9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Kholmes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-710.jpg
    image-784.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Getting ready to install MB cabinet side art.

Any pointers so I can get it done right the first time as far as alignment?

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

remove the play field and save yourself a lot of headache. I did not, looks ok now, but holy cow could I have saved some frustration.

If you don't want to remove the play field, be sure to cut the backing a couple times to make it easier to remove around the vertical PF, there is not too much clearance there.

#3 9 years ago

When I did my WW side art recently. We centered the art weighted half of it down. Then pealed the backing off half way and cut the backing off. Then we had a small rolling pin and a large one. We throw them away after 20 sec and use are hands went slow. You can't really feel the air bubbles when you use your hands. Just have a friend hold up decal at about a 25 degree angle and you smothen and push the air out. You will need a new razor to do all the triming after the decal is laid. Don't cut the decal until it's laid. Use a stiff razor.

image-784.jpgimage-784.jpg
    image-710.jpgimage-710.jpg

#4 9 years ago

That looks awesome. Good job.

3 weeks later
    #5 9 years ago

Has anyone done this with the legs on and PF glass trim channels as well?

Just curious, people do it different ways. I understand that. See what happens, but I'm not there yet.

I have two games that I may attempt. We'll see.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/side-art-installation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.