(Topic ID: 83822)

Sick of "Whats your Cash and Carry" price?

By Pinphila

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rs812
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-776.jpg
    IMG_4085.JPG
    IMG_4086.JPG
    image-895.jpg
    image-905.jpg
    image-710.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from edwinpblue:

There are two types of buyers that I hate. The first is the person who wants to negotiate the price on the phone and then beat you up after they arrive to get another $500 based upon whatever bogus reason they can conjure. The second are the people who agree on a price. Like the game when they arrive then try and squeeze another $100; as in "would you take..." Recently a buyer and I agreeded on a price for one if my pins ("$4100 but no lower" which was a drop from $4500). He liked the game and said that I described it perfectly. He asked if would go $3900. I politely said no. He said ok, here is $4100. I said "it's $4200!" He said "what happened to $4100?!?" I said "I was wondering the same thing when you said 'would you take $3900?'" One, I didn't sell. Two, I guess I reinforced the fact that I'm an ass. Three, it felt good. I don't understand the "I'll agree on a price only to modify the agreement after said price has been negotiated .

I LOVED THIS !!!! If you really did it "you da man". I truly am going to do this next time someone tries this on me. In fact, I wish everyone would follow this policy.....you definitely were not an A**.....he was if you already agreed on a price...."this is a classic" and I would have loved to see the guys face once he figured out you weren't joking !!!

I am dealing with a similar situation right now. Guy tries to low ball me by $150 after he knew the price a week ago and I made it clear I was firm and would send him pictures (which he could not find anything in the pictures I did ot accurately describe). So now I have told him he can have it $150 cheaper but now FIRST I am going to allow the other 2 people who have been waiting to look at it take a shot at it and if they offer one dollar more then you just did it is THEIR GAME (which I will be shocked if one of them does not offer above the price I agreed to sell it to him for). Lets see if he wants to "gamble" once he has truly something to lose (as I truly have 2 other people wanting to look at the game)....hey, dude "do you feel lucky today"......LOL !!! This type of seller I call "THE SQUEEZER" as they always want that last "ounce of blood".....I deal with them before they come over and waste my time even more as you know in person they will try to squeeze you some more "if you don't set them straight before they come over". Guess because I truly never care much if someone buys or not I also can be an A** just "because I can be".....LOL !!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sick-of-whats-your-cash-and-carry-price?tu=houseofpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.