(Topic ID: 262647)

Side rails quality

By Grandelius

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8DB30CF8-087C-46E6-AF8B-0D25EF675061 (resized).jpeg
    4C7B6D7B-5A0F-403F-89E2-CA5F3C0C89E9 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

Hi! I ordered a set of side rails a while ago from Pinball Center. If I had known about their reputation in quality I would have ordered it somewhere else, but I didn’t. Now that I took a closer look at them I realized the brushing is vertical compared to the original (see attached photo). I am kind of a purist (don’t see pinballs as christmas trees) so I find this unacceptable. I also don’t like the laser cut appearance but think I can live eith that. Now I need to get a set somewhere else (in europe, due to shipping) and I wonder if someone knows where they have ones with the brushing in the right direction? Has anyone tried those from bestofbinball.de?

How many different manufacturers are there of these kind of things? I wouldn’t have guessed ther were a market for a whole lot.

8DB30CF8-087C-46E6-AF8B-0D25EF675061 (resized).jpeg8DB30CF8-087C-46E6-AF8B-0D25EF675061 (resized).jpeg4C7B6D7B-5A0F-403F-89E2-CA5F3C0C89E9 (resized).jpeg4C7B6D7B-5A0F-403F-89E2-CA5F3C0C89E9 (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 years ago

Chris (HEP) did a little rail review in his thread, thought Pinball Life had good rails:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/113#post-5322093

#3 4 years ago

Thank you. Mine are standard WPC rails though, would be interesting to hear if anyone knows any specifics about them. Also, I want to buy from a european store as I said, since shipping thise overseas is horribly expensive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/side-rails-quality and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.