(Topic ID: 252254)

Side Rail Screws, (NOT NAILS), what are folks using?

By Dono

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A67F4B7-A825-467D-AC91-477712C8FDD4 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

I've got some repro side rails going on a newly painted EM Mata Hari cabinet... based on the nightmare getting a bunch of rusted nails out of the original cabinet and messing up the original rails, I'd like to use a truss head screw or similar. Looking for recommendations on what would work and also look low key to not be obtrusive... suggestions?

Apologies, I remember someone posting about this a while ago, but searched several times and couldn't find it. Thanks in advance

#2 4 years ago

astenere
    #4 x 5/8" Pan Head Sheet Metal Screws, Full Thread, Phillips Drive, Stainless Steel 18-8, Bright Finish, Self-Tapping, Quantity 100 Pieces by Fastenere
    Amazon.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

astenere
    #4 x 5/8" Pan Head Sheet Metal Screws, Full Thread, Phillips Drive, Stainless Steel 18-8, Bright Finish, Self-Tapping, Quantity 100 Pieces by Fastenere
    Amazon.

Thanks, I'll give them a try.

#4 4 years ago

I use cabinet screws, they are small in diameter, strong and come in a variety of sizes. You can get them at Lowes or HD

#5 4 years ago

Here you go man!
    Lowes
    9A67F4B7-A825-467D-AC91-477712C8FDD4 (resized).jpeg9A67F4B7-A825-467D-AC91-477712C8FDD4 (resized).jpeg

I used this screw all over my mata hari
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-thought-she-was-a-dirty-girl-before-i-stripped-her-down/page/2#post-4462326

#6 4 years ago

I use the cabinet screws cause I don't want the large diameter screw. Cabinet are extremely strong and the shank is pretty damn small, they also have a head on them.

Ps. These can be gotten with panhead style heads as well if you have larger holes in the rails themselves.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/side-rail-screws-not-nails-what-are-folks-using and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.