(Topic ID: 139670)

Poll :Side Mirrors, Pinblades or Nothing

By golfingdad1

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which do you prefer ?”

• Mirror Blades 57 votes
      48%
    • Pinblades 22 votes
      19%
    • Nothing at all 39 votes
      33%

(Multiple choice - 118 votes by 115 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz.jpg
    dredd.jpg
    Mario.jpg
    image.jpeg
    medieval_side_blades.jpg
    funhouse_pinblade_collage.jpg
    Metallica_pinblade_collage.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-23_at_10.46.21_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-23_at_10.46.08_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-23_at_10.44.54_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-23_at_10.44.43_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-23_at_10.41.11_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-23_at_10.33.59_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-23_at_10.33.50_PM.png
    #1 8 years ago

I'm kind of on the fence regarding mirrors, blades or nothing at all.

I have a brand new ST premium and want to know what you all think. Vote in the poll and let me know.

#2 8 years ago

Either mirrors or nothing. I'm not a fan of the side graphics, however mirrors can make some games look really cool, and I think ST could be one of those games.

#3 8 years ago

Mirrors on all my games...
    on a ST Premium?...no brainer....that game will pop!

#4 8 years ago

They both have their place depending on your tastes and the machine. What I've found is the Playfield will dictate at times. Little room for Playfield in cab? Go with blades. FH looks great with mirrors but seems that many of them are tight in their cabs.

#5 8 years ago

Make sure your game is a good candidate first , some games don't have enough clearance between the cab & playfield. I do think mirror blades would look good in a ST.

#6 8 years ago

Whatever floats your boat. I do not particularly care for anything on there.

#7 8 years ago

The ST has plenty of space for mirrors or blades

#8 8 years ago

I have a STpro with them installed and it looks awesome.

Get the mirror blades and never look back. They look amazing on this title.

#9 8 years ago

Depends what you're going for. If you're more of a "show piece" person, Mirror blades give a nice look to your machine overall & when you're watching someone else play. When you're playing, they serve no purpose.

#10 8 years ago

I am surprised to see that nothing at all is leading.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

I am surprised to see that nothing at all is leading.

well there's a good mix of modders vs non modders. If it was something that looked good and served a purpose, it might be diff'rent.

#12 8 years ago

Pinball Side Mirrors gets my vote, top quality product at a great price. They look amazing on ST.

#13 8 years ago

Mirrors look great on ST. Felt on the side of the play field made the fit to tight and would pull off leaving a residue on the mirrors. Pulled off the felt and no problems after that.

#14 8 years ago

Love mirror blades on my AC/DC. Really makes the playfield bright and look larger too.

#16 8 years ago

You can have the best of both worlds folks..

That's why we created BLADESKINS
    Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.33.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.33.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.33.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.33.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.46.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.46.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.46.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.46.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.44.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.44.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.44.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.44.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.41.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.41.11 PM.png

JoeRaptor
    www.pingraffix.com

#17 8 years ago

"Enhancing" "Modifying" a machine is a personal thing and should not depend on what others think. Your on the fence, so look at some machines or pictures with the options you are considering and decide for yourself.

Pinball Side Mirrors are held in with three small screws and are easily removed. Mods that are attached to the cabinet sides via adhesive require extra effort to uninstall. So go with the Pinball Side Mirrors and if you don't like them, take them out and get something else.

Side mirrors can add needed reflected light that does help game play.

#18 8 years ago

I have blades on most of my machines from PinGraffix. They really look great and I have gotten fantastic customer support from Joe and his team. Highly recommended. Check out my machines with PinBlades.

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/my%20mods.html

Metallica_pinblade_collage.jpgMetallica_pinblade_collage.jpg
    funhouse_pinblade_collage.jpgfunhouse_pinblade_collage.jpg
    medieval_side_blades.jpgmedieval_side_blades.jpg

#19 8 years ago

I think I've been hijacked ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#20 8 years ago

No respect I'm tellin' Ya, No respect.

#21 8 years ago

Thanks Minnesota 13 , good to know .
    As you probably have seen ST is plenty bright and doesn't need much more.

Side thought , Can there be to much light on particular machines that you have seen ?

#22 8 years ago

Joe at PinGraffix does an awesome job in creating perfectly matched art work.

I am a big fan! The mirror blade skins are my favorite.

#23 8 years ago

mirrors, adds more light bthrough reflection, an sometimes like on X-men theres really cool art that you cant see at the back of the playfield, an once the mirrors are on you cant miss it through the reflection.

#24 8 years ago

Pin Blades for me all the way. They really enhance the theme not just mirror the image.. I prefer the look. Easy to install and easy to take off if you want to. Great team at pingraffix as well.. Great customer service.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Mario.jpgMario.jpg
    dredd.jpgdredd.jpg

woz.jpgwoz.jpg

#25 8 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words and great support guys!

One other thing people do not realize until they install them..the special laminate we use also reflects light.. So you get a real nice finish that has a nice sheen to it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/side-mirrors-pinblades-or-nothing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.