say Iron Maiden would be a success if made over Pink Floyd.

Sure would be cool if both were made so we could get the answer! I'd predict a sell out for each.

#134 11 years ago

How about AEROSMITH !!! I can't see that not being a popular pin......as long as they don' t do a STEVEN TYLER on a STICK like they did the MICK ON A STICK.

#135 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Mogwai! Now that would be an odd pin.

Mogwai.... The band? I might be the only other pinsider who knows and like this band.

#136 11 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

I'm almost 40, love(d) (pre-Load) Metallica and I'd love a dubstep machine. Dubstep is the metal of techno! Haha.
    » YouTube video

I see your Dubstep and raise you a Breakcore.

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sigh-if-stern-had-to-make-another-music-pin-why-not-a-pick-a-popular-group/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.